• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Oct 25, 2017
A 'This House holds no confidence in Her Majesty's Government' motion gets time granted by default so the government doesn't need to approve it. Or is it just if the opposition tables the motion.

Either way, labour would likely vote in favour but the DUP has said they'd only support such a motion of May's deal gets through.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
And yet nearly 50% of the country votes for the cunts who decide this should happen.

This country is an absolute fucking disgrace.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
"Tents are not a viable lifestyle", says government responsible for increase in people living in tents.

I mean they're almost right...

Oct 26, 2017
Ivan Lewis has quit and become independent.
Blames Corbyn for being unsupportive of Israeli ethnostate. Welp. Stopped him suffering repercussions for sexual harassment.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lord Ashdown, who led the party between 1988 and 1999, revealed last month that he had been diagnosed with bladder cancer.

Speaking to the Somerset Live website at the time, Lord Ashdown said: "We must see about the outcome, which as always with things like this, is unpredictable.

"I've fought a lot of battles in my life.

"This time I am lucky enough to have the magnificent help of our local hospital, and my friends and family, and that gives me great confidence."
RIP: https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-k-former-liberal-democrats-leader-paddy-ashdown-has-died.88882/

Last edited:

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Hey everybody, wanna see something gross?

fff.jpg

Sure you're not a fox? I'll sniff out the truth!

Henley Mills, five, plays with a hound from the Albrighton & Woodland Hunt, which gathered at Hagley Hall, near Stourbridge, West Mids, for the Boxing Day hunt yesterday. Hundreds of thousands turned out across the country to support their local hunts, although some meets faced protests from anti-hunting activists.

"Who's going to get to kill their first animal for fun? You are, yes you are!"

You'd never have guessed fox-hunting was illegal.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt. I was just in the big shopping mall in Watford and for the Saturday after Christmas, it is quiet. Very quiet. The mall has already had an alarming number of vacant units for the past couple of years; it's hard to see how that won't get worse, especially when you see the poor performance of shops peddling cheap tat like Tiger.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
John Redwood MP to be Knighted for services to being a slimy dick.

But let's be fair, maybe he's more personable when you get to know him. From his ex-wife:

He can be very rude and arrogant. He is heartless and capable of awful cruelty.

The torment to which he subjected me shows the utterly inhuman nature of this man's personality. He is a Vulcan, not a human being.

[In reference to a leaflet claiming Redwood did a lot for charity] In the 35 years we spent together John never gave in time and effort to any charity.

No one who behaves like this to his wife and family deserves to have the privilege and honour of representing a constituency at Westminster.

Massively transparent bung by May to attempt saving her Brexit deal.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
It's very hard to keep up with because there are new incidents every month.

You could start with the Howard Jacobson article from April to get to grips with what British Jews actually feel about the issue.

The major flashpoints around Corbyn involve his appearances on Press TV and muttering antisemitic tropes, praising an antisemitic mural, laying a wreath on the grave of the mastermind behind the Munich attacks and a list of other incidents involving Holocaust deniers and general antisemitism that is far too long for me to link up at work.

Most people here think it's a conspiracy but it absolutely isn't. The leaders office is doing absolutely everything it can to protect blatant antisemites. They'll tell you it's because he cares for Palestinians, but then why is he taking Assad's money? He thinks a Jewish conspiracy is responsible for most of the world's ills and the criticism he receives. Last month Thornberry said he failed to deal with it because he was 'upset'.

The long and short of it is that Corbyn brought in an influx of people from notoriously antisemitic parties and has been trying to protect that voting bloc in the membership ever since.

Worth remembering at this point that Israel only exists because of Labour and Clement Atlee.

So I read the article, and yeah, there's a ton of examples of horrid shit. And that's obviously clear as day to me. Any kind of attempt at explaining conspiracies etc as "it's the Jews" is obvious to me.
But i guess for me the kind of antisemitism that's coming from Labour is something I don't really recognise. Probably because most people are too hardwired to assume anything along the nazi rhetoric is the only type you can get.

So okay, in regards to the wreath, didn't he lay one at the same gravesite as one of the munich attack perpetrators? And not actually on it?

Actually scratch all that, just read this article https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ern-corbyn-israel-palestine-antisemitism-ihra
And that honestly seems clear cut to me. Seems there's an extra agenda when it comes to empowering Palestinians.
That's UK politics fucked for a good while yeesh.

