• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was shocked at the BBC dankula story, glad it got enough backlash for them to pull it.

Saw Ash Sarkar tweeting about him and decided to check the responses and fucking hell, filled to the brim with people insulting her and defending dankula saying it was a joke and he isn't a nazi.

Considering how he went onto take part in panel events with known right wing racists I think we all know that's bullshit. I mean, it's like being accused of being a paedo, denying it and then doing a panel show with garry glitter and Jimmy Savile.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Tommy Robinson decided to turn up outside a journalists house last night

FYI Tommy Robinson is currently an advisor to UKIP leader Gerard Batten

This comes days after Corbyn was punched in the head outside a mosque by a far-right "brexiteer"

Last edited:

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
14 Conservatives members have been suspended today. None are being named.

Muslim Council of Britain: "The scale of Islamophobia at all levels of the Conservative Party is astonishing."

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
You've been dunked on by a fair number of people on this page, mostly for the rampant Islamophobia in the Tory party, and I don't really want to pile on, but I think it needs to be noted that on the same page I post about how the "right to rent" has been ruled racially discriminatory and unlawful - a key part of the hostile environment that was the brainchild of Theresa May and enacted under the Cameron government, and one that overwhelmingly effected people of colour, it takes some fucking gall to make the post you did. Black people who have every right to be here have been made homeless, denied their right to medical care, and even deported to countries they've never been to or haven't been to since they were a child 40+ years ago, and you fucking say this shit.

WINDRUSH. W-I-N-D-R-U-S-H. Have you forgotten so quickly, or did it just not register because the fucking shitty right wing media don't care about racism if it comes from the Tory party?

Fucking call me when the Labour party has done any of the above to a member of the Jewish community or anyone else. "we'd have heard about it about blah blah blah". Fuck outta here.

Lets not forget their treatment of Begum this month, which was entirely about drumming up islamophobia to appear STRONG-ON-TERRORISM

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Today's Times cartoon.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2b90e61c-3f76-11e9-889c-a7e27b96460c.jpg

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yikes. Not sure how you can look at that and not conclude it's racist. Even if you think it's anti-Israel (as the email person replying to the email seems to think) it's still disgusting.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47472902

Two Tory councillors have quit after being accused of sharing Islamophobic posts on social media.

Len Milner and Chris Smith, who sit on East Staffordshire council, "liked" a cartoon posted on Facebook depicting a mock beheading of Labour's Sadiq Khan.

There really needs to be some sort of independent body like the IPCC that can oversee these political parties because it just ain't working

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Man who swore allegiance to Isis jailed for planning London terror attack

4000.jpg

Lewis Ludlow, 27, swore allegiance to Islamic State as he prepared to drive a van through London's shopping district or Madame Tussauds.

The former Royal Mail worker, who called himself "the Eagle" and "the Ghost", researched potential targets around the capital.

He bought a phone under a false name and wrote down his attack plans, which were later found ripped up in a bin. He identified Oxford Street as an ideal spot, writing: "It is expected nearly 100 could be killed in the attack."

Four Lions happening IRL.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

John Barnes did a interview on it were he said it doesn't matter that Amber Rudd said "Coloured people" it all on the context and he felt she did no wrong basically. He said she was brought up in a time were saying coloured was right and saying black was seen as wrong so she isn't wrong. Aka he trash still and why many black people don't like him

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
My dad just spoke to me about the Amber Rudd situation and I want to kill myself. Apparently it's Diane's fault because she's a fucking idiot because he can reference the notorious Police funding interview from over 2 years ago and nothing else. Amber on the other hand did no wrong, it was a simple slip of a tongue, and she was actually trying to defend Diane sincerely. Also he went on about not being bothered if anybody called him honky even though it's never happened and refuses to acknowledge a difference in context because minorities aren't still/haven't been systemically oppressed/targeted thus some slurs carry more weight.

God damn. I don't know what's more blatant virtue signalling than attempting to say you're against bigotry whilst using a slur.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

John Barnes did a interview on it were he said it doesn't matter that Amber Rudd said "Coloured people" it all on the context and he felt she did no wrong basically. He said she was brought up in a time were saying coloured was right and saying black was seen as wrong so she isn't wrong. Aka he trash still and why many black people don't like him

Gobsmacking in 2019? Unfortunately, I can't even say I'm surprised in 2019. We're just going backwards with no signs of stopping.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't really watch TV but this popped up in my recommendations on Youtube.

How the fuck are we at a point where out license fee is going towards platforming inhuman TERFs who deny science that's been extensively researched for decades over trans people? Especially given a lack of acceptance is shown to be the main contributor to trans suicide rates? How is this not a more serious offence than platforming flat earthers or anti-vaxers?

The antisemitic comment to close the show from r the virtue signalling Tory supporter who clearly doesn't give a shit about minorities was the icing on the cake.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains

How the fuck are we at a point where out license fee is going towards platforming inhuman TERFs who deny science that's been extensively researched for decades over trans people? Especially given a lack of acceptance is shown to be the main contributor to trans suicide rates? How is this not a more serious offence than platforming flat earthers or anti-vaxers?

