• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Director Dan Trachtenberg has exited Uncharted, the Sony Pictures film adaptation of the massive selling PlayStation game. Tom Holland remains attached to star, and sources said the studio is moving quickly to lock his replacement — meetings are underway now — and that a new filmmaker should be in place by end of summer. The film will begin production early next year.

A new development is that this film will become the first feature production of Sony PlayStation Productions, which was set up on the Sony lot last year. Headed by Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan, PlayStation Productions has come on to produce alongside Chuck Roven, Avi Arad, Alex Gartner, and Ari Arad.

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the movie is happening.

Its set for a December 2020 release. With this and the Cruella Deville movie getting delayed, I think the herd running away from the film of 2020.

I am of course referring to Denis Villenueve's upcoming kino masterpiece Dune

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
This is terrible news for the project. Dan is amazing and I would have been very confident in him pulling off something fun and special. Now...ehhhhhh. They should probably just cancel it.

Still excited to see whatever Dan does next.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a lot of cynics in here. this will turn out great like fassbender's assassin's creed.

Last edited:

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's more doomed this movie or the doom movie with the rock.

Hope it turns out well but idk

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Very odd, if this franchise took off, he could have been a renown director. Must be some trouble going on, maybe he didn't want to wait for the production to begin cause its taken so long.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Aww...I am really looking forward to this movie, but its delays and this news does not fill me with a lot of confidence that its going to actually happen, or if it does, that it is going to be good.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i dont think it could have worked tbh.
nathan drakes voice actor is what sells the character

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Title should add this is moving to Playstation Productions.
I am pretty sure it wasn't under that before

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why the keep trying to make this work.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the movie is happening.

Its set for a December 2020 release. With this and the Cruella Deville movie getting delayed, I think the herd running away from the film of 2020.

I am of course referring to Denis Villenueve's upcoming kino masterpiece Dune
You're in my eternal good graces.

To Shai-Hulud and our valuable spice!

Still a bummer this director exited, hopefully they can find someone adequate as a replacement cause I want this to be a good adventurous movie.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I seriously cannot see Tom Holland as Nathan Drake at all...it feels so miscast.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Now I love the Uncharted series, but at this point isn't this massively late for a movie adaptation of a game? Is it worth it at this point?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not giving me a lot of faith in Sony being able to run a movie studio when they can't even make a goddamn Uncharted movie.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Jesus, this isn't rocket science. Make an Adventures of Tin Tin movie with an Uncharted skin. Let Nolan North voice Drake, bing bang fucking done. Could of been on the 3rd Uncharted movie by now if they didn't insist on being so damn obtuse about it.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Brett Ratner is sitting impatiently by the phone.

Not giving me a lot of faith in Sony being able to run a movie studio when they can't even make a goddamn Uncharted movie.

To be fair, these are... uncharted waters here. Nobody has successfully melded a rogueish anti-hero, a colorful cast of characters, and a globetrotting search for treasure before in cinema. They need time to figure out the formula.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Why do they insist on adapting games to movies and vice versa? Just keep each art or masterpeice away from each other to keep its high value and fame.