• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Capture_decran_2023-03-06_a_12.43.09.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Capture_decran_2023-03-06_a_13.01.08.png

Capture_decran_2023-03-06_a_12.58.46.png

Capture_decran_2023-03-06_a_12.58.06.png

Capture_decran_2023-03-06_a_12.47.06.png

Buuugy

Apr 22, 2019
So GoW:R and Horizon FW PS5 bundle are officially counted in physical sales.

But some people said bundle have not impact on PS5 first party sales (with Horizon FW)...

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Forbidden West sellng half a million in UK alone seems huge to me.

Liquid

Banned
Sep 13, 2021

But some people said bundle have not impact on PS5 first party sales (with Horizon FW)...

Who said they aren't? People only said it wasn't the majority. There's no need to downplay bundles, most people who buys these consoles would buy these games anyway.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Is that £4.6billion on retailers selling digital software?

I don't understand the first header, just because it also mentions physical?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
PC being 0% of the physical games market but 50% (at least) of the digital market is hilarious and entirely unsurprising.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
MS Store & Nintendo E-Shop being neck/neck is kind of surprising to me.

Not sure what I expected, but not that they're that close, that's for sure.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Forbidden West sellng half a million in UK alone seems huge to me.
It's not even that far away from God of War. Very nice, this forum likes to shit on and downplay Horizon a lot. Good to see it is (probably) doing well so that we will most likely get a third game (afaik it was planned as a trilogy anyway).

Oct 30, 2017

We have known this.

What people have been saying is that the bundles aren't the majority of these games sold. So when these games continue to chart month after month, it's not because consumers are forced to buy bundles in order to gain access to the PS5 platform.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Actually kind of surprised at Horizon's sales, expected it to be lower (around where GT7 is)

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
There is a "game" missing in the title.

But thank your for sharing, very interesting data, that makes me wish again Nintendo would share digital sales with these companies.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Those Bethesda games on the PC download to own charts are just incredible. Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and Fallout 4 are so old and something like New Vegas hasn't gotten new versions, like with Skyrim or GTAV. It's still the original 2010 release that just keeps selling 13 years later. Truly generational games.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
physical Media is toast in the UK.
The fact that there are far more digital only games because of all the indie games etc is skewing this number. I'd like to see a physical/digital sales comparison for games that are available for both.

Ain't nobody got time here to be buying physical media and putting discs in disc drives.
Speak for yourself. Putting a disc in takes 10 seconds max of my time, totally not an issue.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Does EGS not charting mean it has less market share than origin? (which not too long ago gave up and returned to steam)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
PC being 0% of the physical games market but 50% (at least) of the digital market is hilarious and entirely unsurprising.

This makes me wonder when physical vanished for pc and what was the last game to be printed.
I don't recall seeing a pc game in store since the early 2000s.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
We have known this.

What people have been saying is that the bundles aren't the majority of these games sold. So when these games continue to chart month after month, it's not because consumers are forced to buy bundles in order to gain access to the PS5 platform.
Given the low/lower digital ratios on them (H2, GOWR, GT7), bundles likely are accounting for a pretty high proportion going by these figures.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
The UK market has always been biased towards convenience, and this is another example. Ain't nobody got time here to be buying physical media and putting discs in disc drives.
I wonder if space is an issue too? Our houses and flats being pretty small means less space to store stuff, might account for more people going digital.

Tigerfish419

Banned
Oct 28, 2021
GTAV sold ~816k units in the UK in 2022

GTAV came out in....checks notes.....2013.

All hail the king

Again every single time this comes up it needs to be said it is cheaper to buy GTA5 again with a bundled shark card than it is to buy a shark card on its own and it's not like $5 difference it's like 60% off, for example the game + premium content + the 10M shark card is $35 USD on steam and the shark card alone is like $100 USD and I don't know why people haven't picked up on this being a thing for the past 7 to 8 years lol

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Is it? 5% overall compared to 16% for digital on console from the summary graph looks like so probably 3:1?

Edit: nvm, missed the bubbles at the top

what do you think it will be by end of this Gen ? Its clearly on borrowed time now.
Maybe but that's not what the stats say today. Calling it toast from 2022's sales is a complete exaggeration

Witchcraft

Oct 9, 2022
Given the low/lower digital ratios on them (H2, GOWR, GT7), bundles likely are accounting for a pretty high proportion going by these figures.

View: https://twitter.com/chris_dring/status/1611353657626206209?s=61&t=sAMvcPgpJU0TzcR7f7Dezw

View: https://twitter.com/chris_dring/status/1611629886019354624?s=61&t=vn2Xrol63DyIItfUx7hcdA

You're going to have to tell the people with the actual numbers that. Apparently your tales from my ass data contradicts theirs.

Tigerfish419

Banned
Oct 28, 2021

Why does he get so huffy whenever someone brings this up, it's worth bringing up. The whole physical monthly news posts kinda feel irrelevant with how big digital is and is going to be anyway.

edit: and there it is

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Does EGS not charting mean it has less market share than origin? (which not too long ago gave up and returned to steam)
I reckon they don't share any data. Keep in mind this is not an overview of the total market, only an overview oft he available data (some publishers and/or platforms are not included).

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I guess price on digital stores now match the physical retail prices here? I remember, at least last gen and earlier, that it was just SO much cheaper to get a physical copy than it was to buy digital. Digital prices were like £50 or £60 and you could get a physical game for £40. The price difference wasn't worth it at all for the convenience. I still don't have a PS5 or Series so not been keeping up with prices between physical and digital at release because I have no reason to, I just know prices for the games have gone up and I'm assuming they now match like it did in NA.

It's still kinda wild to me how digital games aren't cheaper than physical considering they don't have to pay for printing and distribution and all that.