• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not sure if not already shared (sorry, I'm too lazy to go through the 13 pages of this thread to check), but obligatory The IT Crowd Piracy Warning video:

EDIT: I checked, it's been posted twice already, whatever, it needs to be posted on every pages of this thread tbh, so I'm just doing my part, no need to thank me.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I come from the era of mother fuckers in barber shops with a whole ass bag of bootleg films for sale. Yes its normal and no one cares.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
+1 to overreaction OP

We've come a long way for streaming ubiquity but I remember having to explain to people services like Netflix in direct comparison to piracy and streaming's convenience rather than its content.

PS thanks for making my day lol

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
maxresdefault.jpg

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I buy and play all my games legitimately through purchasing Soulja Boy Tell 'Em's consoles.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
thanks to this thread you memefied the expression "did you just admit to a crime?????"

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Why should I, a consumer, care about someone pirating?

I don't buy into the notion that people wouldn't purchase something if they couldn't take it for free. That is potential earnings that people worked hard for and deserve to be paid for. I also care bc that is the right thing to do.

Golden rule and integrity.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't buy into the notion that people wouldn't purchase something if they couldn't take it for free. That is potential earnings that people worked hard for and deserve to be paid for. I also care bc that is the right thing to do.

That's great, now go hug the corporation.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It is illegal, but lets be honest. Most people have done it or still do. When I hear someone talking about pirating something they say, "I downloaded that movie last night." We all know what that means lol.

It's not something I would tattletale about.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

The fact that the game/music/film industries grow significantly year over year despite the fact that piracy is easier than ever is kind of a direct rebuttal to your philosophy

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
These are the kind of threads that perpetuate the stereotype that people at Era don't interact with society.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the game/music/film industries grow significantly year over year despite the fact that piracy is easier than ever is kind of a direct rebuttal to your philosophy

No, that is potentially even more growth that is not occurring. It just means thankfully there is a large percentage of people that are actually willing to pay for their entertainment rather than feel entitled to it.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Empathy is great and all, but what exactly is the degree of someone who you know nothing about. It's not like any other industry doesn't forfeit from crime. Pining this in grandstanding is shallow.

I honestly won't agree with what seems like the majority here, and to be honest I expected better from this site.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Would he download a car?

Oh shit. 14 pages.

I dunno. People at work back in the day would talk about loading up Kodi on firesticks. I mean if you want to watch horrible quality cam movies then I guess thats your thing.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'd argue saying "did you just admit to committing a crime" in front of the boss is more of a professional faux pas than a passing mention of pirating.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not downplaying Piracy on this forum but
"Dude, did you just admit to a crime?"
LMAO
Yeah people casually admit to that shit in the real world

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
I remember that there is interview form former FBI chief saying the he pirate movie

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People work for companies and companies have made a lot of what I enjoy (large and small). If paying for entertainment and expecting others to do the same makes me a bootlicker than sign me right the fuck up.
Nah, being concerned about "NOT ENOUGH GROWTH!" when the industry is breaking records makes you the bootlicker.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yes let's cherry pick unrelated employees in some reach for justification. Whatever helps you sleep better.
Underpinning all this is a rat race for finite resources in a world that's at teeter's edge for a lot of people, all across the world. If this it what pushes your motor muscles like this I would like to tell you that I have international family in very precarious countries at the moment, and I can't seem to do shit about it.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, being concerned about "NOT ENOUGH GROWTH!" when the industry is breaking records makes you the bootlicker.

More growth is good too, I want the companies I enjoy content from toget the most out of what they put out. And not all companies are breaking records and being successful, some or doing ok or just getting by. Again, not going to feel bad for being called a corporate bootlicker.

Oct 25, 2017
People have been pirating stuff on the Internet and talking about it freely since the Internet was a thing. Warez channels on IRC, Napster, Kazaa etc etc.