• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if the biggest difference is having an edge, I can see why people are just going to use the open source cross-platform solution.
Using this open source cross platform solution isn't any easier than DLSS and once you've implemented one you're quite literally also implemented the other.
Basically expect most games using either to use both (and XeSS too).

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Using this open source cross platform solution isn't any easier than DLSS and once you've implemented one you're quite literally also implemented the other.
Basically expect most games using either to use both (and XeSS too).

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to include one and not the other at this point.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Nice to get confirmation. I have played the first three games on PS3 so will probably get this. A bit later now because I just got all Judgement games and preordered LaD: Ishin. From my view the Uncharted series was on an increasingly steep decline where I left it off. The weakness of bullet sponge enemies and subpar aim mechanics even carried over to The Last of Us, in my opinion. Therefore, I am worried that U4 looks to be a lot much longer than the earlier games (first game is close to perfect in that regard). Hopefully it can be balanced via the Explorer/Very Easy difficulty mode. It's the kind of game I just want to flow through once.

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Still wild to me that they're launching this first with no sign of the original trilogy remaster, so, so much will be lost on new players.

UC4 sold significantly more than any Uncharted before it. Tons of people already experienced it as their first Uncharted game. It's really not a big deal to many people out there.

God of War 2018 is similar in that respect.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yay! It's finally coming!

Those minimum requirements are pretty hefty for a game that was originally on the PS4, a R9 290X is pretty much PS4 Pro level of GPU hardware. Hopefully it doesn't really require that at the minimum.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
UC4 sold significantly more than any Uncharted before it. Tons of people already experienced it as their first Uncharted game. It's really not a big deal to many people out there.

God of War 2018 is similar in that respect.

Yeah, even if they are sequels both Uncharted 4 and GoW2018 were definitely designed in large part around newcomers.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Still wild to me that they're launching this first with no sign of the original trilogy remaster, so, so much will be lost on new players.
Nate and Elena and Sully's relationship is well written in this game; everything that isn't outright stated can be inferred by anyone who knows how to interpret context clues. The entire opening at the house is more than enough to give new players an overview of what these characters have been up to and where they stand now.

These games do not have an intricate story, so not much is going to be lost on anybody.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Pretty excited for it, but I think I'll hold off for a while in case they announce a port of the Nathan Drake Collection.

I did play them up to half of 3 back when they were released, but would love to play them again to freshen up my memory before going into 4.

Nov 8, 2017
Nate and Elena and Sully's relationship is well written in this game; everything that isn't outright stated can be inferred by anyone who knows how to interpret context clues. The entire opening at the house is more than enough to give new players an overview of what these characters have been up to and where they stand now.

These games do not have an intricate story, so not much is going to be lost on anybody.

Without playing the original trilogy, the impact of the very dubious brother retcon will be lost!

(lol)

arne

Vice President at Naughty Dog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So FSR 2.0 Confirmed but not DLSS.

Huh, there's only mention of FSR 2.0 on the store page, no mention of DLSS. Wonder if that's planned for later.

There is no way, I don't think any of their PC ports have skipped DLSS.

No DLSS would be disappointing.

DLSS is supported! Right from launch.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
giphy.gif

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Has Sony said anything about why only Uncharted 4 is being ported? It is a continuous story. How are pc folks who never played Uncharted supposed to jump in the final chapter of Uncharted story arc?
Aw, that's a bummer. For some reason I thought this did have 1-3 as well. :(

I only ever played through Uncharted 2 and the Vita one.

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited to have Uncharted on PC. Hoping Sony continues the tend further. It would be nice to have the entire collection.

Jun 25, 2022
Those system requirements seem kinda steep for a PS4 upressed game, if it's a direct port of the PS5 version. Must be extremely CPU bound.

But in any case this is day 1 for me like Spider-Man.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if we get a FOV slider?
(I assume so given the presence of Ultrawide, but you never know).

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Can FSR2.0 be added to ps5 version in the future? Same with Tlou part 1. The current 40fps mode barely holds 40fps, suprised that its even there especially for a naughty dog game. FSR2.0 for the performance mode will have the best of both in terms of IQ and performance.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
ÂŁ45 seems a bit spicy. I think i'll not, I enjoyed LL but at that price...also my computer wouldn't have a fun time.

I imagine this will also get steam deck support? The other releases have been good for that

Did I imagine it or were they also supposed to be porting the 1-3 collection. Not with this but as a seperate thing.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
$35.99 at CDKeys. Very tempting but I have it on PS5, so I'll wait for a deeper discount. They're legit btw.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
ÂŁ45 seems a bit spicy. I think i'll not, I enjoyed LL but at that price...also my computer wouldn't have a fun time.

I imagine this will also get steam deck support? The other releases have been good for that

Did I imagine it or were they also supposed to be porting the 1-3 collection. Not with this but as a seperate thing.
It has been deck verified as of today.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Hoping it's a good port. We haven't seen this engine run on PC yet, and the port studio's track record isn't 100 solid. But I got hope it'll be decent.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
It has been deck verified as of today.
Oh that's neat. I still think the ports are overpriced (considering how long it takes to get there) but they have knocked it out of the park with the Steam Deck compatability stuff.

I think that's every first party title that runs on it currently (At least I think so) and they seem to run fairly solidly

Last edited: