• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

tenor.gif

May be it's me, but Corbyn appearing at the rally after being denied a visit with Trump stinks of sour grapes

Ah yes, noted truth-teller Donald Trump telling the truth again.

I can see why you'd take him at his word, because he is so noted for absolutely never lying about anything, especially not anything which could paint him in a negative light.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ah yes, noted truth-teller Donald Trump telling the truth again.

I can see why you'd take him at his word, because he is so noted for absolutely never lying about anything, especially not anything which could paint him in a negative light.

It's Corbyn, give him a mic, a stage and an audience of lefties and he just can't say no. I don't think if he'd got the meeting and agreed a peace deal for middle East that he wouldn't have done it.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
BBC saying hundreds of protestors. Says a lot really. 750,000 to welcome a football team. Hundreds to protest trump

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Chukka needs to pack it in and get a real job.

Alternative Left or Right, more to the right, so Alternative Right......

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ. I know it's a terrible tragedy they lost their daughter, but for the love of god what other case has had so much spent on it? Spend a fraction of that maybe on some of the services that might stop young black people dying on our streets?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The parents themselves should say enough is enough, probably hard to do understandably. Still think the whole thing stinks, parents are guilty of something regardless of the botched investigation. Really no point continuing with it, she is long gone, dead either not their fault or it was.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I hope we're all ready for the utter shitshow of the next couple of days when the Brexit party likely get their first MP in Peterborough. There's been no polling so not guaranteed by any means but the Tories are dead in the water and it's just after the Euros and the BXP did really well there. The previous Labour MP going to jail, apparently the new Labour candidate is a bit shit with an anti-Semitism accusation already (liked and commented on some anti-Semitic tweets) and with remainers still pissed at Labour generally the left/centrist vote is going to be split massively I think.

I don't even know who I want to win, because the Greens never will, the Lib Dems are not rehabilitated in my eyes and I'm one of those pissed off remainers and having a shit candidate doesn't help Labour either. I guess either of the last two. It's choosing between venereal diseases but still better than ebola or the bubonic plague that is Tories/BXP.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we're all ready for the utter shitshow of the next couple of days when the Brexit party likely get their first MP in Peterborough. There's been no polling so not guaranteed by any means but the Tories are dead in the water and it's just after the Euros and the BXP did really well there. The previous Labour MP going to jail, apparently the new Labour candidate is a bit shit with an anti-Semitism accusation already (liked and commented on some anti-Semitic tweets) and with remainers still pissed at Labour generally the left/centrist vote is going to be split massively I think.

I don't even know who I want to win, because the Greens never will, the Lib Dems are not rehabilitated in my eyes and I'm one of those pissed off remainers and having a shit candidate doesn't help Labour either. I guess either of the last two. It's choosing between venereal diseases but still better than ebola or the bubonic plague that is Tories/BXP.
Labour were never going to hold it, I think anyone peddling that knows it and they'll have the knives out ready. It's nearly always been a Tory seat except for the first two Blair years and 2017 and even then the majority was a few hundred. Obviously the MP going to jail and brexit in a brexit area are going to massively change things but even without that it would've been tough.

tbh don't think it matters who wins if we're heading to an election anyway. It will legitimise the party I guess because they'll have a real MP (not that they ever had a hard time getting on air)

Last edited:

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't looked into the race itself, but the bookies seem to think that BXP are a dead cert for Peterborough.

It's a by-election in unusual circumstances, right off the back of an EU election which was treated as a proxy second referendum.

I'm not too concerned about them gaining that seat (in the grand scheme of things - and especially as we're likely to have a general this year) and wouldn't view it as a wider indication of public mood in all honesty.

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
I wasn't sure where else to ask this so apologies in advance everyone for going off topic

but does anyone have a meerkat code for the cinemas they could pm me

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I agree it probably doesn't mean much in the scheme of things if the BXP win as predicted, I just don't want to read the hysterical headlines and see Farage's grinning smug fucking face plastered everywhere.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I agree it probably doesn't mean much in the scheme of things if the BXP win as predicted, I just don't want to read the hysterical headlines and see Farage's grinning smug fucking face plastered everywhere.

