• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It mostly shows how poorly it sold the first 7 months this year

Rise is due to good software and good deals which is well deserved

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just to make a quick point about the Wii, I believed it launched at £179. Obviously that means that the Switch launched £100 more expensive. I think that has to be taken into account when talking about sales numbers.

The Switch will be close (if not already) to beating most other Nintendo home consoles LTD by now.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I still firmly believe that UK retail missed a trick with the Switch this Black Friday/ Christmas. GAME, Argos, Smyths Toys, Tesco... they all should have put Switch with Pokemon on their shelves at £250. That would have flown out the door so fast. Instead, they went with Switch and Pokemon and Mario Kart for £300 (or similar) and that just didn't land as well.

That family/mass market audience that Nintendo are clearly going after with the likes of Pokemon Let's Go and Labo are really price sensitive... they're price sensitive at the best of times, they're even more price sensitive at the moment. Give them a £250 deal, and they'll give their nagging children a Switch. Funny thing is... they'll go out and buy another game separately. It's just the laying down of £300 big ones up front... Like I said. A missed opportunity if you ask me (although I agree the results are really great, I just believe they could have been even bigger!)