• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, that's sooner than I thought! Now I need to know what the US pricing is like before I commit to a purchase on launch day...

Hmm, so who would the most likely potential publishing partners be? Natsume? Nicalis?

(Btw, thanks for updating this thread so consistently. It's really appreciated!)
Degica released the ones on Steam most recently, but do they even publish on consoles?

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
They already confirmed that the JP version will have English, I don't know why people think the JP physical won't too?

I'd rather be wrong than have someone complain to me that they imported the game off amazon.jp and it doesn't have English.

I'll wait for the game to appear on the eShop to confirm what languages it's using.

I would say Xseed but I'm not sure if they still exist

I'm thinking Circle is a potential publisher.

The Twitter account confirmed that a different company is handling the game's overseas release and considering their initial plans was to have the game released in Japanese, English and Traditional Chinese means that Circle fits the bill for localising a game into Traditional Chinese and English.

I don't think Success have their own localisation team for the overseas release. I just checked their two puzzle games they have on the eShop (outside Japan) and one of the screenshots with text suggests to me they've been translating these games using Google.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Awesome news!
I hope it's Circle doing the overseas release, yeah, that'd be great.
Really hoping that thr English localization is in the JP version anyway so I can import it.

Gonzon06

One Winged Slayer
Nov 28, 2017
Were they allowing import preorders on amazon? The link is telling me that they can't ship overseas so I'm wondering if I missed it

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm reading this correctly, there's 99 stages in total?

75 Quests + 7 Quests(?)
All the stages have a time attack mode
And there are 17 time attack challenges.
= 99 Stages.

New game footage 25/02/19
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
The official website updated. New character profiles added: https://swninfo.success-corp.co.jp/switch/umihara-fresh/character.html

New game footage shows that the world is more like a metroid game by using an elevator to go from one area to another rather than something else like a seamless open-world game:

New footage shows that you can Camp, which is very likely for restoring health. I don't know if it's also used as a save point.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
They already confirmed that the JP version will have English, I don't know why people think the JP physical won't too?

There, now I can say I'm wrong since the Twitter account is now confirming English and showing an English screenshot in the post right above me.

So I guess fans can continue preordering the game from Amazon JP of which an Umihara Kawase calendar got added as a bonus.

Suggestions: Where to import physical version
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
If you're here, you decided to take a look at whether to import the Japanese version of Umihara Kawase Fresh!

The Japanese physical version published by Success releases April 25th 2019, it has Japanese, English and Chinese language options. It costs ÂĄ5,800 excluding tax.

The western release will only have a physical version for North America because the publisher is Nicalis, it will release on July 9th 2019. Success have mentioned that that the western release will not have Japanese language options so it is assumed to only have English language options. This is most likely because the game will cost $40 at launch.

Now that you know the difference between the two versions, here are some suggested links for importing the Japanese physical version.

AmazonJP:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07N33836Z

The physical release on Amazon features an option to include a Umihara Kawase themed calendar with your order, this a limited edition order exclusive to Amazon and will bump the price a little compared to just ordering the game alone. You can choose to order only the game if you want.

CDJapan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/HAC-P-AQW8A

nin-nin:
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/video-games/30398-umihara-kawase-fresh-switch--4944076005087.html

amiami:
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GAME-0021571

PlayAsia:
https://www.play-asia.com/umihara-kawase-fresh/13/70bjpz

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Nice. Is it me or does the game looks a bit faster/smoother than Sayonara? As in for regular gameplay as in the video, not advanced techniques obviously.

I'd also recommend cdjapan and nin-nin for import. Maybe amiami has it too?

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Is it me or does the game looks a bit faster/smoother than Sayonara? As in for regular gameplay as in the video, not advanced techniques obviously.

I'd also recommend cdjapan and nin-nin for import. Maybe amiami has it too?

I've now added the CDJapan, amiami and nin-nin listings to the threadmarked post regarding importing.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to look at the threadmarks.

New day, new info:
Two areas of the game have been shown now, the one we've seen since reveal and the new one revealed yesterday.

Those two areas only take up 30% of the whole map in the game.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
New day, new info.

