• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
From the PAL thread

There is also another new entry in the Top 10 - Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. The game debuts at No.9. 49 per cent of sales were for the Nintendo Switch version, 43 per cent on PS4 and the rest coming on Xbox One.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-mario-bros-u-deluxe-takes-no-1-in-quiet-week

The game's first week was 40% higher than the first week of the original on 360.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition made it to the Top Ten, debuting at No.9. Sales were up 40.7 per cent compared to launch sales of the original 2009 title, though it only launched on one platform (Xbox 360) back then, against three platforms this time around (PS4, XO, Switch).

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/new-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-debuts-at-top-of-the-charts

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well the series did starts on SNES, anyway I never thought this would happen in the UK.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
More impressive given it was released on the same day as New Super Mario Bros Deluxe

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how word of mouth is spreading for the game on Switch. I have a couple friends that are pc gamers primarily that have a Switch as well and they ended up buying it on Switch this week after I raved about it. It's a great game to play handheld.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
How many more example we need to show that - THIS time - 3rd party games on the Switch CAN sell. So can we get a proper support from the like of Capcom, Bandai Namco, Sega and co ?

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Beating the initial sales of a mid-budget AA JRPG on an Xbox console isn't as impressive as it sounds.
But that's still a nice amount of money.

Oct 25, 2017
40% of the original game on 3 platforms isn't great, but fair enough.
Surprised about the percentages, was announced as an Xbox One game

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the series did starts on SNES, anyway I never thought this would happen in the UK.
Almost everything sells on Switch.

The software attach-rate is hog-bonkers

You're going to see a lot more 3rd party announcements/releases over the next two years. Development takes time but those pubs have seen the numbers.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying for years that Tales should be multiplatform as the titles seem to perform better on Sony consoles in Japan, but better on Nintendo platforms in the West. By having the game be multiplatform, you can take advantage of both user bases. I wonder if the departure of Baba allowed for Tales games to be multiplatform as he was pretty adamant about keeping the series (at least new entries in the main series) tied to Sony consoles.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
How many more example we need to show that - THIS time - 3rd party games on the Switch CAN sell. So can we get a proper support from the like of Capcom, Bandai Namco, Sega and co ?
Please beg for the games you want, instead!

Seriously, though, we are seeing better support with MK11 and Crash Team Racing having been announced, and also the DB Heroes game (and the FF games and the other ports). It's going to be better still, I think.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Surprising that the Switch version outsold the PS4 version. Not like there is a lot of competition right now.........

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
For God's sake, I would happily buy all the last gen Tales games again on Switch, even uneven stuff like Xillia and Zestiria.

Do your job BN.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
This is awesome news for the series and the PS4 and Switch particularly.

Is performance generally good on Switch? I'm pondering which console to get it on.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Is +40% really that great when you consider it's a JRPG that was previously exclusive to Xbox 360 now being released on Switch, PC, Xbox One & PS4? I guess that any sales of a Remaster that are above the ones of the original would be considered a success but do we think that this is in line with what Namco was expecting?

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Switch is really making nintendo relevant in the UK once again. Awesome to see

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why you're surprised lol
really? I actually thought it would be the best selling SKU.

Yeah i thought people on ps4 were saving up for bigger games this month.

A surprisingly high amount for a series that has been Sony exclusive for the last decade and on the best selling platform in the region?
Its a port of a middle tier 10 year old jrpg vs games like kh3,re2, ac7 releasing this month.
I didnt expect it to sell well at all

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew the Switch version would sell the most despite it been the worse version technically (Framerates and no AA) but I didn't expect the XB1 version to do that bad.