• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop and search being ramped up in London, guess I will have to get ready to be stopped 50 more times a year.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You changed your mind

Yes

The other way though

/screams

Shame this sort of questioning doesn't see the light of day on the main news.

Theonik

Oct 25, 2017
That's one of those things I agree they should stop taxing, change the law and actually dump money into just to do it. Properly wiring the country should be seen as an essential service.
Getting rid of taxes on what is a commercial enterprise isn't helping anyone. As an incentive it is because it's only proportional on profits anyway.

There's a good bit near the end of that where it makes sense to use a mix of wired and 5G solutions for remotely located homes. Doesn't make sense to dig up the country for one farmer in the middle of nowherewhrn a 5G connection does the job
5G has really poor range and occludes really easily so is ill suited for rural installation. Where 5G ultimately shines and what it is ultimately designed for is high density urban installations where 4G falls over like Waterloo during rush hour.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Hello, I'm new on this thread. I'm French but I'm also following worldwide politics, in particular UK and US.

I may lack a few tools to understand everything and ask a few dumb questions, but I hope I'll be able to offer an interesting external view on things !

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I'm new on this thread. I'm French but I'm also following worldwide politics, in particular UK and US.

I may lack a few tools to understand everything and ask a few dumb questions, but I hope I'll be able to offer an interesting external view on things !
Short version: c'est la merde et on va tous mourir.
Long version: same, but delayed by a few more months.

Oct 28, 2017
Upside down

giphy.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sad thing is, the news cycle already delivered the fake news, will probably not mention this in the evening news, job done.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Surely she could appeal that as she will no doubt have records highlighting the miscarriage? Granted it should never happen in the first place.

They do this first because there's a chance someone will just drop out when they see the effort involved.

It's suppression via overly complicated bureaucracy. It's everywhere in the benefits system. As silentg noted, even to the point of writing style. it's all designed to be as confusing as possible so that trying to decipher the mess is a bigger effort than it should be and detracts people from doing it.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Surely she could appeal that as she will no doubt have records highlighting the miscarriage? Granted it should never happen in the first place.

No doubt the social media backlash will end up helping this one lady. At the same time there will be countless others screwed over by the calamity that is Universal Credit who suffer in silence and abject poverty.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt the social media backlash will end up helping this one lady. At the same time there will be countless others screwed over by the calamity that is Universal Credit who suffer in silence and abject poverty.
That letter is two years old, shes already suffered through the consequences of it.

It's fucking sickening

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
The way the moral onus is put on the citizen is gross.

'We the civilised ask you to jump through our hoops, and if you don't it's because you're a waste of life'.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

I had a friend who had 6 months sanctioned over missing an appointment that he actually went to and had signed written proof that he was there. They refused to pay him after the period, too citing that same fucking appointment.

Took 2 and a half years for it to even go before a judge and even then the "honourable" gentlemen was reluctant to even have that first 6 months paid up. would not hear about the rest or direct the UC bastards to pay him any sort of compensation considering it put him out of home and into poverty for a while. All of it over an appointment he had proof of attending.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Any Labour MP who would vote to prop up a Tory government should have the whip withdrawn and be deselected.

I have really come to despise Jess Phillips.

Ever since the announcement of her BBC doc on her life she has been blatant about how self serving she is and everything i hear now form her is terrible.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair she only came onto my radar a tiny amount before that point, one of those faces you see about but doesnt make much of an impression or get as much coverage.
She a typical white "feminist", only cares about white women as well as herself. Woc hate her, specially aftershe attacked Abbott and didn't apologise. She is trash

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
tbf she is just an identikit privileged white woman, so easily done.
She a typical white "feminist", only cares about white women as well as herself. Woc hate her, specially aftershe attacked Abbott and didn't apologise. She is trash
Yeah that is the impression that I have of her now and do remember the Abbott stuff now you mention it. Any time someone attacks Abbott it just tells me they are a POS because thats the only way you can justify any for of hatred for her.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to troll some "we all voted for no deal" Brexiteer twats, just state that you're a leaver but that you voted to leave in 20 years time after you've sorted your mortgage and had all your kids.

