• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

Nintendo Switch dominates in September | UK Monthly Charts

Over 1.07 million physical games were sold in the UK during September, according to GfK Entertainment.The top game of tā€¦

Super Mario 3D All Star
Super Mario All-Stars is the second fastest-selling Mario platform release in the series' history, just behind 2017's Super Mario Odyssey

Switch software
Nintendo dominated the entire month. 32.3% of all physical games sold in the UK during September were Nintendo-published titles, while 41.7% were for the Nintendo Switch console.

Hardware
And Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console. Overall, 146,000 consoles were sold during September in the UK, according to GfK. That means, so far this year, 1.3 million games machines have been sold in the UK. That's a rise of 34.2% over the same period in 2019. Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch are all seeing growth year-to-date, with Switch sales in particular up 90% compared with the same period in 2019.

Top 20 best selling physical software, September 2020

1 Super Mario 3D All-Stars
2 Marvel's Avengers
3 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
4 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
5 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
6 Minecraft (Switch)
7 Grand Theft Auto 5
8 NBA 2K21
9 PGA Tour 2K21
10 Ring Fit Adventure
11 Ghost of Tsushima
12 Minecraft Dungeons
13 FIFA 20
14 Super Mario Odyssey
15 Mafia: Definitive Edition
16 EA Sports UFC 4
17 F1 2020
18 Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
19 Paper Mario: The Origami King
20 LEGO Harry Potter Collection

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Switch has a realistic chance of surpassing PS4's best year in the UK too, graphic of hiska-kun

2020-08-28-19-50-53.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For their next trick Nintendo is going to make a Musou game sell over 5 million copies.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Best Handheld I've ever owned. Would be a serious go to gaming device for me, if i didn't own a Gaming PC.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
See you in a few years when Nintendo is owned by Microsoft.

No way they won't be going third party after this performance

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Damn, very impressive. I don't think the PS5 or XSX will make a dent in how the Switch is performing. Leading the pack for sure

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
90% up year on year with a bunch of ports being the sum total of first party releases this month. Imagine what it'll be like with a new game.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Particularly impressive given the UK is traditionally one of Nintendo's weakest markets in terms of marketshare.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Good stuff, it's an incredible piece of hardware and has a crazy library of games at this stage.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
+90% YoY being for year to date rather than September is a very important distinction that people have missed. 2020 has obviously been amazing for Switch but we don't know how September went specifically for HW. Physical software domination is pretty crazy but Mario 3D was the biggest release of the month with Avengers being the only other big launch skewing digital heavily, so its not too surprising.

Anyway +90% YoY is good to know, that's better than the +83% in the US as of August.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Damn I guess Nintendo is doomed after all, can't wait for all the sad Mario thumbnails on youtube

Oct 26, 2017
For their next trick Nintendo is going to make a Musou game sell over 5 million copies.
What is the highest selling musou worldwide? I think HW:AoC could pull it off. Seems to be ticking the right boxes at a great time. This holiday's fairly barren with big releases from Nintendo, with 3D All-Stars and Mario Kart Live being the only other competition from Nintendo.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What is the highest selling musou worldwide? I think HW:AoC could pull it off. Seems to be ticking the right boxes at a great time. This holiday's fairly barren with big releases from Nintendo, with 3D All-Stars and Mario Kart Live being the only other competition from Nintendo.

I believe it's Dynasty Warriors 4 at just over 2m copies sold. In fact I think Koei Tecmo's best selling game of all time is Ni-Oh at ~3m copies with Fire Emblem Three Houses not far behind.

I think Age of Calamity will be the biggest game they've ever developed, and it's not probably a factor in DW9 Empires coming to Switch when it would probably be more convenient not to bother.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Particularly impressive given the UK is traditionally one of Nintendo's weakest markets in terms of marketshare.
This is very pertinent. DS and Wii very well here but fell off after 3DS and Wii U came to market. Even the height of the DS Wii success there was a large chunk of non-gamers. Switch is just on another level. Really glad Nintendo has done so well. It's just a shame that they like to follow up a success with a failure, hah. Hopefully this doesn't happen for Switch.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
90% YoY growth is astounding, considering the Lite launched during September last year. While Lite didn't set the charts on fire in the UK, it did inevitably provide a boost, so being 90% up YoY is huge.