• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Do huh?

I don't want it to be a battle royal. I love the OG game. Just said it would work as a mode.

Sorry Landy28, I didn't want to come of as an a**hole... thinking about it, having Zombie NPC thrown in a Battle Royal mode would indeed spice things up but I pretty sure they are not going that route... They are adding coop and I think this is a big enough challenge for them to make it right. I really hope it works properly at launch and we don't have to wait 3 weeks for a patch to fix things like so many games this gen...

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
When you have an upcoming game and say shit like "we need your help", it's reasonable to assume a beta or something. Not a craptacular marketing op...

Oct 28, 2017
As a huge video montage developer, this is major news to me. Wait. Actually no. Because the prize is game merchandise and they get a badass, professional-quality video out of it to hype up the game. Should be cash prize.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
If you say "very important" announcement and say you need our help and then tease it for two weeks, you expect something. They've literally been hinting at this for two weeks, they said on instagram to keep checking Facebook, then on Facebook they said very important information would be coming "tomorrow". They literally teased and hyped up a video montage contest.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Again, while it's understandable to get one's hopes up, Undead Labs never said major announcements themselves. A pinned message in Discord says,

"We thought we'd be able to give you new stuff this month. It might not happen because again, the process is set. But we want to (us AND MSFT). It's just a matter of waiting for that gate to unlock."

This contest is just giving fans something to do while waiting.

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA
If you say "very important" announcement and say you need our help and then tease it for two weeks, you expect something. They've literally been hinting at this for two weeks, they said on instagram to keep checking Facebook, then on Facebook they said very important information would be coming "tomorrow". They literally teased and hyped up a video montage contest.

I'd get a new PR/Marketing person to replace who ever did this mess.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Again, while it's understandable to get one's hopes up, Undead Labs never said major announcements themselves. A pinned message in Discord says,

"We thought we'd be able to give you new stuff this month. It might not happen because again, the process is set. But we want to (us AND MSFT). It's just a matter of waiting for that gate to unlock."

This contest is just giving fans something to do while waiting.
They teased it on Instagram 2 weeks ago saying to watch their Facebook page with "#stateofdecay2" and said on Facebook something "very important" would be announced tomorrow. It's not cool to do that much hype for a video montage contest. Whoever is in charge of marketing should be fired.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Is this game coming out this year? Having my doubts, they have shown a 4minute trailer thats all
Game is almost finished according to Undead Labs, Game was rated by ESRB and they said they are ready to show gameplay but Microsoft keeps telling them not yet.

"Pretty sure it's coming out in Spring. I wish I could give you a reason we've been so quiet, we'd love to share stuff with you but Microsoft is telling us we have to wait. Please be patient with us until we're allowed to say anything." This was from a few weeks ago.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
A pinned message in Discord says,

This is so weird though. Both Undead Labs and MS want to give us new stuff but are somehow unable to, because the process, which is set by them, is set. The gate, that they have the keys to, is locked.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
This is so weird though. Both Undead Labs and MS want to give us new stuff but are somehow unable to, because the process, which is set by them, is set. The gate, that they have the keys to, is locked.
I think they said somewhere that Microsoft has a marketing embargo (with dates) for Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 and Undead is not allowed to share any information until Microsoft allows them to.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
They teased it on Instagram 2 weeks ago saying to watch their Facebook page with "#stateofdecay2" and said on Facebook something "very important" would be announced tomorrow. It's not cool to do that much hype for a video montage contest. Whoever is in charge of marketing should be fired.
I'm disappointed, too, honestly. But their wording in their Twitter and Facebook posts never led me to expect major news on the game. "Very important call to action" and "We need your help" does not mean release date or beta announcement.
Yeah, I don't get it either.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
All of that waiting....for a video montage contest? The hell? How is that a "major" announcement? Most people were thinking beta or release date info, etc.

A video montage contest isn't really something you need to "hype" up imo.

Nov 14, 2017
This ongoing problem with Microsoft it almost like they are afraid to show off games. This game coming out in a few months, and barely any live footage of the game online. Supposedly the single player map is three times as large as the last one., so not like they are scrapping footage. I hope they polish the graphics for the final release, all that brown colour environment was offputting.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
They'll announce the release date and some details on the game a week after its released at this rate.

They've gone from announcing things years before to nothing, I'm sure there's a happy middle ground they could work out somewhere.

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Lol, I was expecting a beta by looking at their post. Instead got a video contest. I feel like I have been trolled.

Edit: Undead Labs right now - trololololol. XD.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think its weird as fuck to capture new footage of an old game to shocase the new game. Has the new game changed so little that old gameplay could represent it? (I also may be dumb as hell and not understanding this promo)