• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Transferring saves was confirmed to auto pop trophies you've already completed.

psnprofiles.com

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Trophies

1 Platinum • 4 Gold • 20 Silver • 76 Bronze

I'm not exactly sure what happened here but it's a weird structure out of the ordinary for a Trophy list (Especially first-party). All of Uncharted 4 makes up the majority of the list outside of 1 trophy called "Don't Ruin The Moment" which is a Gold for getting all TLL trophies. The TLL trophies themselves are from the retail game but are under a DLC tab thus no additional platinum.

While the game not having two platinums is one thing (It happens). It seems a bit weird to tie the platinum completion to both games when there's only one on offer. Why it wasn't two platinum or just regulating TLL to a DLC slot is anyone's guess. I do believe this makes it the record for "DLC" with the most amount of trophies tied to it though.

-------

Don't let this turn you off from playing the games, however. I more wanted to make this thread as a PSA for anyone who had a bit of unfinished business on the PS4 versions of 4 & TLL (Like I do). Might be worth mopping up anything you missed there so you can transfer that save over and get a total of 3 platinums out of all of this.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Slightly off-topic, but how does the upgrade for each individual game even work then? Is Legacy of Thieves a single application or two?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
This was the one I was alluding to in your "please learn to make better trophy/achievement lists"-thread. It's by far one of the most baffling implementations I have seen, more so as on PlayStation they have the ability to create multiple trophylist for collections.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I just really hate everything about this collection. Stupid trophy implementation. Still only 1440p. Removed multiplayer.

Like I understand like sure it's nice you pay $10 to get both but all you are getting is 60 fps for this, which is nice, but it would have just been better if that was free.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I understand why it's digital only for the upgrade, but it's annoying af that I skipped a billion sales for these games because I have the discs, and now I gotta wait for the price to tank before it feels worth it.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I understand why it's digital only for the upgrade, but it's annoying af that I skipped a billion sales for these games because I have the discs, and now I gotta wait for the price to tank before it feels worth it.

It's not. You can get the $10 upgrade on Friday. Just choose which disc you want to use as the "Activator". It's similar to other disc-based upgrades just in this case you get both as long as you own one of the games.

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
Sony's all over the place with these trophies, they should really get their stuff in order. There needs to be consistency in how things are treated.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
It's not. You can get the $10 upgrade on Friday. Just choose which disc you want to use as the "Activator". It's similar to other disc-based upgrades just in this case you get both as long as you own one of the games.
Oh shit, thanks. I didn't expect that but I never looked into it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Oh, for a moment I thought they would let you transfer saves to PC and was like this

9c333579709474d68c802cb5b220a423.jpeg

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who'll pick this up when it's on PC, how is the trophy list for these anyway?

DomLando

Nov 1, 2017
Do I need the disc every time I play or only for the initial upgrade? I'm assuming every time so you cannot just loan the disc to someone so they could upgrade on their console.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The PS5 trophy captures for this are going to be a lot of Naughty Dog logos and UC4 menus if you already have the Platinums.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Almost makes me want to hold off on buying the upgrade, going back and finishing the platinums (don't think I'm too far off), and then upgrading to let it all pop off. I don't need more of this in my life.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Save transfer is great, the single platinum, is not. 2022 and Trophies can still have dumb shit like that and games without a platinum at all. Ugh.
Not much has really changed in this case though, I'm pretty sure. TLL didn't have a platinum originally, did it? It's being packed in as a single game, now, with just TLL acting as a true side story now instead of an additional experience, so it ties in better. It's not like you STILL have to pay for TLL on top of whatever you do (new or upgrade) for it just to get the platinum.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not much has really changed in this case though, I'm pretty sure. TLL didn't have a platinum originally, did it? It's being packed in as a single game, now, with just TLL acting as a true side story now instead of an additional experience, so it ties in better. It's not like you STILL have to pay for TLL on top of whatever you do (new or upgrade) for it just to get the platinum.
TLL sure did, I even bothered to get it. Sounds like a classic Sony fuck up of just having a really stupid system in place when it comes to PS4 to PS5 upgrades...

