• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...pider-man-is-fastest-selling-game-of-the-year
PS4 exclusive Spider-Man is the fastest-selling game of 2018 so far.

It narrowly beat previous record-holder Far Cry 5 (which was available on more platforms), and sold almost double that of the previous biggest exclusive of the year - God of War on PS4.

Not only that, but it's the fastest-selling Marvel-branded game in history, beating previous title LEGO Marvel Super Heroes by a big margin.

It's also the fastest selling individual format game since the PS4 version of Call of Duty: WWII in November last year. Spider-Man is the latest in a long-line of hit PS4 exclusive single-player games.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Aug 26, 2018
"Sold almost double that of the previous biggest exclusive of the year - God of War"

Wow, this is the real news!

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
Never in doubt. An IP that big and a quality developer, it was always going to light up.

Congrats Sony and Insomniac, loving the game so far!

Nov 14, 2017
Insane, Sony is absolutely killing with the exclusives, in my country (in europe), there's ads for spider-man constantly on almost every channel, and posters everywhere.

They really went all out with the marketing and it's paying off. I can't remember another game with this kind of marketing in recent years in here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
GoW's opening wasn't quite as impressive in the UK as it was in the US. This is still an impressive feat and likely means Spider-Man is going be fucking huge WW.

Wonder how long till we get some PR?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Spider-Man isn't nearly as iconic and popular as Kratos, quite impressive that it sold that much.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Not only that, but it's the fastest-selling Marvel-branded game in history, beating previous title LEGO Marvel Super Heroes by a big margin.

Wow, that Lego Marvel Super Heroes record. Who knew Spider-Man had any chance of beating that?

Spider-Man isn't nearly as iconic and popular as Kratos, quite impressive that it sold that much.

I'm putting this in the Niche-Man pile.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
More than double God of War.

But no, apparently Spider-Man is niche and everyone thought I was crazy when I said it'd outsell God of War over the course of its lifetime.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
nice, always happy too see a well-realized single player game do well.

i have zero interest in anything Spiderman, but man i want to swing around that beautiful virtual city they created...

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm not really surprised, I'm seeing tons of people who didn't have a PS4 getting one this week for the game.

I'm curious to see how many console units Spider-Man is gonna move come the next quarter report.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Deserves every sale. What a fantastic game so far. :P