Nov 20, 2017
So I read the article, and yeah, there's a ton of examples of horrid shit. And that's obviously clear as day to me. Any kind of attempt at explaining conspiracies etc as "it's the Jews" is obvious to me.
But i guess for me the kind of antisemitism that's coming from Labour is something I don't really recognise. Probably because most people are too hardwired to assume anything along the nazi rhetoric is the only type you can get.

So okay, in regards to the wreath, didn't he lay one at the same gravesite as one of the munich attack perpetrators? And not actually on it?

Actually scratch all that, just read this article https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ern-corbyn-israel-palestine-antisemitism-ihra
And that honestly seems clear cut to me. Seems there's an extra agenda when it comes to empowering Palestinians.
That's UK politics fucked for a good while yeesh.

There were plenty of people in here who claimed the wreath thing was a lie and then shut up about it once he dropped the press complaint.

That's the general pattern with Corbyn. He has trump like support and can do no wrong in some people's eyes, when the truth is he's had a rather nasty career.

Hence why we have page after page in this thread of 'nothing can be done!' and not a single acknowledgement of this being nonsense as parliament moves to block no deal with no input from beloved Jeremy.

This forum is a terrible place to discuss these things. I just had a 2 week ban for trolling after pointing out antisemitism, when the poster was banned for antisemitism. It's a shit show.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
There were plenty of people in here who claimed the wreath thing was a lie and then shut up about it once he dropped the press complaint.

That's the general pattern with Corbyn. He has trump like support and can do no wrong in some people's eyes, when the truth is he's had a rather nasty career.

Hence why we have page after page in this thread of 'nothing can be done!' and not a single acknowledgement of this being nonsense as parliament moves to block no deal with no input from beloved Jeremy.

This forum is a terrible place to discuss these things. I just had a 2 week ban for trolling after pointing out antisemitism, when the poster was banned for antisemitism. It's a shit show.

Yeah, I totally get that. Admittedly, i was a big supporter of his when he became leader, and on paper he seemed genuinely good, and many of the anti war stuff he did was appealing. I liked his anti nuke views, ending austerity and so forth.
So for me, his view on brexit pretty much sealed it for me that I wanted him out, but i didn't pay enough attention to the antisemitism stuff because i naively assumed that labour or other leftists wouldn't stoop so low to claim anti jewish conspiracies. I thought it was all about Israel and it's treatment of palestine which is absolutely fine to me. But i think that in defending Palestinians, it tends to attract anti jewish sentiment naturally, and it becomes a mess.
I know no leader an be perfect, but if they end up being a massive hypocrite then what's the point?
For the record, I deplore Israel's government, and the whole displacement fiasco, but I know many people in that country are against it, which is what I'd expect. But it's uncomfortable when people see it as an excuse to join in and spread bullshit. It's like looters joining in legit demonstrations I guess.
But yeah this whole thing kinda seals it for me and Corbyn needs to get kicked out.

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, I totally get that. Admittedly, i was a big supporter of his when he became leader, and on paper he seemed genuinely good, and many of the anti war stuff he did was appealing. I liked his anti nuke views, ending austerity and so forth.
So for me, his view on brexit pretty much sealed it for me that I wanted him out, but i didn't pay enough attention to the antisemitism stuff because i naively assumed that labour or other leftists wouldn't stoop so low to claim anti jewish conspiracies. I thought it was all about Israel and it's treatment of palestine which is absolutely fine to me. But i think that in defending Palestinians, it tends to attract anti jewish sentiment naturally, and it becomes a mess.
I know no leader an be perfect, but if they end up being a massive hypocrite then what's the point?
For the record, I deplore Israel's government, and the whole displacement fiasco, but I know many people in that country are against it, which is what I'd expect. But it's uncomfortable when people see it as an excuse to join in and spread bullshit. It's like looters joining in legit demonstrations I guess.
But yeah this whole thing kinda seals it for me and Corbyn needs to get kicked out.

Many people have been on the same journey as you. Corbyn was sold to people as something he wasn't because nobody actually knew who he was or what he believed, he was just offered up as a proper lefty who believes the things YOU do. The truth is the opposite. Brexit is the straw that is breaking the camels back and hopefully we can fuck him off and get someone like Starmer or Lammy in charge.

