• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell Nintendo. I live thousands of miles from my friends, fuck me right?

They're like the company version of the parent telling the kid he gets a a treat if he does well, but the treat is a bag of veggies.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
This is very dumb, but doesn't really affect my purchasing decision since I don't really want to play Multiplayer very much.

Seems like a thing they can and will probably fix after launch.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing!

Don't forget to pay for the Switch Online subscription though. Because the online experience improved tremendously since it was launched. /s

Will

Oct 26, 2017
My hype for this game is absolutely deflated. Should have known it was too good to be true.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's stupidity and assbackwardness is astounding sometimes.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Why would anyone want to play Mario with friends? Makes no sense.

They had a real sleeper here with the online play just sneaking in to the feature list at the last moment... Too bad.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So you can play friends' stages just not with them? Or is it both?

Dumb either way but I'm a little confused as to the exact limitations.

That explanation is very dumb too.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true it's baffling that they don't separate ranked from casual play when Nintendo have two titles with those features explicitly made to make online multi with friends possible. I just don't get how they wouldn't account for that in a game that has its new selling point being playing with friends.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
How hard is it to make a casual mode, even Smash Bros Ultimate has this problem, WTF Nintendo

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I gave a Nintendo a pass for their shitty approach to online gaming for years but it's 2019 now. It's not funny anymore, it's just sad.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Hey, at least online is free.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. For once that Nintendo seems to have a solid online system, they decide to make co-op impossible with buddies, both on a single system and online. I don't know what to say, really. It doesn't change my purchase because I was gonna solo for 99% of the time, but still, what the actual fuck is Nintendo doing with its online?

Jaysc

Oct 25, 2017

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do we reach Nintendo when they fuck up this badly? They're a non-US company with no direct communication with fans, little to no social media presence and their games sell insanely well.

I realize there's no true answer to this question outside of the unlikely "with our wallets" solution. It's just frustrating.

I know GameXplain has become confident that local same console multiplayer does indeed exist but can you imagine if it didn't?! No local and no online friend play...
In all likelihood even if we all abstained from purchasing their online service, Nintendo would somehow not understand why it is people weren't buying their service and attribute it to a lack of interest in online gaming rather than a stand against their incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.