• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, the last one only came out a few years ago. And they are a small team. I'd say 2023 release.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Some of what Xbox shown today feels super early (all the CGI is a giveaway). Surprised they are announcing stuff that is 3 years out.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
State of Decay to State of Decay 2 was only 3 years. No doubt this game is far away but probably not THAT far.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Phils whole supporting the ecosystem for the first two or so years being crossgenis starting to make so much sense now. Forza, Fable, State of Decay, Hellblade and Obsidians games are all probably Late 2022 to 2023.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Good to see that their not announcing stuff too early spiel was just a covenient lie.
Yeah. A lot of Phil's past quotes have come back to haunt him today.

Screenshot_2020-07-24_at_00.45.12.png

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely seemed early but early pre-production is pretty nuts since it's been over two years already since SoD2.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
SOD2 was fine, they had the base but needed improvements, i see SOD3 being a much better title. Dont expect it at least 2023+ tho.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't too surprising given that 2 isn't that old and the fact that the trailer didn't really give much information on the game. I am surprised they opted to announce it now if that's the case though.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Some of what Xbox shown today feels super early (all the CGI is a giveaway). Surprised they are announcing stuff that is 3 years out.
I mean I'm not surprised.

Microsoft had to announce something, yeah it's early but they couldn't go another show saying nothing about what's happening with their first party.

Oct 27, 2017
Theory: For games that come to GamePass, there is no such thing as "too early" when announcing new games. We'll see how this works out.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've never been a fan of this sort of announcements, but to be fair look at the fan reception of something like E3 2015 by Sony which teased a 2019 and a 2020 game respectively. COVID-19 clearly screwed up plans for everyone, so both Sony and Microsoft presented a lot of dateless stuff that who knows when will become actual games. Not a fan of these announcements, but at least on Microsoft's side there's the fact that all these games will eventually be on Game Pass, so if you commit to the service you'll get your hands on the games eventually.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Publishers need to stop showing games that are barely in pre-production, it's stupid as hell.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely no point in showing it then. Comments like this really make me feel like Microsoft haven't got their ducks in a row.
Games a way off, CG trailers and hardly any gameplay and even when we did get gameplay, there were technical issues or the games flat out didn't look next gen.

Oct 27, 2017
Just out of interest what exactly do game developers do in pre-production? Plan and design what the game will look like before actually implementing it?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
With state of Decay 2 releasing in 2018 + DLC and the Juggernaut Edition this is most likely releasing in 2023.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I was referring to the previous statement of not showing games too early. Now that Microsoft owns these studios, they'll show these games too early.

MS was the publisher of those games, even when they didn't own the studios. They decided when games get shown, not other people.

It's really not that complicated. Statements from execs that defend or argue against certain business decisions are not some guiding pillar of truth.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I tend to agree. It lets subscribers see what's coming down the pike. Who cares if it's early? Would the game somehow be better if it hadn't gotten a CG trailer?

Right? Don't get the too early comments? Movies have announcements all the time without filming a single frame. I appreciate knowing about future endeavors. Is it because you don't have patience and upset over that?

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People got mad at them for not announcing what their studios are working on and now people are mad for the opposite. I guess they can't win with (certain) posters here.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Ages away and still a lot to prove.

Here's to hoping some city environments and something of a main narrative (outside of Trumball Valley) return.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Phils whole supporting the ecosystem for the first two or so years being crossgenis starting to make so much sense now. Forza, Fable, State of Decay, Hellblade and Obsidians games are all probably Late 2022 to 2023.

inexile and the initiative projects are evee more far away...
so, what to expect Microsoft studios for 2021 and early 2022?
nothing??
something doesn't look right in MGS for me.
that halo demo was really bad and is a game with 5 years of production.