• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
People calling for Boris to get sacked don't understand the point of him being there, he's being punished for backing Brexit, they put him in a position he's uniquely qualified to fuck up at every turn, they have reporters follow him everywhere and report on every stupid racist thing he says, any kind of false reputation he built as London Mayor (notably his reputation only grew outside London where people were actually experiencing what he was doing) is being ripped to shreds on a international level now.

Long may it continue.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
People calling for Boris to get sacked don't understand the point of him being there, he's being punished for backing Brexit, they put him in a position he's uniquely qualified to fuck up at every turn, they have reporters follow him everywhere and report on every stupid racist thing he says, any kind of false reputation he built as London Mayor (notably his reputation only grew outside London where people were actually experiencing what he was doing) is being ripped to shreds on a international level now.

Long may it continue.

I always felt the point was to put him in a position where he would mess it up to a point where he could be sacked and therefore removed as a potential Conservative leader. Unfortunately May is now so weak she can't seem to fire him no matter what he says/does. That's bad news all around.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that this government can limp on as it is is absolutely insane. This has to be the poorest crop of politicians to be in power in decades.

That being said, there's no chance Boris goes anywhere anytime soon with May in charge. He could literally shit on a royal corgi and nothing would be made of it at this point. He's just the lovable buffoon that fucks up people's lives.

Can I shit on the royal corgi?

This government and nearly everything surrounding it is rotten.

What scandal can we look forward to next?

Norfolk Enchants

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If May gets rid of Boris, it will be a leadership challenge. Everyone knows it, he will easily rally the 48 and I for one would not be surprised to see Mog through his hat in and win

We would then welcome the Victorian Era back with open arms as the guy is a walking Victorian who obviously has time shifted somehow

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
If May gets rid of Boris, it will be a leadership challenge. Everyone knows it, he will easily rally the 48 and I for one would not be surprised to see Mog through his hat in and win

We would then welcome the Victorian Era back with open arms as the guy is a walking Victorian who obviously has time shifted somehow

Both Johnson and Rees-Mogg are electoral poison who will tear the party apart, forcing an election that they'll inevitably lose. That's why the party are so desperate for May to hang on.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Nobody wants to lead the party just now because they wouldn't have the support in their own party to successfully do anything and all signs point to them losing more seats if they have another snap election. I don't think we'd see a leadership challenge but then also if May loses the support of the people who would back Boris in a challenge then it's basically the same problem. The Tories continue to have fucked everything up no matter what.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Redwood and the other Priti-Brexit supporters need ECT and straight jackets.
I can't imagine how fucked things will get if they start running the UK asylum.

This period with May in charge will become the golden years.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Dodgy as hell that she sacked a minister then went to a party for a man who condemned the sacking on the front page of his newspaper.

Good job May is PM for only a little while longer.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
My local newspaper (in Sevenoaks) has absolutely gone in on Fallon and it is hilarious. They tried to arrange an interview and got no response so they emailed him to ask:

If the standards of behaviour you allude to in your resignation letter "had fallen below the high standards" demanded of the Armed Forces, why aren't those same standards applied when considering your position as the MP for Sevenoaks? Does the MP for Sevenoaks demand less of a moral code?

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
Penny Mordaunt is being moved from work and pensions to international development because it no longer matters if you're qualified for a post, just what way you campaigned in 2015: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41931063

Sadly, the list of qualified leavers for the role began with "Priti" and ended with "Patel" (I'm not saying she was good, she was abominable, but you could say she at least had some history with the area and the damage she was doing was on purpose).

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Indeed, I'm quite surprised at that, because as I understand Turkey were really very, very upset about that incident. Boris doesn't get their opprobrium because he apparently hated that line of attack (as per All Out War), and because he's of Turkish decent.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't notice the FFS, I've always liked Ed, he would have been a bloody good PM.
I liked Ed, even cast my vote for him when I was in the union. Revised my opinion of him when I went to a Barbie my then neighbour (Jess Asato, team ed) threw. Had many people there that were working on either ed or Dave's campaign. Much to my disappointment, most of the people working on Ed's campaign were nasty pieces of work, whereas Dave's were generally nice people.

