• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leadsom backed the crazy parents being against lbgt classes in school today in a interview today . The ones that took their kids out of the classes and spewed homophobic shit

So been a good day

Oct 31, 2017
This latest Margaret Hodge pushed Corbyn 'scandal' must be the most pathetic of the lot. They have a recording of Corbyn apparently saying that he wants a better, more strict approach to anti Semitism in the Labour party and that there have been failures in the past, and she's on the radio saying this shows how you cant trust him. When asked about how he also says he has received death threats, she says she has as well and blames them on Corbyn. God knows I'm sick of Corbyns triangulation and refusal to properly address Brexit, but this is just IMO ridiculous.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So let me get this straight.

The argument has been that Corbyn is 'a fucking racist' who is antisemitic and doesn't give a shit about racism in the party or at worst is part of the problem.

And their newly dropped evidence is....

A secret recording of him showing concern about the problem and assuring that it will be looked into by an independent body because historically it hasn't been treated right within the party...

Ffs. Anyone who isn't a raving anti Corbyn lunatic will see this as showing the complete opposite of what the narrative currently is.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Margaret Hodge just hates the guy full stop, everything he does is wrong to her. All pressure on Corbyn should be focused on Brexit at the moment, dragging up the antisemitism stuff now isn't going to help either issue.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Pretty brazen move from Hodge, especially to give The Times their "CORBYN ADMITS LABOUR IGNORED ANTISEMITISM" headline. Not even the BBC ran with that big of a hack job.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The argument has been that Corbyn is 'a fucking racist' who is antisemitic and doesn't give a shit about racism in the party or at worst is part of the problem.

A secret recording of him showing concern about the problem and assuring that it will be looked into by an independent body because historically it hasn't been treated right within the party...

Ffs. Anyone who isn't a raving anti Corbyn lunatic will see this as showing the complete opposite of what the narrative currently is.
I've read the story on a couple of different sites and this is it. Is this supposed to be a bad thing? The way some are trying to spin it like some gotcha moment but all it shows is Corbyn was actually concerned about the issue and wanted to do more.

Probably not the power play they were hoping for when Hodge secretly recorded him and leaked it to the paper. A move that would get anyone else fired immediately.

Oct 31, 2017
We have heard endlessly about Corbyns cult of brainwashed supporters, but it appears that he also causes his opponents brains to melt and drip out their ears. There have been a lot of desperate smears aimed at Corbyn, but this is just weird.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've read the story on a couple of different sites and this is it. Is this supposed to be a bad thing? The way some are trying to spin it like some gotcha moment but all it shows is Corbyn was actually concerned about the issue and wanted to do more.

Probably not the power play they were hoping for when Hodge secretly recorded him and leaked it to the paper. A move that would get anyone else fired immediately.
All this does is three things:

1. Give anti Corbyn people more fuel to hate him since they have already decided he is shit
  2. Potentially turn fence sitters onto his side by being a stupid fucking argument and clearly a baseless attack
  3. Run the risk of turning some people against the side of the Jewish people by using antisemitism as a weapon.
So overall its a complete an d utter failure that not only does the opposite of what they want but also potentially does the real argument against antisemitism harm in the long run.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's what the world is doing wrong, we just need to solve racism.

Why didn't we think of that sooner? It's not hard and doesn't take more then a few years apparently....

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Saw an interesting thread about Hodge potentially having broken GDPR rules over this. Wonder how the #FBPE lot will take it.

Oct 27, 2017

Truly evidence that Corbyn in Downing Street would result in Gestapo officers goose stepping down the street and Kristallnacht II for British Jews.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No matter how bad British politics get, at least we'll never have to vote for a party as awful as the Democrats.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Refusing to protect one of your own representatives who's having her life endangered by the far-right and instead going for a photo op with a party whose MPs include those who supported 9 years of ideologically-driven austerity which devastated working class communities is peak US liberal politics.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
So instead of having a conversation with the modern day left-wing Labour Party (the Democrats would ideally learn a lot of things from them on economic policies) she decides to speak with the Blairites. Then proceeds to further jab at Ilhan.

Great work, Nancy.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017

No matter how bad British politics get, at least we'll never have to vote for a party as awful as the Democrats.

Huh? Why did anti-Semitism come up? Seems random..

Also bringing that up at every opportunity, but ignoring the islamaphobic attacks going on against one of their members? Not a good look.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Huh? Why did anti-Semitism come up? Seems random..

Also bringing that up at every opportunity, but ignoring the islamaphobic attacks going on against one of their members? Not a good look.
Its a further dig at senator Omar who they recently tried to insinuate was an antisemite.

Probably bonus point was strengthen the fight against the left to keep power in the status quo centre ground.

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I thought Pelosi was a smart operator, pissing off the next possible leader of the UK and governing party of the UK over a few has beens and hopefully ex MP's seems a bit off.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the Corbyn story has already fallen off the front page of the bbc news site and the mail never even bothered with it and moved on to talking about Lammy. Definitely don't think this played out the way they were hoping.

In some ways it's a shame because Labour probably would benefit from an independent complaints body but the way some people go about this issue it's so obviously not their real intention and that gets lost.

Also that picture of TIG with Pelosi is so perfect. Corbyn might be a bit rubbish but I'll be forever grateful for him giving the left some daylight between them and this neoliberal shit.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I see the Corbyn story has already fallen off the front page of the bbc news site and the mail never even bothered with it and moved on to talking about Lammy. Definitely don't think this played out the way they were hoping.

In some ways it's a shame because Labour probably would benefit from an independent complaints body but the way some people go about this issue it's so obviously not their real intention and that gets lost.

Also that picture of TIG with Pelosi is so perfect. Corbyn might be a bit rubbish but I'll be forever grateful for him giving the left some daylight between them and this neoliberal shit.

Imagine running an anti-Labour article so weak even the Mail can't be bothered to push it

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bold of you to assume the DNC is smart.

I don't think Pelosi is on the DNC is she? I think she's usually a pretty smart person in terms of political savvy, it's just a shame that the Democrat's positions on so many issues are pure dogshit. They're lucky they have the Republicans around to make them look less evil by comparison.

Theonik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Pelosi is on the DNC is she? I think she's usually a pretty smart person in terms of political savvy, it's just a shame that the Democrat's positions on so many issues are pure dogshit. They're lucky they have the Republicans around to make them look less evil by comparison.
Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House. She has nothing to do with the DNC.
Artistic license.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
As some in the Twitter comments pointed out - it's a Boris rule, so nobody gives a shit about enforcing it.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And here's the BBC with their coverage of this non issue

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47996907

Look how many times they throw how apologetic Diane is into the first half:

The Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP said she was "sincerely sorry for drinking on TfL".

Under TfL's conditions of carriage "anyone caught consuming alcohol may be prosecuted".

'Sincerely sorry'
Ms Abbott said she was "sincerely sorry" for drinking the tinned cocktail.

She wrote on Twitter: "A photo of me drinking from a can of M&S mojito on the Overground has been circulated.

"I'm sincerely sorry for drinking on TFL."

Status
Not open for further replies.