This myth that Corbyn is the true labour party of the past is also coming undone over time as he demonstrates what he actually believes.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Many people have been on the same journey as you. Corbyn was sold to people as something he wasn't because nobody actually knew who he was or what he believed, he was just offered up as a proper lefty who believes the things YOU do. The truth is the opposite. Brexit is the straw that is breaking the camels back and hopefully we can fuck him off and get someone like Starmer or Lammy in charge.

This myth that Corbyn is the true labour party of the past is also coming undone over time as he demonstrates what he actually believes.
Yup, the fact that most of labour want a people's vote and he's saying know says it all.

I also second Lammy. I like him a lot.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't agree with Corbyn about Brexit but there's nothing wrong with being against the EU from an economic position, a lot have mistakes have been made and the union is only as good as the prevailing politics of the time.

He does represent a long tradition in the Labour Party as he is still an internationalist not a little englander.

Nov 20, 2017
I don't agree with Corbyn about Brexit but there's nothing wrong with being against the EU from an economic position, a lot have mistakes have been made and the union is only as good as the prevailing politics of the time.

He does represent a long tradition in the Labour Party as he is still an internationalist not a little englander.

The only internationalism Corbyn is interested in is supporting dictators who abuse human rights.

He's against the EU, against NATO, loves to whinge about the UN. Basically if you're aren't in the hard left brigade he isn't interested and thinks you're the problem.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The only internationalism Corbyn is interested in is supporting dictators who abuse human rights.

He's against the EU, against NATO, loves to whinge about the UN. Basically if you're aren't in the hard left brigade he isn't interested and thinks you're the problem.

Even on NATO i can partially agree with him, there was a brief window post Soviet collapse to make a change, the west has kinda helped Putin push his nationalism sometimes.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
You posted a ridiculous statement with no evidence of facts, reasoning or logic. At the same time you dismissed the legitimate concerns of huge numbers of people because you find them uncomfortable.

I'm not even saying that he is. But to dismiss everything that's happened and all of his actions in such a flippant, arrogant way is simply dumb. It's a complex issue, not one that you can arrogantly proclaim you know the absolute truth of with no cause at all.

Oct 26, 2017
If huge numbers of people think Corbyn is an anti-semite, then those people are wrong. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he is, just Colonel posting his usual shite. Next week it'll be he's an IRA supporter. He's often shit and I don't agree with his Brexit views at all, but he isn't an anti-semite. He's very vocally pro-Palestinian and a pacifist. He's a fucking peace monger, he's not discriminatory towards Jewish people, this narrative that he is is a complete fiction.

- the only thing I've seen as evidence to claim he is, is the zionists irony statement. That I don't know what the fuck he was on about and I wouldn't defend it, but I still don't think it's a smoking gun.

Last edited:

DryCreek

Oct 25, 2017
If huge numbers of people think Corbyn is an anti-semite, then those people are wrong. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he is, just Colonel posting his usual shite. Next week it'll be he's an IRA supporter. He's often shit and I don't agree with his Brexit views at all, but he isn't an anti-semite. He's very vocally pro-Palestinian and a pacifist. He's a fucking peace monger, he's not discriminatory towards Jewish people, this narrative that he is is a complete fiction.

- the only thing I've seen as evidence to claim he is, is the zionists irony statement. That I don't know what the fuck he was on about and I wouldn't defend it, but I still don't think it's a smoking gun.

if large numbers of people think corbyn is an antisemite, then it is up to corbyn to convince those people that he is not.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
How many people think he's an IRA supporter? Even when the evidence isn't there, people will still refuse to believe it. The papers have done a good job whipping up a frenzy.

Corbyn has said things and did things that bring up valid concerns that he has anti-semetic views. I do agree that the media payed special attention to it and focused on it alot when compared to the Tory party problem with racism but the Jewish community have a valid reason to be concerned about Corbyn.

I don't think Corbyn can do or say anything that will alleviate the Jewish communities fears until he gets into power and shows that there is nothing to be fearful of. If Corbyn gets into power, properly funds the police and hate crime goes down, he can point to that as him being a supporter of the Jewish community and fighter against antisemetism.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jesus. This is going to be double plus shit if he gives them the nod.
The UK Independence Party's Twitter account also expressed support for figures linked to the alt-right '@PrisonPlanet, @not_sargon, (and) @CountDankulaTV'.

The reaction to this series of tweets has been mixed with responses across the internet including bewilderment, confusion, and in some cases support for both PewDiePie and UKIP.

This notice of support from UKIP comes as the battle between PewDiePie, real name Felix Kjellberg, and T-Series, an Indian music label continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.