Not open for further replies.
?

What was the best game of 2017?

1. Super Mario Otterssey

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath otter Wild

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hailinel

Hailinel

Yes, I played it. All the way through, in fact. It wasn't a hack job at all.

2. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Post reasons for why Dante should be in Smash and why we should be getting a port of DMC 1-4 but do each reason individually. That would help a bit!

Also maybe more mod teasing but I think they're sleeping now.

3. skittzo0413

skittzo0413

>99%

4. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

Wasn't he already is PSASBR?

5. Once upon a time, a game called « Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem » was announced and I became very curious about it ; hoping it would go with the dark and depressing tone of the SMT games and with war themes of Fire Emblem games.

Then, the game became « Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE », and I couldn’t care less of what the hell was this game about when I saw what it was.

6. Grylvak

Grylvak

Where is that Chibi Robo on fire picture when we need it? Good times am I right?

7. Heartskips

Heartskips

It doesn't even change much stuff and you have the japanese audio all the time anyway for the original script. The only thing I don't understand is why they changed Tsubasa's bride costume when they let other stuff even more revealing unchanged, but lol.

People overblow stuff because of dumb channels like Censored Gaming.

8. Completely unrelated to the Xenoblade and TMS talk, but I really hope we get Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Switch at some point.

9. Einreich

Einreich

Here.

10. Dekuman

Dekuman

I think Nintendo is doomed. discuss.

11. Renfran

Renfran

Should be PE Noctis on fire for this one.

12. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

This was my favorite localization change in TMS.
    [​IMG]
    I actually thought it was pretty cool haha!
    Oh yeah. Shoot.....but I was technically Nephilim aka DmC Dante so there's that!

13. Grylvak

Grylvak

Ah, it's beautiful.

14. Hailinel

Hailinel

I hate Censored Gaming so goddamn much. Any time one of their videos shows up in my YouTube recommendations I die a little inside.

15. yuhr33

yuhr33

Do you guys think there’ll be a Direct soon?

16. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief

Wait to be clear we’re speaking of JoJo right?

17. DanteLinkX

DanteLinkX

Ohhh brooothheeeerrr.

Listen up man, Bayonetta needs someone as powerful as her for the spirit's story mode, Dante would be just PERFECT. Yours truly DMC4 Dante of course in my avatar. Also his side B on the floor would be Stinger (beowulf dive kick in the air) Neutral B E&I shoots like Bayo in the floor but if you hold B and press back he shoots 2 some time, means back and forward at the same time. So yeah if you do it in the air and press down he does rainstorm. His down B is royal guard parry/counter of course, time it right and its a counter, time it ok and its a block that leaves dante on place. Then his up B is air trick of course he teleports instantly, use this to cancel moves.

Tie it with dmc super mega stylish collection which includes dmc1, dmc2, dmc3 se and dmc4 se complete with a Link costume so I can finally become what I was born to. DanteLinkX.

18. Mr. Tibbs

Mr. Tibbs

That's something I would love to see!

19. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

The tweet thread was absolutely incredible. Developers and companies, even Charles Martinet, were in that thread having the time of their lives lol!

20. Llazy

Llazy

wait this thread is for a direct?

21. Heartskips

Heartskips

Had to block their channel, because Youtube thinks "if you like anime and japanese games, here's some nerd outrage reactionary trash!". Throw your algorithm in the trash.

Chimera Ants is Hunter x Hunter.

22. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Yikes I didn't even realize that I had linked Censored Gaming. I used Google to find that video. I'll remove it.

23. Not2Xavi

Not2Xavi

Oh my god!

What did you do to your avatar?

24. kickz

kickz

25. Grylvak

Grylvak

I died when the mods added Chibi-Robo to the logo of the site and almost everyone just went nuts here.

26. Braaier

Braaier
    Banned Member

Uh no it wasn't. I'm glad the changes were made. The Japanese version with scantily clad underage girls was incredibly creepy.

27. Hailinel

Hailinel

Thank you.

28. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Eevee got too curious and is now realizing that it shouldn't have done that.

29. aiswyda

aiswyda

I played the game and did a lot of the DLC IIRC. I didn’t feel like anything was awkward or poorly done without knowledge of the original text. My only issue was that I didn’t particularly like the fabric choice for Tsubaki’s dress modifications.

Honesty anyone complaining about a teenage girl getting a less revealing outfit is suspicious and creepy and that’s what a lot of it boiled down to.

30. Masozi

Masozi

Chibi Robo for Smash.

31. Sammy Samusu

Sammy Samusu

You and pretty much everybody else, which is why the game bombed. But those who bought it actually recommend it, it has very good WOM. But at that point nobody had a Wii U anymore so now we are waiting for A Switch port that might never happen lol.

32. Good times. I wish they would do that kind of tease more often

33. Sammy Samusu

Sammy Samusu

34. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD

Eevee just wants friends but is now crashing moons everywhere.

35. Harald23

Harald23

NOA localization would be the best if it wasn't with their idea that Nintendo should be like Fisher price so they have to censor everything in order to hit that T or E rating.

I think it's time to understand that fanservice is part of japanese gaming culture: it would be like censoring nudity from sculptures or hide paintings with sex scenes,...

36. I actually think that made it more appealing. Dark and depressing JRPGs are too abundant already.

37. Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Haha lol I was talking about Hunter x Hunter !

38. Heartskips

Heartskips

lol no.

Do you really want to turn this thread into this disaster

39. Lord Vatek

Lord Vatek

I still find it hilarious how people expected what was then known as SMT x FE to be some super dark, disturbing war story. It's like yo have you never played a Fire Emblem game since the GBA era or a Shin Megami Tensei game besides Nocturne? Those series are cheesy cornmeal with a side of ham. That's what makes them fun.

Also it was a Nintendo game.

40. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief

I should have been clearer lol, it’s JoJo I am watching.

41. Heartskips

Heartskips

Also, most crossover games are just cheap fanservice without meat and plots that don't make any sense because they have to handle different properties and characters that don't even know each other.

See: Super Robot Wars, Project X Zone.
    These games aren't bad, but people play them for the fanservice, not the gameplay. TMS existing as it is got us a cohesive game with depth and its own identity. I would also argue it mixes Fire Emblem and SMT elements very well. The nods to Shadow Dragon are very very cool and the gameplay is basically a great SMT game.

42. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

I sincerely apologize for linking that video! I haven't watched their videos in forever (didn't like them) and used Google to initially find an example without even realizing where it came from. I'll do better next time for sure. It's been removed.
    That pesky Eevee! I give it a ball to play with and now it wants to throw moon sized balls at the Earth.

43. Smash Kirby

Smash Kirby

I love the battle system in TMS #FE.

44. AppleKid

AppleKid

Amen.

45. Kuma Bear

Kuma Bear

They don't the style. No one is really asking for them.

46. Chris Walken

Chris Walken

After this point, i don't know what kind of game is TMS, it's a SMT? It's a Fire Emblem? i know it's a crossover, but the game looks like FFX-2, but even more creepier.

I...don't understand the relationship of J-pop culture with Fire Emblem, it simply doesn't work, at least in paper.

47. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

I hope we make it to 300 pages

48. Lord Vatek

Lord Vatek

It's a Persona game with Fire Emblem characters as the Personas.

49. mopinks

mopinks

goku bad

50. yuhr33

yuhr33

300 is nothing.

3,000 is what I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.