• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
https://twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/950389277627740160

Rated M for Mature.
DTB2Am-XkAAc3XG

Undead Labs devs have been saying that it will "definitely come out this Spring" and there's no chances of delays on social media for the past few weeks.

Posting this because I've seen a lot of people predicting this getting delayed to Fall.

EDIT: For the people who wanted proof of Undead Labs dev saying its coming out in Spring and when we might see more information/marketing:
wrYQLzx_d.jpg

KiWFZvI_d.jpg

TL;DR: Post was from December on Reddit. Undead Labs dev says that they are very sure it's releasing in Spring. In regards to why Undead Labs is so quiet, dev says that they aren't allowed to share new information and are being prohibited by Microsoft until 2018 starts.

Last edited:

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
For a game coming Spring 2018, They haven't shown much since that trailer last yr.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, so April? Sea of Thieves is 3/20 so I'm guessing it will need time to breath in terms of marketing

If they can get SoD2, SoT AND CD3 our before E3 that would be a good step in the right direction.

Gives me hope for fall 2018 since it's rumored that a new Fable is in development and that the Coalition is working on a new IP.

Plus Forza Horizon4!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First game was basically The Walking Dead in game form without actually the IP. Making a group, having to manage resources, constantly risking to lose one or more people because zombies are actually pretty damn scary and not just meat to get past through. I really enjoyed the first game and I'm really curious to see the kinds of improvements the sequel will bring. For one, co-op sounds like the best thing that could happen to the game.

Nov 14, 2017
Microsoft needs to fix the Window store /downloader immediately or not touching this game. The issues I have trying to download a game on there is beyond ridiculous.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I wonder if Crackdown 3 is a similar situation, can't share information about release date or new trailers until another month or two?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Do we know if this another one of those dredfull windows 10 store exclusives or will it also release on steam?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I finally got round to downloading the original game (Year One edition) from Game Pass and it's absolutely awful, the most janky game I think I've ever played. It almost looks like a joke game, the animation etc is so bad. No trolling here, I'm being absolutely serious.

I'm surprised MS greenlit a sequel - am I missing something? I have to say, the trailers for the sequel look night and day better than what I played of the original, so who knows.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe we haven't seen more of this, it should be a big game for MS

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I need to remind myself that State of Decay is actually on the game pass and need to check it out before the sequel comes out. Should be fun to see where it falls this year since it does feel like Microsoft is starting to make a rally for 2018 for games between this, Sea of Thieves and hopefully Crackdown 3.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I cant believe we haven't seen more of this, it should be a big game for MS
I actually just made a rant thread on this because I want to see Microsoft succeed (and the other two of course) in making exclusives. But Microsoft is doing a piss poor job and showing that they WANT low sales.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got round to downloading the original game (Year One edition) from Game Pass and it's absolutely awful, the most janky game I think I've ever played. It almost looks like a joke game, the animation etc is so bad. No trolling here, I'm being absolutely serious.

I'm surprised MS greenlit a sequel - am I missing something? I have to say, the trailers for the sequel look night and day better than what I played of the original, so who knows.
Well at the time it released it was the fastest ever selling game on Xbox live so probably yes lol.

Oct 25, 2017

Either it clicks with you or it doesn't - it absolutely did for me, and I loved, loved, LOVED the first game. Fucking fantastic. Best survival feel.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just made a rant thread on this because I want to see Microsoft succeed (and the other two of course) in making exclusives. But Microsoft is doing a piss poor job and showing that they WANT low sales.

Didn't MS buy the IP? Seems like a complete waste to buy an open-world zombie survival IP, make a sequel and not advertise it like the next big thing

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
CES media day is today and there is usually nothing gaming related aside from Intel, AMD and Nvidia presentations. It's a tech event not a gaming event.
I'm not talking in terms of press conferences. I'm thinking there would have been some behind the scenes event for media and "influencers" where they got hands on the game with them showing/ talking about it around CES time. Cause if I'm not mistaken that's usually what's happens when it comes to CES and gaming in the past?

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm seriously excited for this game... if they expanded upon the gameplay while slightly fixing the jank, that's good enough for me!

Co-op is just such an awesome bonus!

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Didn't MS buy the IP? Seems like a complete waste to buy an open-world zombie survival IP, make a sequel and not advertise it like the next big thing
That's one thing but according to Undead Labs, Undead Labs aren't even allowed to hype it up. Like if Microsoft isn't going to, the developers of their own game should be able to but Microsoft is telling them no, not yet.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Project Scarlet is part of Redstone 4 or 5? Jez Corden said Microsoft is working on an Xbox product codenamed Scarlet and we don't know if it's hardware or software related. If software related, it's probably Win10 as well.
Oh I must have completely missed that, do you have a link because I can't seem to find it.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
That's one thing but according to Undead Labs, Undead Labs aren't even allowed to hype it up. Like if Microsoft isn't going to, the developers of their own game should be able to but Microsoft is telling them no, not yet.

Give MS a chance to do their thing for god sake. What first/second party games do you feel have lacked advertising?

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Oh I must have completely missed that, do you have a link because I can't seem to find it.
Sorry, not Jez Corden but it is WindowsCentral and they do have Insider information. There wasn't a whole article about it, but it was an interesting tidbit in their predictions article.
https://windowscentral.com/microsoft-2018-predictions
Scroll down to the "Xbox in 2018"
Regarding Xbox, I've not heard of any new products on the horizon for 2018. I do know Microsoft is working on a new Xbox product codenamed Scarlet, but whether Microsoft is planning to release it next year is unknown. We also don't know much about the Scarlet project itself, so we're going to keep digging for information on that.
Speculation that it's either a streaming service for Xbox One/Windows 10 or an affordable $100 streaming stick that can stream Xbox games. We don't actually know though.