dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
NcqNply.png

store.epicgames.com

The Biggest Upcoming PC Games of 2022

Check out our breakdown of the biggest and most anticipated PC Games of 2022! We update this list, so check back frequently to learn about new games.

This confirms date leaked via SteamDB.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this confirmation, excited to see this in its full glory, also steam deck lol

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I still wish they would release Uncharted 1-3 on PC as well. I'll probably not end up buying this because I'd prefer to play the entire franchise instead of just the closing chapter.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Nice. I wonder how the PC version will be improved over console

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I still wish they would release Uncharted 1-3 on PC as well. I'll probably not end up buying this because I'd prefer to play the entire franchise instead of just the closing chapter.

I mean, yeah. If you haven't played the other games this one loses most of its impact.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I was waiting for a date.

I think GoT is next.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
U4 runs great in 120fps mode on PS5, but I can't wait to start the game again on PC and play through it with mouse aiming.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Still weird to me that there is no pc port of 1-3. I guess there are people who haven't owned a Sony console since ps3 or just gonna double dip?

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
ND Engine PC debut... let's hope it's a smooth one, without an eventful and active PC Performance thread.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I think it's more just that this collection was already being ported to PS5, so the money and resources were already there for a PC port in addition to that. Whereas a port for Uncharted 1-3 would have to be freshly approved, and given those are PS3 games, there might be complications that make it even more expensive/time consuming.

It's weird from a storytelling pov for sure though. Hopefully 1-3 get ported.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more just that this collection was already being ported to PS5, so the money and resources were already there for a PC port in addition to that. Whereas a port for Uncharted 1-3 would have to be freshly approved, and given those are PS3 games, there might be complications that make it even more expensive/time consuming.
But Uncharted 1-3 have already been ported to PS4.
Sony is leaving money on the table again. First, God of War 1-3 did not show up on PC, now Uncharted 1-3. People who start with 4 will miss a lot again.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It's weird from a storytelling pov for sure though. Hopefully 1-3 get ported.

Uncharted 1-3 are on PS4, just as Uncharted 4. So porting wouldn't be as complicated as if they were to port them from PS3.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
But Uncharted 1-3 have already been ported to PS4.
Sony is leaving money on the table again. First, God of War 1-3 did not show up on PC, now Uncharted 1-3. People who start with 4 will miss a lot again.
They didn't really need to port GOW1-3 since GOW2018 is kind of a soft reboot, but yeah playing Uncharted 4 as your first Uncharted is just.. not right, especially since the game has some "member this?" moments that will completely be lost on new players.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Skipped the PS5 update for this. At least I wont be paying for future upgrades if I want to play it 10 years from now.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They didn't really need to port GOW1-3 since GOW2018 is kind of a soft reboot, but yeah playing Uncharted 4 as your first Uncharted is just.. not right, especially since the game has some "member this?" moments that will completely be lost on new players.

Main reason why it is lame to play Uncharted 4 as first game is because you don't get to see main characters bond and how their relationship changes and grows.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Wow what a coincidence, I just looked up if there was a release date about an hour before the announcement

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Doesn't matter how dated 1-3 might be these days, they should be on PC. I don't know why someone would care about the story (or at least be as emotionally attached to it) without playing the prior titles. It's more about building a connection with the characters than it is important story details

Considering how slow 4 is at times too, I'm sure a lot of people have dipped because they got bored and didn't care about what was going on

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i recently played every uncharted game for the first time on ps5 and thought uncharted 4 is the best in the series. didn't like lost legacy that much, too many annoying puzzles and the driving around was sometimes confusing.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's where I'm at as well. Never played any of the earlier games and don't see much point in jumping in at game 4.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wonder.. if on PC.. with the new PS Plus Plus launching in June it'll not only let you stream games to PC but also let you play games like this natively.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
If you haven't played UC4 before, you are in for a treat. Lost Legacy is good also, but I think its well overrated on this forum.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't think they want to expand their subscriber base beyond the plastic box? Maybe not in June but in the longer term surely. PC gamers aren't going to subscribe just to stream everything. Not in any great number. Hence why PC Game Pass exists and not just the cloud.
It's hard, because they need the entire infrastructure to support the platform on PC. The streaming part is easy, they already have it done with PS Now and it's basically just a video player, but downloads require license checking, support, updating systems and basically an entire new launcher they're probably not going to do. It's unlikely they're going to bother with the couple games they release on PC, at the moment. Also, what would happen with the third party gamesyou get with the subscription? They're also added as downloadable in your service and keep the cost of having to maintain them? MS does that because the games are in the MS Store anyways, so they might as well just service them.

Also, people love to have new launchers, as we know.
(and before you tell me how EA Play is in Steam, Steam only charges the money, everything else goes through Origin)

EDIT: though, I will say, Sony is definitely making a push for its PC initiatives, as shown by their recent hiring posts, so who knows what the future might bring!

If you haven't played UC4 before, you are in for a treat. Lost Legacy is good also, but I think its well overrated on this forum.
I agree, UC4 is the gold of the franchise IMO, U2 being a really really close second.

Last edited:

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I'm not buying the 4th game in a series without playing the first 3.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I mean all Uncharted games can be played separately without technically missing much of the story (or missing anything at all to be honest). But playing them in order does build your relationship with those characters.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The explanation is simpler than you think it is, more people will buy Uncharted 4 than they will the old games, Uncharted 4 on PS4 had shown that people dont need to play the old games to enjoy it, seeing as it became by far the best selling one in the franchise. Same for God of War. Same for The Witcher 3. Same for Skyrim. Same for Fallout 4. Same for Dark Souls 3. Same for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Theres many examples where you have new audiences that get more attracted to the newer game than the older ones, because most people dont want to play through a whole franchise just to play the game they want to.
Worst case, theres probably a billion different "x game recap" that you watch before playing the new game to get yourself familiarized.

If anything it'll probably turn out more effective to release those after Uncharted 4&TLL are out and you will have new fanbase that wants to play more Uncharted games.