• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
A much as I like his policies though (see the first article), his attitude towards Brexit is becomingly increasingly untenable. I feel like if they actually tried to oust Watson with another leadership election that they will be in for a bit of a shock.

Not over Watson, he's been far too obvious in his scheming, Thornberry being punished would be the weird one(which i don't believe) she has been loyal and more than capable at her job, i could see that really annoying plenty of people on the left, and it would probably be the work of his advisors to make it worse.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
8q7hVdw.jpg

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So Corbyn and his pals want to punish those calling for a second referendum.

Does Corbyn even appreciate what the members want? His going all in with his way or the highway.

Thornberry did nothing wrong in stating the obvious on why Labour performed so badly. Corbyn is totally oblivious to remain voters looking elsewhere.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017

One of the things that has flown a bit under the radar is that a lot of the post 2010 Tory intake cares a lot more about Abortion than previous generations.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't think "women should know their place" was a smart strategy in 2019 but Hunt and Rabb are bringing it back

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The 20 weeks scan in future should give you plenty of time to prepare for the help you won't get from the government if they find anything.
Hopefully the abortion issue stays a strictly minority of conservatives obsession.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Remember that Hunt is supposed to be one of the more sensible Tories in the race, and he's coming out with batshit stuff like this out of nowhere. The cautious, pragmatic, natural party of government ladies and gentlemen.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
we america now

Putting the mental in fundamental Christianity.

Seriously though, the Tory leadership contest is just a race to the bottom to see who can prove themselves the biggest cunt. If it weren't for the public having political memories like goldfish, I'd seriously be wondering what the hell Hunt was thinking coming out with shit like that.

Oct 27, 2017
I am absolutely staggered that we have several MP's happily confessing to committing criminal acts in the media and yet again not a single one will face consequences for their actions (the very same consequences those fuckers drew up). I am pretty fucking sure if I went on National TV and what "hey guys I snorted coke, my bad" I would have the local constabulary banging on my door faster than you can say "Esther McVey is inhuman scum".

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are American conservative donors funding these people or something. I know quite a few are quite friendly with think tanks and stuff. They are selling us out, puppets.

Oct 26, 2017
Rory BS stats on the fly Stewart calls out bullshit. Also in the same paper that just did a massive slice of propaganda for Boris. Good stuff, all normal here.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Rory Stewart is still a Tory, his voting record speaks for itself. He's a nasty piece of work.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I think the fact that I get a positive vibe off of Stewart shows how far the Overton Window has been shifted.

I'm rooting for him because he sounds sane - could you imagine that a few years ago?

Don't be fooled, he is playing the hand he has been dealt, he can not win or even get past first round if he is saying the same as all the others, where make yourself popular with the Tory remainers means he will get to second round and score a job in cabinet.

It is as simple as that.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jess Phillips says Leadsom is great for womans rights.....
Ffs, she seemed like she was alright at first but everything about her recently screams bullshitting narcissist.

Maybe her BBC show announcement has gone to her head and she believes she can be leader and now we are seeing that she is just another lying politician who will say and cosy up to whoever they need to for political gain.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

It's not going to do shit. It'll be dismissed as the usual suspects griping and briefing again.

And in fairness, all the journos reporting it are casting Marie Rimmer as a previous strong ally of Corbyn when she backed Owen Smith for leader so not exactly the unvarnished truth.

More significant is Lloyd Russell-Moyle, who is a strong supporter of Corbyn's making some light criticism.

Last edited:

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to do shit. It'll be dismissed as the usual suspects griping and briefing again.
the problem is it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf. These problems need to be addressed but they're wrapped up in so much baggage and bitterness people just tune out. The PLP have frankly been useless and ineffective and it's their own fault because they don't pick their battles.

I have no doubt many were actually gutted Labour won in Peterborough the other day. That's a bad place to be.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
the problem is it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf. These problems need to be addressed but they're wrapped up in so much baggage and bitterness people just tune out. The PLP have frankly been useless and ineffective and it's their own fault because they don't pick their battles.

