• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
That's great. I really need to pick it up. But I can wait, should play through my backlog. :lol

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Deserved. Hope this sells really well. The game deserves it and more importantly, BluePoint deserves it.

Oct 25, 2017
That's fantastic to hear! Happy for Bluepoint and everyone like me getting to experience the game for the first time in such a spectacular fashion.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been expecting this to do quite a bit better than the original saleswise due to the fact that the game is known more widely now, this release is fantastic in many many ways (like visuals and framerate), this got marketed as an important title, and there are lots of people that have missed out on the game for one reason or another that are now PS4 owners, and last but not least, it's a $40 title.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Very well deserved, finally got to play it thanks to this remake and it quickly became one of my GOAT.

Do we have the originals debut numbers ?

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
yup...i'm seeing quite abit of streamers that missed out on the PS2 original and PS3 remaster for whatever reason playing this game on their channel.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved. It's absolutely fantastic.

A game that everyone should experience at least once IMO and this is by far the best way to do it.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Team Ico (I guess gen design now)/Fumito Ueda get any compensation for this? Or does Sony own the rights to the game?

EXPBonus

Oct 30, 2017
Man, it's so good to see all these great videogames doing well, feels like a damn good time to be a part of the gaming community!

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
A masterpiece, one of the greatest games ever, is selling well?

sdfas0is3t.png

Anyone know if Team Ico (I guess gen design now)/Fumito Ueda get any compensation for this? Or does Sony own the rights to the game?
It's a Sony game. It was always a Sony game, developed by Sony (developer of the remake = Bluepoint Games..... for Sony).

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Great news. It's a fantastic remastering and is well deserving of it's success. Hopefully it means that other publishers are open to the possibility of doing 'proper' remasters of classic titles rather than just the usual boost to resolution and frame rate.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Good, good. I've yet to buy it, but I will soon. Can't wait to jump in, would love to see this bad boy sell like hotcakes.

Palculator

Oct 24, 2017
Germany
Well deserved, but do we know how this compares to the HD Collection on PS3? The game didn't launch with a great reputation on PS2, whereas both PS3 Remaster and PS4 Remake did.

Oct 27, 2017
"It is the 8th different Sony-format exclusive to reach No1 so far this year."

Uh, is this a typo? Aren't we only about 6 weeks into the year?!

Black Duke

Dec 2, 2017
IMHO Shadow of the Colossus has the potential to be a prolific IP for Sony...I know getting a sequel right is hard, but I'd be down for some more SotC.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hecking yessing. Need more titles like this in the industry. Wonder how it has performed across the pond.

It's a Sony game. It was always a Sony game, developed by Sony (developer of the remake = Bluepoint Games..... for Sony).

Sony owns the IP, and the game was developed while Fumito Ueda was employed as a staff of Japan Studio, so unlikely.

IIRC it was confirmed Ueda had at least some conversations with Bluepoint. Chances are he got paid some consulting fee stuff, if nothing else.

Regardless, if it performs so well critically and commercially and his name is still on it as creative director, it's a huge win for him. Shows that his designs are timeless.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Considering that there was a lot of production and design done for a Shadow of the Colossus 2 with multiplayer done back in the day (and parked due to hardware limitations), I wouldn't be surprised if they went on to create that game with this engine. I'd love that.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
This makes me so damn happy. One of the GOAT games. Congratulations Bluepoint and thank you for polishing this masterpiece up for new audiences!

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Square-Enix's pricing strategy for smaller retail games continues to fail. Twice with the same game!