Jess was everything wrong with new labour. Talking about the local working class pub (Boston arms), she was very sneery. I told her she should be campaigning in those types of pub and she replied 'they vote for us anyway'. Mug.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I liked Ed, even cast my vote for him when I was in the union. Revised my opinion of him when I went to a Barbie my then neighbour (Jess Asato, team ed) threw. Had many people there that were working on either ed or Dave's campaign. Much to my disappointment, most of the people working on Ed's campaign were nasty pieces of work, whereas Dave's were generally nice people.

Jess was everything wrong with new labour. Talking about the local working class pub (Boston arms), she was very sneery. I told her she should be campaigning in those types of pub and she replied 'they vote for us anyway'. Mug.

Wasn't Jess David's social media person?

Anyway if something comes out about Ed himself I might change my opinion about him, but he seems alright to me. Even if some in his circle were arses.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure many private companies made a fortune to cover the holes in public services and politicians just happen to be involved with said private companies or soon to be in their semi retirement. Brexit will be a feast.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't Jess David's social media person?

Anyway if something comes out about Ed himself I might change my opinion about him, but he seems alright to me. Even if some in his circle were arses.
Can't remember if she was ed or Dave tbh, maybe I lumped her in with the ed lot because of that sneering behaviour lol

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Austerity worked for what exactly?

I believe that Boles argument is that it worked to bring down the deficit to sustainable levels, but that now the Tories should abandon the plan of eliminating the deficit and instead focus on improving productivity and increasing growth.

Which I mean is certainly an idea. Better than the gaping chasm of thought in the executive at present, at any rate.

Frankly, I think it would feature heavily in any "Explain the major factors behind Britain's exit of the European Union" essay worth its salt, so there's that.

For certain.

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

She doesn't look too evil

What I took away from the article is that she is a proven fuckwit when it comes to the EU, and would rather tell dick jokes in Parliament to keep her Navy Reserve buddies amused than represent the interests of her constituency.

Thank fuck May had the sense not to give her Defense, as was apparently suggested. She's got this job because she's a female Leaver, and there are only so many to choose from.

Edit: And the talk of 'ending austerity' is short-hand for, 'the books are going to go to shit in a couple of years, so we need to buy a shot at the next GE while we still can'.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

In other news, Bozza still a deplorable turd with a wig and a thesaurus from 1870.

Begging for a trade deal which will be total shit. You're are stroking Trump's ego but he could not give a shit what the trade deal is actually like except a narrow view of US gets the better deal. Why bloody bother.

Trump said today in China that he respects the Chinese for taking advantage of America for their own gain. Good luck UK, no legs to stand on in that trade talk.

Last edited:

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
This is not the Brexit thread, but does anyone know the timetable for this round of Brexit negotiations?

About when will we know if the EU will get the money they are asking for?

Given Davies is a believer and cabinet members are forces unto themselves now, he really can do whatever he wants. It's not as if May can sack him if talks collapse.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like his hair is wearing a wig. Also, how has he still got a job? Every week is another fuck up - this time instead of being racist he i endangering Britons in Iran.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
This is not the Brexit thread, but does anyone know the timetable for this round of Brexit negotiations?

About when will we know if the EU will get the money they are asking for?

Given Davies is a believer and cabinet members are forces unto themselves now, he really can do whatever he wants. It's not as if May can sack him if talks collapse.

This round of negotiations will finish today, so we'll probably have some sort of press conference this afternoon/evening. The EU calendar for now till new year doesn't have a date for another round of negotiations, but there will be a 'stocktaking' on the 20th of November, so we'll probably know more around then.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It looks like his hair is wearing a wig. Also, how has he still got a job? Every week is another fuck up - this time instead of being racist he i endangering Britons in Iran.

To be honest, every time a brexit supporter is fired brings the promotion of Mogg closer, and then he's available for the big job. That really worries me, and I'm not even joking about it.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017

In other news, Bozza still a deplorable turd with a wig and a thesaurus from 1870.

OK3WkId.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.