They started fighting Corbyn before he did anything to fight, all the senior MPs running for the hills to set up for war is one the dumbest moves they could have done.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

I have no doubt many were actually gutted Labour won in Peterborough the other day. That's a bad place to be.
They started fighting Corbyn before he did anything to fight, all the senior MPs running for the hills to set up for war is one the dumbest moves they could have done.
I absolutely agree with both these posts. Part of the PLP went to war with Corbyn as soon as he was elected, so horrified were they at the idea of a leftist in charge. Bitching, leaking, briefing against him before he'd even done anything in an attempt to drive him out of office immediately. It created a bunker mentality in his office and his supporters as they were being attacked unfairly on a lot of stuff.

As a result, even when criticisms are accurate and there's real issues like Karie Murphy protecting Pete Willsman and David Prescott or the atrocious mixed messaging and waffle on Brexit it routinely gets ignored by his supporters because of all the unfair bullshit. Corbyn had a genuinely rough first year with unforced errors all over the shop because him and his team were utterly unprepared for the leadership role. He may well have fallen early if he'd been left to his own devices. Instead, the malcontents spent so much time and energy trying to bring him down prematurely they made him untouchable. Fucking morons.

There's a reason why my avatar is Mercutio from Romeo & Juliet. A plague on both their houses. Corbyn for being an incompetent fence-sitting fuckwit and the PLP "moderates" for being a useless bunch of careerist, stuck-in-the-past incompetent wreckers.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I absolutely agree with both these posts. Part of the PLP went to war with Corbyn as soon as he was elected, so horrified were they at the idea of a leftist in charge. Bitching, leaking, briefing against him before he'd even done anything in an attempt to drive him out of office immediately. It created a bunker mentality in his office and his supporters as they were being attacked unfairly on a lot of stuff.

As a result, even when criticisms are accurate and there's real issues like Karie Murphy protecting Pete Willsman and David Prescott or the atrocious mixed messaging and waffle on Brexit it routinely gets ignored by his supporters because of all the unfair bullshit. Corbyn had a genuinely rough first year with unforced errors all over the shop because him and his team were utterly unprepared for the leadership role. He may well have fallen early if he'd been left to his own devices. Instead, the malcontents spent so much time and energy trying to bring him down prematurely they made him untouchable. Fucking morons.

There's a reason why my avatar is Mercutio from Romeo & Juliet. A plague on both their houses. Corbyn for being an incompetent fence-sitting fuckwit and the PLP "moderates" for being a useless bunch of careerist, stuck-in-the-past incompetent wreckers.

i thought he would be a good thing for the party even if he ended up failing, i foolishly thought there was a long overdue conversation all the party needed about what it stood for and wanted to do, instead it's just the old war carrying on as if 30 years didn't pass in the meantime. as you say everyone is in a bunker now, history will repeat and the right will somehow get back control when everyone is exhausted and nothing will have been learnt.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
i thought he would be a good thing for the party even if he ended up failing, i foolishly thought there was a long overdue conversation all the party needed about what it stood for and wanted to do, instead it's just the old war carrying on as if 30 years didn't pass in the meantime. as you say everyone is in a bunker now, history will repeat and the right will somehow get back control when everyone is exhausted and nothing will have been learnt.
Fundamentally I think his election was a good thing. Tony Blair may have won 3 elections by triangulation but that strategy has limits and it also shifted the conversation rightwards, and the election of someone on the traditional left has done a tremendous job of shifting the overton window back. Unfortunately, the Corbyn project has run its course. His approval ratings are, depending on which poll you use, are between -40 and -50. Labour itself are polling not particularly well. Even if he scrapes a general election victory thanks to the right wing vote splitting, it will be a weak, possibly minority, government led by a deeply unpopular man. This is not a recipe for a successful left-wing rebalancing of the country.

In my ideal world (so never going to happen), he'd step down and be replaced by someone generally of his politics but without the baggage and with a better Brexit policy.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Obviously the PLP are kicking off again...
Tories in the middle of a bloody fight, ripping eachother apart, so they obviously need to tell everyone that Labour are a mess as well.
You honestly couldn't make it up

Status
Not open for further replies.