I was hoping the "NHS on the table" stuff might knock a bit of reality into people, but the tories etc all seemed to have a moment of awareness and quickly shut it down for post brexit discussion.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to figure out what makes you think from my posts that I'd ever vote UKIP? Also i don't live in Peterborough.

Oh, nothing at all. It just struck me that a UKIP vote (well, not an individual vote, but a bit of campaigning) might be an effective tactic to deny Farage a victory and split the crazy vote.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
So Pro-rouging parliament... yeh that will go down well. At a time when the EU treaty's dis-appear we wont have a working parliament to solve the chaos brought on by a no deal Brexit, that is setting us up for a massive constitutional crisis, then there will be riots and shit will hit the fan.

I'm really hoping for a lib dem upset in Peterbrough it just depends on turnout though.

As someone that has to rely on ESA+PiP you can eat my shit Curella Devey. It's a horrible system and during their "assessments" I have to sit there and discuss my inner most private health issues including mental wellbeing to complete stranger who doesn't give a fuck because he has targets to meet. Get Fucked.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Jeremy Hunt again showing why a C needs to replace the H

Mr Hunt said he would also take inspiration from Mr Trump's economic agenda, having met the US president during his state visit this week.

The cabinet minister wants to cut UK corporation tax to 12.5% from the current 19%, bringing it into line with Irish levels.

He said: "Instead of fashionably deriding Trump, we should actually look at the fact that America's GDP growth is double ours."

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot that Peterborough is a thing tonight.

Would be lovely for an upset there

Edit: May just be Sky trying to spin a narrative, but sounds like it might be close - higher turnout than expected.

I'm predicting BXP but closer than anticipated. So doubly disappointing.

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Completely forgot that Peterborough is a thing tonight.

Would be lovely for an upset there

Edit: May just be Sky trying to spin a narrative, but sounds like it might be close - higher turnout than expected.

I'm predicting BXP but closer than anticipated. So doubly disappointing.

The Brexit party saying Labour have wangled the Asian vote to just beat them sounds like unpleasant expectation management to me, but I'd be very happy for it to be true.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
The Brexit party saying Labour have wangled the Asian vote to just beat them sounds like unpleasant expectation management to me, but I'd be very happy for it to be true.

Sky had the exclusive of asking Nigel how it'd gone, to which he said "no idea" very quietly before nipping to the bogs.

Labour activists seeming very happy.

Edit: Andrew Neil being fairly damn heavy with this Tory MP on BBC atm.

What's their new leader to do?

Pushing on with Brexit? No mandate for no deal and time running out.

Normal circumstance would be to take it to the people and try and get a mandate for them to get something through - but political suicide.

lol they're fucked

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
They mentioned there may even be a recount as BP seems to think they may have lost by a few hundred lol.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the Brexit party claiming they were all for immigration from South Asia? The irony is lovely.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
BBC reporting (and by which I mean this very extended edition of This Week) that Labour believe they've won and don't need a recount - and more importantly, Farage has left the count.

lol

lol

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Labour win.

Considering I was seeing odds as high as 1/8 for a BXP victory, that's an upset.

Don't like Labours stance, but I'll count that as a win.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Lab hold! In fact they have increased the majority by 10% compared to 2017. Excellent. 683 overall votes more.

Reports stating momentum activists and Labour campaigning to be the key factor in this win.

Should put a hard brake on BXP plans and send them into a bit of a bitter setback. As I thought, having fucking farages punchable face all over a city harms his party.

It's pretty telling that in a city that voted 61% leave, they lost.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Great news. Somewhat optimistic about upcoming election now that the twat vote will be split between Brexit and Tory.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to keep the nutters out, yes.

The overall picture doesn't look so rosy though. I've crunched the numbers a bit:

Hard Brexit votes (Brexits, Con, UKIP) = 51%. Admittedly a bit down on the referendum result of 61% ish, but still worrisome. Con down by 25 point, Brexit up by 29, so it is Brexit snaffling Con voters - any electoral alliance between them would have swept the board. Lab down 17 points, LibDem up by 9, Green by 1. Suggests a small core of ex-Lab hard brexiteers. Still not clear what the Lab policy is, so hard to read any more into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.