Nov 2, 2017
Why wouldn't TLL have platinum? It was a full game.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I had a feeling this collection was going to be one "game" based on things like the upgrade path, the weird way they're now grouping the PS4 versions of the two titles together, and the install size. What I didn't expect was only one platinum trophy though. Is there any past precedent for >1 platinum trophy being available for one game "entry" in the trophy list?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was the weirdest thing when I saw this on PSN Profiles. Having the platinum for TLL being a gold trophy under UC4 is a 🤨 decision.

Not like they couldn't have had multiple games in one application gave multiple platinums. The Kingdom Hearts games have four platinums available in the 1.5+2.5 bundle and that's all run out of "one game."

Ah well, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I'll just play the games through again and then pop the trophies that I didn't unlock after.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

It definitely had a platinum which is why this is strange. It being $10 or an upgrade or whatever honestly is irrelevant since they both had them initially.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
I had a feeling this collection was going to be one "game" based on things like the upgrade path, the weird way they're now grouping the PS4 versions of the two titles together, and the install size. What I didn't expect was only one platinum trophy though. Is there any past precedent for >1 platinum trophy being available for one game "entry" in the trophy list?

The Crash N.Sane Trilogy is one game but there are three separate trophy listings each with its own platinum trophy. So it's definitely possible to do so. They just decided not to do it that way.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
TLL sure did, I even bothered to get it. Sounds like a classic Sony fuck up of just having a really stupid system in place when it comes to PS4 to PS5 upgrades...
Why wouldn't TLL have platinum? It was a full game.
It definitely had a platinum which is why this is strange. It being $10 or an upgrade or whatever honestly is irrelevant since they both had them initially.
Ah, well then, that's just silly.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
It's just Naughty Dog's original vision, where Lost Legacy was supposed to be DLC.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
The Crash N.Sane Trilogy is one game but there are three separate trophy listings each with its own platinum trophy. So it's definitely possible to do so. They just decided not to do it that way.
Yeah, I realize this is possible from a bunch of PS3 collections and recently from the Mass Effect collection. Naughty Dog could've easily done it this way.

But just out of curiosity, I've been wondering if there has ever been any sort of collection where you could get multiple platinum trophies for one trophy list entry? I'm assuming this is against some sort of PS design/certification guidelines, but I really have no clue.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's just not possible to for a single application to have two platinums? Though I think it might have been better to relegate TLL completely to the DLC section then. The way it is you essentially have to platinum two games to get one.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
It feels weird for their to be completing the game on a certain difficultly based trophies. Can't remember the last time there was one in a first party PlayStation game

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, whichever version you pick to upgrade will be the disc you always need to use for access.
Not sure if you know the answer to this as well, but I own TLL on disc. If I upgrade using that disc as the "activator", but then I purchase a digital version of TLL down the line, will I still need to use the disc to launch this collection?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if you know the answer to this as well, but I own TLL on disc. If I upgrade using that disc as the "activator", but then I purchase a digital version of TLL down the line, will I still need to use the disc to launch this collection?
I think they removed the standalone digital TLL purchase. I think it's only available in a bundle with Uncharted 4.

But purchasing the Legacy of Thieves digitally should require a fresh download instead of just turning the disc upgrade over the digital, I think? I know I've had disc games that I've bought digitally that needed a new download

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I bet it has something to do with the "if you own one, you can upgrade both for $10" thing.

It doesn't need to be, but someone started it that way and they just said "fuck it".

I wonder if the difficulty exploit in 4 is intact or patched out. Save transfers including trophies saves me doing any grinding I guess.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's just Naughty Dog's original vision, where Lost Legacy was supposed to be DLC.

Makes it all the more weird that they added all the trophies back in from the retail version. The DLC version of the game only has like 12 trophies basically for beating the game and beating it on crushing.
As said they removed the stand-alone purchase of both titles. But if that PS4 version ever went on sale again and you bought it, it should include the version. Might need someone to confirm tho. Could be a wonky implementation like FF7 had

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Makes it all the more weird that they added all the trophies back in from the retail version. The DLC version of the game only has like 12 trophies basically for beating the game and beating it on crushing.
What DLC version? I was just joking btw.

Looking at the list lay-out, I almost wonder if it is a copy error.
Edit: nope, cause this is the platinum trophy image:

1Lc255d6.png