Umihara Kawase Fresh! has online leaderboards.
You do not need an Nintendo Switch Online subscription to be able to participate in the online leaderboards.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I think the art style for this is adorable and I've always wanted to try this series out. Is the release date only for Japan or is it worldwide?

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
So they confirmed April was a global release right.
I think the art style for this is adorable and I've always wanted to try this series out. Is the release date only for Japan or is it worldwide?

This is all I can quote from Gematsu:
September 15, 2018
According to Success, plans for additional language support beyond English and Chinese (and of course, the original Japanese) are currently undecided. And while digital distribution is planned for a worldwide release, plans for a physical edition outside Japan are also undecided.

January 24, 2019
Umihara Kawase Fresh! will launch for Switch on April 25 both in Japan and in the west for 5,800 yen, publisher Success Corporation announced. It will support Japanese, English, and Chinese language options.

In Japan, Umihara Kawase Fresh! will be released both physically and digitally. In the west, a digital release is planned at the very least. Success Corporation told Gematsu that a company other than itself will be in charge of the western release.

English has been confirmed but no new details regarding the western release.

Probably if the game finishes development near the end of March then we may find out if it pops up on the eShop or other announcements.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
As seen in the screenshots there are leaderboards for time attack mode which you are not able to use food or have buffs from cooking.
There are different boards for each character due to them having different abilities.

D0y1FYjUwAE285P

D0y1GEYU4AAwAro

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Oh so the food gives buffs? Interesting.

Really tempted to import the jp version tbh, hopefully english is in.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
According to Google Translate, this should be a rough sketch made at the beginning of production for Umihara Kawase Fresh!
D08cB9FVAAAnRvt

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
The initial logo during production before the finalised one appeared which is on the official site and box art.

Initial logo:
D1BZflUUwAAjVIt

Finalised logo: (couldn't find one with a white background)
logo.png

Calendar, limited item only from AmazonJP
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a sample of the calendar if you buy it with Umihara Kawase Fresh! which the calendar is only available from AmazonJP. Check the threadmarks for the link.

D1V1JIHU0AAihtm

Overseas release details
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
So the Success Twitter account is tweeting about the overseas release that is being handled by Nicalis. It mentions that the version published by Nicalis will not contain Japanese language options. (Someone already made a thread regarding Nicalis publishing the overseas release, that will be physical/digital for NA and digital only for everyone else outside Japan/NA. Price: $40. Release Date: July 9, 2019)

Remember that Success's official site for Umihara Kawase Fresh! has mentioned since months ago and still does that the game they're publishing contains Japanese, English and Chinese language options:
https://swninfo.success-corp.co.jp/switch/umihara-fresh/index.html
Screenshot_20190314-1203432.png

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm a huge Umihara Kawase fan so I'm very excited for the release -- not too far away! The fact that it's getting a physical release in NA is awesome.

Also I still can't get over the fact that Cotton is back. Cotton.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017

Ok time to look at importing that version then.

Good, I pre-ordered the Japanese physical release weeks ago.

For anyone else reading, go to the threadmarks to find import suggestions if you want to import the game physically on April 25th to play early but at a higher price: ÂĄ5,800. (Or use Japan eShop for digital)

Remember that the western release handled by Nicalis will be $40 physical/digital (digital only outside NA) but isn't coming out until July 9th.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
If I am reading this correctly, Cotton will be playable at a time attack event on the 17th of March which is in the event where a Blade Strangers Tournament is being held iirc.

The tweet shows that Cotton can fly like in the games she's known for.

D1sCfhzUkAANrKm

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
The people who have entered the time attack event happening today will get a notebook and a drink ticket.

D11QWTFU0AE-FsC

They also have merchandise for sale:

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Cool merch. I remember them teasing the figurine for a while.
I'd like to buy a keychain.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay of Cotton, I've mentioned before that she can fly like in the games she's from:

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Might import, not so much because I want the game ASAP, but because I would rather my money not go to Nicalis.

Japan eShop listing to appear soon
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Credit to KtSlime for verifying the tweet.

On March 28th, Umihara Kawase Fresh! will be listed on the Japan eShop. The option to preload is expected and there may be a demo released at the same time.