• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

On Thursday, Master of the Rolls, Sir Terence Etherton, Lord Justice Irwin and Lord Justice Singh concluded that it was "irrational and therefore unlawful" for the international trade secretary to have licenced the weapons exports without assessing whether past incidents amounted to breaches of international humanitarian law (IHL) and if there was a "clear risk" of future breaches.

"The question whether there was an historic pattern of breaches of IHL ... was a question which required to be faced," the ruling said.

The government must now consider stopping exporting weapons to Saudi Arabia that could be used in the Yemen war.

Admittedly this seems partly a matter of technicalities - that the government hadn't made a proper assessment - but still

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, had to stop at the second corbyn song thing, i'm no good at handling cringe.

I
The right really aren't good at humour are they?

That comment about the Right's fabled ability "to meme"...

It turns out adopting the views and speech pattern of your racist relative that makes family gatherings uncomfortable in your teens/early 20s is not a fantastic set-up for a life in comedy.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
This will play well with the gammon. Putting lefty women in their place, not "real" violence. People will cheer this and it's disgusting.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
D9ig5fRUcAII3_k.jpg

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well
Well
Well

Police were called to the London home of Boris Johnson and his partner on Friday morning - after a neighbour reportedly heard a loud argument.

The Guardian reported Carrie Symonds could be heard telling Mr Johnson to "get off me" and "get out of my flat".

The Metropolitan Police told the BBC it "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well".

In a statement, it said "there was no cause for police action". A spokesman for Mr Johnson said: "No comment".

The Guardian reported that a neighbour had told the newspaper they heard a woman screaming followed by "slamming and banging".

The paper said the neighbour was inside their own flat when they recorded the alleged altercation.

It said that in the recording - heard by the Guardian, but not by the BBC - Mr Johnson could be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling the woman to "get off my laptop" before there was a loud crashing noise.

Ms Symonds is allegedly heard saying the MP had ruined a sofa with red wine: "You just don't care for anything because you're spoilt. You have no care for money or anything."

I mean. This shit didn't stop Trump :(

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
How do these cunts sleep at night.

It's easy to sleep at night when you live in the world of Cayman Islands bank accounts and after dinner speeches. This is all a game to see who can get the most adoring biography commissioned, it's not real life for them. David Cameron destroyed our society and the only consequence for him was that his memoirs are going to sell like shit.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It's easy to sleep at night when you live in the world of Cayman Islands bank accounts and after dinner speeches. This is all a game to see who can get the most adoring biography commissioned, it's not real life for them. David Cameron destroyed our society and the only consequence for him was that his memoirs are going to sell like shit.

Pretty much. Their victims are so often not their voters that they get to live in their own little choose you own adventure novel, deluding themselves into thinking they always made the right choice and bettered the country - not because they actually care about doing so but because they wanna be a main character in history.

Oct 27, 2017
They don't care about my Jamaican bruvas and sistas.

Fuck the Tories

C'mon Bro the tories love the Windrush generation I mean surrrreeeeeeeee they may have been some insy winsy itsy bitsy "oopsies" but they get a whole DAY named after them and we are gonna give them a Memorial at waterloo station. See the Tories are so for the Windrush generation /s

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only 40%.

Doesn't really change things, both and many more are lying scum implementing shit policy and getting rich off the back of it.

It's bad that people don't care and the media don't do enough to call them out though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
New survation poll which have been the most accurate for the last few elections/votes.

Interesting that brexit is actually lower than the tories.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Labour MP Dan Carden on Pienaars politics, refuses to rule out a land tax on home owners, there goes millions of votes if they bring that in

Johnson has said he will launch a review into HS2.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a choice between Brexit and keeping Farage out of No.10 then I would choose Brexit. If Brexit happens he won't become PM.

Don't hate me too much Era :\
You know that's not true. If Brexit happens Farage moves into the great purge portion of his plan. Kick anyone who isn't a national out. The end goal isn't leave the EU, it's to push his isolationist policies when he has the pieces in place to do so

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
What could the latter even do? He has shown himself to be lazy and incompetent. You'd just get another standstill.

Lazy and incompetent yes but dangerous, BoJo/Cunt even with their bluster know what no-deal entails, Farage doesn't seem to grasp the fundamentals of fiction-less trade and the treaty's that make up our EU membership so he'll try to go for no deal and lets not forget that he is Trumps lap dog so the UK could be dragged into the middle of the Iran-US escalation. Something I feel the UK should stay away from.

You know that's not true. If Brexit happens Farage moves into the great purge portion of his plan. Kick anyone who isn't a national out. The end goal isn't leave the EU, it's to push his isolationist policies when he has the pieces in place to do so

If we can purge does that mean it's like the third one so politicians aren't protected?

