• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brawlz

Banned
May 18, 2018
Comparatively, the Switch has a lower install base Vs the 3DS, so it makes coherent sense why the numbers are lower.

Doesn't mean these numbers are mediocre at all. Game will pick up more speed as we get closer to the holidays, and beyond, just like most ever-green Nintendo titles.

Nov 15, 2018
Seeing the numbers be that much lower than Sun and Moon makes me think the Pokemon GO audience isn't too interested in buying this (they were the main target for this game).

Either that or just a ton of pokemon fans left as a lot of GO players joined.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Pikachu ver. was the best selling one by a notable amount.
DsUJRhLVAAANsBV.jpg%3Alarge

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing the numbers be that much lower than Sun and Moon makes me think the Pokemon GO audience isn't too interested in buying this (they were the main target for this game).

Either that or just a ton of pokemon fans left as a lot of GO players joined.

You forgetting the huge difference in install base of the 3DS and Switch.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course it would be selling less than a game on a handheld with an established base. The fact that it's selling this much is still fairly great for the Switch.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (No.9) sales increased 94 per cent, Super Mario Party (No.18) sales were up 25 per cent, Super Mario Odyssey (no.19) rose 30 per cent (No.19) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (No.28) saw a 52 per cent sales spike.

holy sheet

Evergreens doing the work. At full price as well which is the real plus.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I think it sold more than X/Y the digital sales on the Switch ks much bigger.

That fact that there are suply issues, makes digital sales even stronger.

I would easily add 15% in those numbers, taking the total sales to 140k.

doragon

Oct 27, 2017
[Week 21, 2009] POKÉMON PLATINUM (NINTENDO) - 59,000 / NEW
[Week 12, 2010] POKÉMON HEARTGOLD / SOULSILVER (NINTENDO) - 90,000 / NEW
[Week 09, 2011] POKÉMON BLACK / WHITE (NINTENDO) ~ 125,000 - 144,000 / NEW
[Week 41, 2012] POKÉMON BLACK 2 / WHITE 2 (NINTENDO) - 62,000 / NEW
[Week 41, 2013] POKÉMON X / Y (NINTENDO) - 124,000 / NEW
[Week 48, 2014] POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY / ALPHA SAPPHIRE (NINTENDO) - 145,000 / NEW
[Week 47, 2016] POKÉMON SUN / MOON (NINTENDO) - 290,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2017] POKÉMON ULTRA SUN / ULTRA MOON (NINTENDO) - 78,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2018] POKEMON LET'S GO, PIKACHU! +POKEMON LET'S GO, EEVEE! (NINTENDO) - 116,000 / NEW
Do you have LTD sales?

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
The 3ds install base was less than half the DS plus the 3ds was backwards compatible yet XY and SM outsold BW.

But anyways the GO players probably aren't rushing out to buy a switch for Let's GO, not in large numbers.
Did you miss the part where the rest of the switch games had a significant boost?

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
I've put a ton of time into Let's go, haven't played pokemon like this since X and Y. Sadly, bought both sun and omega day one, never played them. I thought I was over pokemon, I'm super casual though... weird as I cant stop trying to do catch combos in lets go

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The question to me isn't really about the units, but how many Switches did it move? Not just the UK but worldwide. That's good though.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I've put a ton of time into Let's go, haven't played pokemon like this since X and Y. Sadly, bought both sun and omega day one, never played them. I thought I was over pokemon, I'm super casual though... weird as I cant stop trying to do catch combos in lets go
You should give Sun a chance. It has a charming region, lovable characters, a pretty good story and an amazing selection of new Pokémon.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Without digital sales these numbers are not that meaningful imo....

I think the switch has a much bigger digital share than older Nintendo consoles

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Gamefreak will find this an acceptable level of effort going forward: they can just reuse everything and sell only slightly fewer copies at a higher price with a separately sold peripheral.

Let's Go 2 Kanto, again: Coming Holiday 2020

lol, the salt is absurd.

The silliest thing is that despite all this complaining, the purists will be eating out of GF's hands as soon as they reveal Gen 8 next year.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Thread title makes it sound like a disappointing result, but when compared to the majority of Pokemon games, it's actually doing great. Especially for a spin off or some sort.

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
Alright since XY seems to be the main point of comparison I searched back for some of the sales data we had for it.

4M WW in its first weekend
2M first week in japan
1M first day in the US, 1.7M first NPD month, 2M in 4 weeks

Compared to BW:
2.5M first week in japan
1.08M first day in US, 2.5M first NPD month
3M US and Europe combined first 2 weeks

And I'm quite sure BW had the best debut in the series back then everywhere it launched. I couldn't find any PAL data besides what was already posted in this thread, but I don't know how anyone can look at these figures and say XY had a low start. If LG comes close to these figures anywhere its already an achievement

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
God, yes please. I want to see Johto in 3D. Goldenrod, Ecruteak, Mt. Silver,

gen 2-era Kanto...

It's all I want.

Oh yeah included kanto as post game for sure Johto is my favourite Pokemon region favourite Pokemon favourite everything :)

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Ugh. Sun and Moon does not deserve those numbers at all. I'm just going to assume it was only related to the high number of 3DS out in the wild.