When the twats try to tell you that we voted to leave on "x" date, just deride their "Liberal elite condescension" and state that you knew exactly what you were voting for and how dare they tell you that you voted for something else.

That will be the exact moment where their argument that it doesn't matter what circumstamces any Brexiteer actually promised or campaigned on because the ballot paper simply stated "leave" and we voted to leave, SHOULD die.

It obviously won't, but you can just stop talking at that point and watch all the mental gymnastics turn them into (even bigger) hypocritical idiots.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Boris Johnson has said he hopes the EU will "show common sense" and agree a new Brexit deal, as No 10 refused to rule out scheduling an election in the first days after leaving the EU on 31 October if Johnson loses a confidence motion.

The prime minister said he still hoped to broker a compromise with the EU, days after it was reported Brussels officials now believed the UK was heading full tilt toward crashing out without a deal with no serious efforts being made to renegotiate.

"I'm sure there is compromise to be found and as we've made clear, the backstop just doesn't work for a proud democracy like the UK," Johnson told the BBC. "We don't want to go down that route. But there's every possibility for the EU to show flexibility. There's bags of time for them to do it and I'm confident they will."

Whats his plan for this, I mean if anything the EU have been playing fair all along....

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Boris is off his fucking tits, it's a game of bluff he still thinks he is going to win(but everyone can see nobody else is playing).
I can't believe the collection of nutters in the cabinet and this PM is happening together with a load of loony advisors that would be at home in the GOP are running the country.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Boris is off his fucking tits, it's a game of bluff he still thinks he is going to win(but everyone can see nobody else is playing).
I can't believe the collection of nutters in the cabinet and this PM is happening together with a load of loony advisors that would be at home in the GOP are running the country.

Even if it does work, this scorched earth strategy will piss literally everyone off - and when it comes to D+1... Well, good luck getting any major domestic or foreign policy off the ground.

Britain will be seen as an untrustworthy actor abroad for decades regardless of who sits in Number 10.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Even if it does work, this scorched earth strategy will piss literally everyone off - and when it comes to D+1... Well, good luck getting any major domestic or foreign policy off the ground.

Britain will be seen as an untrustworthy actor abroad for decades regardless of who sits in Number 10.

The whole thing is just barmy, we all know Boris doesn't even really believe in brexit either, so he must either be playing chicken or he intends to fuck off out of the country after his time is up. Cummings is a really committed maniac so i'm going with option b for now.

Boris isn't stupid enough to believe the 2nd rate motivational stuff he's spewing about this proud democracy and we can do it if we believe hard enough etc.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Jess Phillips seems to have been taken completely out of context here. Her initial comment was saying she wouldn't vote for an October 31st date if it was proposed by Boris Johnson to gamify things and force no deal. She was then asked if she'd approve if the proposed date was before October 31st and she said no, because she doesn't believe that would stop No Deal from happening either.

She wasn't talking about a vote of no confidence.

She seems to be pro govt of national unity to prevent No Deal. Once that's done, I see zero reason that she'd be against another election.

I'm not seeing anything remotely egregious here on her part, but I am seeing a clear attempt to try and paint her as being for something she plainly isn't.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Whats his plan for this, I mean if anything the EU have been playing fair all along....

He has no fucking plan, his wafer thin policy announcement (s) so far show this gov has the same foresight as the last one, none. We have got conflicting reports about full bore no deal lunacy and then gen elections breifing, then bs about tax cuts for the rich, mixed in with unicorn spending plans. The cabinet is already in chaos and we haven't even hit the first bump in the road to stopping no deal.

The dyed in the wool fucking idiots that staff the cabinet are missing the forest from the trees. They could win a majority seats parliament with a soft brexit deal. They could easily ram through a soft brexit deal through the HoC. But, like I thought, this is just BoJo playing pm and having fun until it gets too difficult and he fucks it off to his cabinet to lose it all in a GE.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, does it mean 43% of UK adults don't earn enough to pay taxes? As in, unemployment, poverty (or super optimized tax haven)?

Status
Not open for further replies.