• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just playing it now for the first time and it looks phenomenal. The gameplay is so much better than previous entries and that the problem I barely get to use any of it.

Chapter 6 and I'm pushing wine barrels around...

Let's just skip back to the past and give Nate a brother and another boring child section complete with 15 minutes of climbing around rooftops just for him to say he's leaving lmao.

Some pointless prison section

Some playing around in an antic

Another prison section which was good but I'm a few hours into the game and I'm not doing anything.

Finally the games timeline sinks up and we go on a job, only to invoke more climbing.

It's like I've been given a Porsche and told I can't drive it yet.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Well, I dunno. I kinda liked the varied pacing of it. Would you prefer it to be more action / less talking and walking?
Also, "and I'm not doing anything" - what d'you mean by that?

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
It's not for you, stop playing.

For people that enjoyed it, it was an incredible adventure which questioned Nate's relationship with Elena and then solidified it by the end. It revealed quite a bit about Nate's past via introduction of Sam and showed that Sully, despite being the cunning, lovable and silly guy that he is, is also aging and can't quite keep up with everything. The pacing was great and allowed full exploration, immersion and enjoyment of the story.

C++

Banned
Aug 2, 2018
If you reached clay jungle area game starts there. I agree game has terrible pacing. Shame considering it has best combat and movement of entire series yet so less usage of it.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It starts at "press start". That's the game. What's pointless to you is meaningful to others. Don't like it? Just stop and play something more to your liking.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I felt similar to you, stuck by it, but never felt redeemed in the end. It's fun when you're playing it but you so rarely are.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
This game is focusing more on story and characters and previous games. They reduced the amount of enemy combat encounters, which is a lot better imo. If you really want to experiment the improved gameplay, play multiplayer or survival.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This game is a disaster of pacing. It's got great highs, but good god is it a slog.
249.jpg

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quit around 6 as well. So boring. I thought it was going to be an action game. I'll go back to it eventually though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Stop now. There's no magic time where the game opens up. If you're not feeling it now (you wouldn't be alone...) then just stop. As someone who adores Uncharted 2/3, I thought the pacing of U4 was absolutely awful.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shut the game off and burn the disc or delete the download. Not even your worst enemy should have to suffer through this piece of shit game. If you have access to The Lost Legacy, you would be much much better off playing that since the pacing is not pure filth.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved that pacing, no need for endless action sequences in an adventure game

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, my biggest gripe with the game is that it never ends, so the exact opposite. I quite like the beginning, it's really varied.

After Scotland though, the story barely progresses anymore. every new places you go to you have to find the treasure, and everytime you discover it's somewhere else. It's almost comical how similar it is to "the princess is in another castle". It goes on for way too long without any significant new beat

OP
OP
Heisenburger

Heisenburger

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It starts at "press start". That's the game. What's pointless to you is meaningful to others. Don't like it? Just stop and play something more to your liking.
I never said I didn't like it. Just it isn't major fun walking and climbing all the time. Or is it supppsed to be a climbing simulator?

The other games had enough shooting, set pieces and climbing to keep it varied.

He game clearly has obvious issues, the slight condescending is amusing though.

Edit I'm supposed to be at some Italian villa stealing some key item yet I've ended up outside the complex again climbing on some cliffs. This is after being inside lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I always disliked Uncharted gameplay and only gave a shit about the cutscenes, so 4 sounds right up my alley. Unless half of it is slow forced walking. Then nope.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
it starts just from the beginning. when you control that fucking boat.
jk
UC4's pacing is not as good as my expectations from the makers of The last of us tho.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I never said I didn't like it. Just it isn't major fun walking and climbing all the time. Or is it supppsed to be a climbing simulator?

The other games had enough shooting, set pieces and climbing to keep it varied.

He game clearly has obvious issues, the slight condescending is amusing though.
This game does too, it's just about double the length. If you don't care about the characters, get out now.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
OP, I felt exactly the same at Chapter 6. The game starts at Chapter 8, everything before that is a drag. The good news is that, aside from one shitty chapter later on, it's all good fun from there.

Apr 21, 2018
The 20% of the game that's fun, honestly, is worth slogging through the 80% walk-and-talk, lame puzzles, linear-exploring, and do-it-yourself-platforming.

Seriously disappointing sequel for me. I think it's easily the worst out of the main four UC games.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
just playing it now for the first time and it looks phenomenal. The gameplay is so much better than previous entries and that the problem I barely get to use any of it.

Chapter 6 and I'm pushing wine barrels around...

Let's just skip back to the past and give Nate a brother and another boring child section complete with 15 minutes of climbing around rooftops just for him to say he's leaving lmao.

Some pointless prison section

Some playing around in an antic

Another prison section which was good but I'm a few hours into the game and I'm not doing anything.

Finally the games timeline sinks up and we go on a job, only to invoke more climbing.

It's like I've been given a Porsche and told I can't drive it yet.
It's the slowest Uncharted. Doesn't have a lot of shooting compared to the rest of the series which is disappointing considering shooting felt finally good in this game (I thought the gunplay was kinda weak in UC1-3). Uncharted 4 is really great at storytelling but I found the pacing off (too much climbing and "puzzling" aka pushing crates) compared to UC2+3. It's the one Uncharted I didn't really feel the urge to replay right away (and still didn't to this day). Replayed 1-3 several times. Lost count actually.

OP
OP
Heisenburger

Heisenburger

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm glad it picks up after chapter 8 by the sounds of it?

This is why I don't buy single player games brand new.