• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
zojirushi-rice-cooker-c.jpg

Rice while it's cooking and right when it's done.

Also, the grainy yeasty smell of a brewery. One of the many reasons I like brewery tours.

This picture has tricked my brain into smelling rice

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I really love the smell of cumin. I'm sad I can't wear any cumin heavy perfumes because a lot of people think it smells like body odor.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Freshly steamed white rice right out of the cooker.

My wife often makes white sticky rice right before she goes to bed. I come home late and turn it off then mix it up. It's a subtle but great smell. I can't help but taking a few bites myself.

Oct 27, 2017
sawdust AKA woodshop class in middleschool

sSVCrb7PS4mq9Dt1OVIw_shopclass.0.1534624713.jpg

found this pretentious description on Google search :

"The Smell of Sawdust sheds thoughtful and revealing light on the colorful parentage of contemporary evangelicalism. If you detect fondness, even a hint of nostalgia, you're right. ... The Smell of Sawdust is gentle and deeply personal."

LOL WUT

Last edited:

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
When you blow a candle out and there's that distinctive smell.
Smoked garlic. Why is this not more of a thing?
Burnt/hot dust from electronics or lights.
Some people are going to HATE me for this one, but my parents have run a butcher's shop for my entire 43 yr old life, and when I smell that distinctive smell of cold meat in a butcher's shop.... It's not a NICE smell...But man, the nostalgia.

Oct 28, 2017
I have a weird list of unintentionally pleasant smells:

- Gasoline
- Rubber
- Burning wood
- Grocery store freezers
- Levothyroxine..... Seriously, it smells like butter.
I just got my prescription refilled and as soon as I saw this post I huffed it. The plastic smells more like something than the actual pills do, in my opinion. My immediate family makes fun of me for having a hyperactive sense of smell. I'll try again once the tea is gone, chai scent/taste is probably blocking me from picking up anything.

Mine are more prosaic:

- rice while it is cooking
- citrus tree blossom
- rain or frost in the air before it rains or snows
- old books
- new socks
- new electronic devices/plastic
- my cat's forehead

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I just got my prescription refilled and as soon as I saw this post I huffed it. The plastic smells more like something than the actual pills do, in my opinion. My immediate family makes fun of me for having a hyperactive sense of smell. I'll try again once the tea is gone, chai scent/taste is probably blocking me from picking up anything.
It's weird. It's only a specific type of levothyroxine. It's the 112 mcg version- pink- and I believe the manufacturer is Sandoz. The bottle we have has almost chalky, soft pills (or that might be the dust from the bottom), and every time I open the bottle and pour them to count I get a scent resembling butter. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I love it. |3;;

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird. It's only a specific type of levothyroxine. It's the 112 mcg version- pink- and I believe the manufacturer is Sandoz. The bottle we have has almost chalky, soft pills (or that might be the dust from the bottom), and every time I open the bottle and pour them to count I get a scent resembling butter. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I love it. |3;;
Oh, okay! I'm on a much lower dose, 50 mcg 6 days a week because my level was starting to test a bit on the high side. Unless I have something catastrophic happen with my glands I probably won't ever get to sniff the pink one.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
This little plant right here. Wild Rosemary I've been just told is the english name. It's the smell of arctic marshlands.

9423.jpg

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
There's a lot of unpleasant smells that go under appreciated. Can we all just picture the smell garbage water for one moment? Like that rancid gag-worthy stench that leaves an inevitable frown on your face?

be7040c2cdecab40c92b4e1833fb700c.jpg

People hate that smell, it's so unbelievably bad. It's the worst of the worst(with OsakaDon's silent but deadly coming in close) and we can't wait to get rid of it, or get away from it. Deep down in your heart, you know you need rancid garbage smell in your database of smells, it's the contrasting smell that makes all other smells(except for OsakaDon's silent but deadly) deep-breath worthy.

I appreciate smelly-ass garbage water. When I come across it I always say "aw man that's terrible", but I know that it's a scent so strong, so powerful it shouldn't go unappreciated, and the best part is it's done nothing wrong. It actually took a bunch of individual, decomposing, mushy things and brought them together to form a community of murky teamwork. You could go as far as calling it a symbol of togetherness, co-operation and free expression. It's family.

Family is garbage water.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Fresh cut cypress. I cut thousands of feet of cypress board one summer and loved every second of it. I worked with a lot of woods but that one always stood out.