• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
From UK PSN pre-order page - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-CUSA13801_00-SEKIROPRE0000001

Not only the game is more expensive that normal AAA releases, it also says "In-game purchases optional" in description.

Wtf? What kind of iaps can SP-only game have? Why should there be any at all? Are you ok with that?

For me it's literally deal breaker - I wanted to buy the game after seeing those gameplay videos, but if publisher is THAT greedy, thanks, I'll play something else.

P.s. Xbox and Steam pages have no information about iaps, could it be some kind of standart text that hasn't been removed from description on PSN?

Edit: Confirmed to be error, phew - https://www.resetera.com/threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-will-not-have-microtransactions.64756/

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Hmm actually I'm wondering if it'll be available on battlenet, if so I've got a bunch of credits doing nothing I can use.

On topic, perhaps they are referring to dlc expansions just like the old souls games?

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I would wait for confirmation. Hopefully just a mistake since it's only on UK store page.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
What if it's just decorative/cosmetic stuff.

"In-game purchases optional"
It could literally be anything. It's a bit silly to overreact this early.

Last edited:

Res

Oct 25, 2017
It might be better to wait for confirmation. As you mentioned, the text is absent on Xbox and steam pages

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Actually it is a good idea. You are given two lives for default, but if you die for the third time you are given a chance to use a "extra life" which can be bought from MT Shop

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Yeah I figured Activision would have stuck their fingers in the games development after seeing how much info the UI gives you. Hopefully it's just normal dlc but I wouldn't be surprised.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, that's what happens when you publish with Activision. Still gonna get it though 'cuz FromSoft and Miyagodki.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
It's Activision. Of course it fucking has microtransactions.

Pretty much.

It's probably not even that big a deal (they're orobably power ups to make the game easier, instant money, etc), but with Activision publishing I just automatically expected some sort of bullshit. Destiny pretty much proved it really doesn't matter how good the studio or the game itself is. Greed is just the Activision way.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So no different weapons and armor unless you pay actual money for it. Cool. Lets hope this is just DLC.

Fiddler

Oct 27, 2017
Let's wait and see for now, i think this could also mean Dlc which is clear is gonna come anyway.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I love Miyazaki and his work but nope I ain't buying if there are microtransactions (exception is cosmetics).

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're jumping the gun here. It doesn't say that in the Canada or USA store description.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Is this like that embarrassing Dragon Ball FighterZ thread? Lots of non-existent pre-orders being cancelled.