• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was pretty cool. This guy managed to mod the Nathan and Elena cutscene in first person. The facial animation is absolutely insane. Elena is literally a real person when looking at her in this view.

@joshscherr
I've seen a number of awesome Uncharted 4 mods, but this one is probably my favorite.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was pretty cool. This guy managed to mod the Nathan and Elena cutscene in first person. The facial animation is absolutely insane. Elena is literally a real person when looking at her in this view.

The other day I played the regular version of this scene for the very first time. On a nice TV too. I was floored. Elena and Nathan are so expressive.

This is cool.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap, what I would do for a Naughty Dog FPS game.

Last edited:

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, it's stuff like this that didn't make me question TLOU2. Naughty Dog really are at the top when it comes to animations.

OP
OP
Gravity Insanity
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
That food model is hilariously off. But I guess you don't see it in the actual game? So it gets a free pass, lol.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it's easy to forget how amazing Naughty Dog is. Did the guy tweak the animation, because it's stunning how Elena looks straight at Drake, without it entering the uncanny valley.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
The things Sony are doing this Gen is making me excited to see what the future holds and the next Gen hardware. Oh god I want it to be a big jump but I don't expect the first games on the new console to be that much better than late Gen this time. It's always the way. But damn game already look pretty good but I want more, always more I'm greedy for graphics and realism (where it matters).

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
That gave me Source Filmmaker vibes and let me tell ya.....that ain't a vibe I don't want to think about too often.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. I'd need to see the original cutscene again to see why they changed between warm and cool lighting.

This was also funny at the end:

Nate: That doesn't look anything like a bandicoot.

Elena: Have you seen a bandicoot?

Nate: No, but I'm sure they don't wear sneakers.

Last edited:

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's amazing. The facial expressions still astound me. I love how the lighting changes with the camera.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I'd need to see the original cutscene again to see why they changed between warm and cool lighting.
In the unaltered cutscene, everytime there's cool lighting on Elena's face, the cutscene camera is focused on Nathan, and vice versa when the camera's on Elena. Manipulating lighting mid scene like that is very common, and not just limited 3D animation or motion capture. It's there to assist in creating stronger shot composition to both make a visually more attractive scene, but also draw attention to what the scene wants you to focus on in subtle ways (among other things). Even if real life logic would say that it doesn't make sense.