• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
If Bolsanero can be tamed and brought more into the mainstream then I think the arse kissing by the establishment is just about worth it, the damage the loon could do to the environment is scary enough by itself.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Pictured: One of the most heinous war criminals of the last half century and Bolsonaro

If Bolsanero can be tamed and brought more into the mainstream then I think the arse kissing by the establishment is just about worth it, the damage the loon could do to the environment is scary enough by itself.

Bolsonaro gained power by arresting (read as: throwing in solitary forever in a best case scenario) one of the most successful and popular political figures in the modern world with practically zero evidence through a highly corrupt judiciary. I don't think anybody there cares about or is going to tame Bolsonaro.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Pictured: One of the most heinous war criminals of the last half century and Bolsonaro

Bolsonaro gained power by arresting (read as: throwing in solitary forever in a best case scenario) one of the most successful and popular political figures in the modern world with practically zero evidence through a highly corrupt judiciary. I don't think anybody there cares about or is going to tame Bolsonaro.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not betting on it happening, I'm just hoping it does.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair to her, it's extremely unlikely this was anything to do with her. Ministers aren't sitting down and demanding they hire actors to fake personal accounts like this. It's most likely it was contracted out to an agency, and she was never aware (or indeed, anyone senior was).

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

what a prick
'biggest Latin American hemispheric migration ever — which is an invasion of sorts'.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one poll will no doubt be held up as infallible proof of whatever people want it to mean from now on.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
This one poll will no doubt be held up as infallible proof of whatever people want it to mean from now on.

I think there was one a month back or so that had a bit of big tory lead but wasn't repeated in other polls, perhaps it's a one off, but it wouldn't be surprising after the mess of the last few weeks.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there was one a month back or so that had a bit of big tory lead but wasn't repeated in other polls, perhaps it's a one off, but it wouldn't be surprising after the mess of the last few weeks.
I've said it before but these polls are basically just leave/remain and have very little to do with the actual state of election politics, it's why I don't really care if Labour are ahead or behind week to week. Everyone loves to say things like "this is the worst Tory government ever why aren't Labour 20 points ahead" and it's simply because 52% of the country voted leave and after the collapse of UKIP the Tory party are the only ones they can rely on to push that extreme outcome. It's why they never dip under ~40 (well that and a core vote that wouldn't vote any other way)

Labour have hovered around the ~40 since the last election as everyone projects their brexit anxiety hoping some sort of opposition will emerge to whatever the Tories have going on. Any time there's a sense they might do something they go up a bit but as this shows they can always wildly swing the other way as Labour leavers think they're getting in the way (as is probably the case last week) and/or Labour remain don't think they're doing enough (as is probably the case last week).

What's interesting about that poll that people will no doubt hold it up as an example of remain voters abandoning Labour is if that's the case why didn't the Lib Dems absorb the votes? what does that tell you? It's not remain voters looking at Labour saying "they're not doing enough, I'm voting Tory!" it's leave voters again looking at the only party who are currently guaranteeing we leave. These are the people who would probably pick UKIP if is was still around in the same way it was a few years ago. That's really the one big issue right now, it's all they're really asking.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
If you continue to vote Tory after this shit show you should be euthenised for the sake of future generations. I don't want to defend Labor's shitty Brexit take but they're limited in power by being a minority and having a split remain/leave base. At the same time the Tory alliance has the majority power and they can't help but constantly fuck everything up; this also applies to everything outside of Brexit.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
My little birds in Wokingham tell me that the local party is planning for a June election. Not only that, but Redwood is planning to stand again, despite claiming he wouldn't. Sorry.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if anyone has seriously looked into the financial ties that the prime ministers husband has, and whether the PMs decisions factor into his businesses benefit.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if anyone has seriously looked into the financial ties that the prime ministers husband has, and whether the PMs decisions factor into his businesses benefit.

Establishment stops everything. Finicial advisor isn't he. No doubt has her ear and knows stuff before it goes down. Friends in high places.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Yip.

Meanwhile:

Still a bit of a free-for-all, honestly.

Taken a face value the Opinium poll suggests the Cooper amendment might have pissed everybody off, one way or another. No huge gains for the Lib Dems, UKIP remains at flatliner levels, and the Tories somehow gained a 7 point lead over more can kicking? Wondering if it's Labour leavers displaying more ire than remainers over the MP rebellions.

The Survation polling is more just a giant national shrugging of the shoulders.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Tories seem awfully scared for being "ahead" in the polls.
Pugnacious former minister Mark Francois then piled in, ordering Lewis to "completely deny" he is preparing for a snap election. When Lewis failed to respond, more MPs expressed their frustration.
Tory MPs' ire then turned to Downing Street chief of staff Gavin Barwell, who was criticised by Jackie Doyle-Price (MP for Thurrock, with a majority of just 345) for tweeting out a poll showing the party has a 7-point lead. Doyle-Price made clear Tory MPs fear losing their seats to Labour if an election is called.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/alexwickham/tory-mps-election-whatsapp-panic

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised there's been no mention here of the saga involving Luciana Berger...

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised there's been no mention here of the saga involving Luciana Berger...
I've been following it, I'm quite surprised as well. The behaviour of that CLP is absolutely appalling. It's one of the reasons I'm really concerned about the number of people leaving the Labour party atm, as it removes a moderating influence. It's one of the reasons I'm not leaving despite the leadership's stance on Brexit, I would rather have a voice from the inside than have no effect from the out.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I understand the whole story, is there an article that gives the whole background to the drama?
It's one of the reasons I'm not leaving despite the leadership's stance on Brexit, I would rather have a voice from the inside than have no effect from the out.
Kinda like Brexit and the UK?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

There's two separate issues with her, there's whatever is happening at the local level which seems to be mutual dislike, and then there's the stuff with her being involved in trying to set up some new party with other labour MPs and some Tories.

She definitely gets abused for her background but I don't think that allows her to get away with pissing people off either.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
There's two separate issues with her, there's whatever is happening at the local level which seems to be mutual dislike, and then there's the stuff with her being involved in trying to set up some new party with other labour MPs and some Tories.

She definitely gets abused for her background but I don't think that allows her to get away with pissing people off either.

Chuka has been pissing people off, if it truly was about being against Corbyn, he would be the first to go. Also apparently one of the local party member who signed the letter of no confidence called her a disruptive zionist.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Chuka has been pissing people off, if it truly was about being against Corbyn, he would be the first to go. Also apparently one of the local party member who signed the letter of no confidence called her a disruptive zionist.

I don't think it's just being against Corbyn that's the problem so much as not being able to support the idea of a Labour government etc, but there's antisemitism involved as well. She isn't the only MP to be at odds with their CLP and they should be allowed to drop her for valid reasons.

I wouldn't suspend the clp but I would bring in someone independent or an outside body to review what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.