The antisemitic comment to close the show from r the virtue signalling Tory supporter who clearly doesn't give a shit about minorities was the icing on the cake.

Fucking raging. The cunts claiming to be 'Liberal' so they can shit on whoever they want claiming 'free speech' gives them the right. Rowan Ellis did really well despite the host obviously siding with the fucking loony's.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, the Tories are institutionally racist.

Downing Street intervened in the Conservative party's handling of Islamophobia allegations, issuing a private apology after two Tory officials resigned in protest at their complaints being ignored for several months, leaked emails obtained by BuzzFeed News reveal

Last edited:

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Latest on the rumour mill in Wokingham politics is that John Redwood has been reselected despite the local Tories previously committing to deselect. Supposedly smoothed by a £10k "donation" from the man himself.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Anyone here follow @marguretcutting on Twitter? Or followed, as the account has now disappeared and only Google's cache remains. (Edit: and her alt as well.)

Thought this was interesting and bizarre - for a while, someone's been LARPing as a centrist black female RAF veteran with a tragic back story so they could attack Corbyn:

Margaret Cutting – centrist Twitter's favourite swearing grandma – is a fake.

If you're active on UK politics Twitter, you may have noticed an account called Margaret Cutting (@marguretcutting) around recently. She's been doing decent numbers with a mix of "banter granny" jokes and forthright criticism of the Labour party leadership. She has 2600 followers, including some prominent centrist political accounts, who frequently retweet her to their larger audiences. Margaret claims to be a real person – she's very proud of Tweeting under her own name and picture. But the picture is fake, and her backstory is inconsistent.

https://medium.com/@rexbanner123_11...urite-swearing-grandma-is-a-fake-4bc24f7a3f8a

Last edited:

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

That TERF was on QT being homophobic a while ago too (skip to about 8 mins in if the below just plays from the beginning)

What a lovely person!

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Anyone here follow @marguretcutting on Twitter? Or followed, as the account has now disappeared and only Google's cache remains. (Edit: and her alt as well.)

Thought this was interesting and bizarre - for a while, someone's been LARPing as a centrist black female RAF veteran with a tragic back story so they could attack Corbyn:

https://medium.com/@rexbanner123_11...urite-swearing-grandma-is-a-fake-4bc24f7a3f8a
Been following this on twitter over the day. The fake account, who used her supposed ethnicity to repeatedly use racial slurs against black people and argue that she was an authority of racism, was being boosted and retweeted by a lot of the Corbyn hating crowd, and now it's come out that "she" was a fictional character and that's almost certainly the racist alt account of one of them, a fuckload of them are doubling down and raging that "an elderly woman of colour" has been "bullied off twitter by the hard left anti-Semites" and attacking and insulting anyone talking about it.

I mean, anyone who has read my posts knows I think Corbyn is shit. But I genuinely don't understand the mindset that leads you to think that creating a racist fake account that posts racist shit is ok because you can use it to attack Corbyn. I dislike the man and want rid, but that doesn't mean I'm going to lie, smear and generally act like a disgusting, hypocritical, racist shit about it.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
It really doesn't surprise me that some arsehole went to such lengths to attack Jezza, but it's incredibly pathetic to double down when the evidence is clearly against them (I laughed at this, mind.)

Corbyn opponents / "Margaret" sympathisers have mass-reported the Medium article and it's now been suspended, so the author has re-hosted it here (via @AbiWilks):

https://2spicyformedium.wordpress.com/

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
It really doesn't surprise me that some arsehole went to such lengths to attack Jezza, but it's incredibly pathetic to double down when the evidence is clearly against them (I laughed at this, mind.)

Corbyn opponents / "Margaret" sympathisers have mass-reported the Medium article and it's now been suspended, so the author has re-hosted it here (via @AbiWilks):

https://2spicyformedium.wordpress.com/
Aggro centrists are some of the worst people on twitter, and that's saying something. They pretend to be moderate, sensible types who just dislike bullying and anti-Semitism but they act like radicalised extremists, hypocrisy abounds as they have no compunction in behaving in ways they would roundly decry from the left, and are frequently racist, homophobic or sexist in their attacks. But it's all fine because Jeremy Corbyn is the devil or something.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Not surprised at Cable news, they are going to accept it soon, they are done as a party, their message is lost amongst the noise, I would expect to start to see young people start to say 'Lib who'?

Doubly ironic as Clegg like Cameron rode off into the sunset after destroying their parties

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at Cable news, they are going to accept it soon, they are done as a party, their message is lost amongst the noise, I would expect to start to see young people start to say 'Lib who'?

Doubly ironic as Clegg like Cameron rode off into the sunset after destroying their parties

Um, the liberals have been far smaller than this before and come back. That's the cyclic nature of politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.