In all seriousness though I am deeply worried about a no deal Brexit and it's implications it could have on the UK and me personally and the access to my MS medicine, so if Brexit has to happen then I would pefer May's deal over anything else but remain over May's deal.

Remain>May's deal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No deal Brexit

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lazy and incompetent yes but dangerous, BoJo/Cunt even with their bluster know what no-deal entails, Farage doesn't seem to grasp the fundamentals of fiction-less trade and the treaty's that make up our EU membership so he'll try to go for no deal and lets not forget that he is Trumps lap dog so the UK could be dragged into the middle of the Iran-US escalation. Something I feel the UK should stay away from.
This is dangerously wrong because every single one of them do understand what no deal entails, its just that they don't give a fuck because they will not only be insulated by its results but will actually profit from it due to their money and friends involved.

Don't mistake them spouting bullshit that is factually wrong for being misinformed or ignorant. It's just them saying what the base, media and rich friends want. Look at how well it works, you have half the tory part members being willing to sink their own team just to get brexit.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be intrigued to know the poll results if instead of having BoJo vs Cunt, they'd ask Bojo vs Cunt vs May staying.

Farage doesn't seem to grasp the fundamentals of fiction-less trade and the treaty's that make up our EU membership so he'll try to go for no deal
That's very wrong. Farage knows full well what he's doing. He wouldn't have had his daughter take German citizenship if not. He's a very calculating asshole trying to destroy the country and rebuild it to his image (while making a lot of money through it). Of all the Brexiter scums, he's the one with the long term plan. The others just want to make money and bugger off.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
This is dangerously wrong because every single one of them do understand what no deal entails, its just that they don't give a fuck because they will not only be insulated by its results but will actually profit from it due to their money and friends involved.

Don't mistake them spouting bullshit that is factually wrong for being misinformed or ignorant. It's just them saying what the base, media and rich friends want. Look at how well it works, you have half the tory part members being willing to sink their own team just to get brexit.

Yes I agree that Hunt/BoJo know what no deal entails even BoJo has to even swerve the October deadline question because he knows, he is just trying to game the EU into giving in (which we know won't work).

Farage on the other hand if you have listened to him on LBC doesn't seem to grasp it everything comes back to "If I have money and want trade someone will trade with me" he hasn't got a clue how our EU membership works and the trade agreements we have because of our membership, he doesn't even buy the argument that a higher population base = better trade deals it's always money. He still believes that the German auto industry will tell the German government to do a deal when they have already spoken that is to protect the unity of the EU.

I've seen it when someone presses on the detail he folds like a paperman.

That's very wrong. Farage knows full well what he's doing. He wouldn't have had his daughter take German citizenship if not. He's a very calculating asshole trying to destroy the country and rebuild it to his image (while making a lot of money through it). Of all the Brexiter scums, he's the one with the long term plan. The others just want to make money and bugger off.

His is wife is German and in Germany you can hold duel nationalities. See above your post for the rest.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yes I agree that Hunt/BoJo know what no deal entails even BoJo has to even swerve the October deadline question because he knows, he is just trying to game the EU into giving in (which we know won't work).

Farage on the other hand if you have listened to him on LBC doesn't seem to grasp it everything comes back to "If I have money and want trade someone will trade with me" he hasn't got a clue how our EU membership works and the trade agreements we have because of our membership, he doesn't even buy the argument that a higher population base = better trade deals it's always money. He still believes that the German auto industry will tell the German government to do a deal when they have already spoken that is to protect the unity of the EU.

I've seen it when someone presses on the detail he folds like a paperman.
Again, he knows what he is doing.

They all resort to deflection tactics because they know they are selling something that isn't actually possible. It's the idea they are selli, not the factual nature of it.

They know that the people who do care about the actual details already aren't on side so all they have to do is keep spouting rubbish and rile their base up for not getting what they want to believe is not only possible but easy to do.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Labour MP Dan Carden on Pienaars politics, refuses to rule out a land tax on home owners, there goes millions of votes if they bring that in

Johnson has said he will launch a review into HS2.

I want faster rail transport so I don't mind HS2, however all they'll do is continue HS2 connecting the North West and London and cancel HS3 which would have connected the North West and North East together.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
I want faster rail transport so I don't mind HS2, however all they'll do is continue HS2 connecting the North West and London and cancel HS3 which would have connected the North West and North East together.
Some HS3 infrastructure will be built by HS2. Manchester HS2 station will be oriented such that the branch to the HS2 mainline can be extended on to Leeds. And then where that branch does part from the mainline, the junction will have passive provision for continuing on to Liverpool. I think it will come, eventually.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course he says that in public, that's what his whole business model is based on: selling gross over simplifications to people confused by the complexity of the world.
The question is whether he knows it's dumb and false. There's no proof he does, but it's far safer to assume he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.