• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017

Finally!

From the user choywh on the UNIEL subreddit:

This image was shown at the end of the tournament stream and the stream ended immediately after.

However, there were some new information given by developers after the stream ended according to twitter posts by people at the venue. There is currently no actual proof that is not just made up but I feel like I should put this here.

There will balance changes and bugfixes to come, and they are currently working on new character(s) (not specified number), and there will be an update to all platforms. There is no specified date so we do not know when this supposed update is coming, so it could be coming to all platforms along with the steam release or after or even next year.

Basically nothing new but just reassuring fans that they are not going to stop supporting the UNI franchise probably.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
I knew it, i was REALLY tempted to buy the previous version on the Steam summer sale, but i didn't.
I think it's not the first updated version to be announced after the Steam summer sale.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Nice. Almost bought the old version on the sale but I'm glad I waited now. I'm looking forward to finally getting a fighting game that has a hyphen, a colon, brackets, AND caps in the title.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2728264-5447345914-4fcXO.gif

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
A full combination of capital letters, colon punctuation, brackets, and words that make no sense. That's one of the most Japanese video game titles that I've ever seen.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Buy this game folks, easily one of the best anime fighter out there. Simple mechanics and a robust tutorials of like...170 lessons that teaches everything including input shortcuts, etc.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
For people who find it hard to get into fighters: this game has a ton
of really good tutorial stuff. Probably the best in the genre in that regard.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna write this game down in case people say SE make the worst videogame name in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
FINALLY!

I'll gladly double dip on this. It's the best anime fighter I've ever played--it just feels so good to play.

Also, that rumor of more new characters and balance changes in the future is very interesting.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also, that rumor of more new characters and balance changes in the future is very interesting.
It makes sense seeing as Cross Tag Battle has an totally new UNIST stage not in the games yet. Hopefully it's an expansion to [st] and not a full on new game (if it had new story content it would be great too but I doubt it)

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense seeing as Cross Tag Battle has an totally new UNIST stage not in the games yet. Hopefully it's an expansion to [st] and not a full on new game (if it had new story content it would be great too but I doubt it)
Also, Londrekia Light is a datamined character (which a website earlier this year accidentally leaked his official character select art), uses ice magic with a staff, since the characters normally come in waves of two, I wonder who's the other one, I'd love to see Uzuki fighting with the umbrella.

https://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Londrekia_Light

Nov 1, 2017
Cool. Buying and playing BB: CTB I was sad that the only real fun was from the UNIEL characters. Wish I could go back and unpurchase the game and wait for this.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's got crossplay right.
Nothing announced, but I sincerely doubt it. Hopefully UNIELst can come to other platforms and incorporate crossplay then (at least so there can be a PC/Switch/XB1 pool to match up with the PS4/PS3/Vita pool), but French-Bread itself is a pretty small dev, and the port, even if assisted by Arc System Works, likely isn't being worked on by many people. So hopefully, but don't count on it.

In any case, great news! Been looking to get into this game for a better proper starting point for anime fighters.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of crossplay for fighting games on PC does not make any sense to me.

Will get this regardless tho. Uniel was my favorite fighting game period for a long time.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
The lack of crossplay for fighting games on PC does not make any sense to me.

Will get this regardless tho. Uniel was my favorite fighting game period for a long time.

It's extremely frustrating I feel your pain. I just default to PS4 ver of most fighting games due to this issue. I guess they just got no monies to invest into infrastructure

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet. I used to not give two shits about this game until I saw it in action. It's quickly become one of my favorites.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty big for me. I bought the PS4 release, but I let my best friend's little brother borrow it to practice.

But a Steam release for this? Totally deserved (I probably like this game the most out of most modern fighters even if I'm ass at it, ya'll better buy this)

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
Finally. I've been wanting this game on steam for so long and now it's finally coming.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
Okay, I'll try to explain the title, it's pretty much complicated, but here we go:
  • In the universe of this game a phenomenon called "Hollow Night" occurs every month. During this event the boundary between the human world and dark dimension stirs, and Voids, the shadow-like creatures, start hunting for human souls.
  • People attacked by Void have a chance to get infected and become one of them, but if under special circumstances someone manages to maintain their sanity and humanoid form, they become Fake Borns (persons neither dead nor alive), or In-Births.
  • All In-Births have ability to control the supernatural energy called EXS (or "Exist"), basically "the source of all things".
  • In a certain place there's a source of enormous amount of EXS (= absolute power), which attracts numerous Voids and In-Births.
And so, under the Hollow Night In-Births begin their movement. Have no idea what the rest of this title means, sorry.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only crossplay fighting games in the community are SFV and KI... this really needs to change, but at the same time it's not that necessary.

I've been playing fighting games on STEAM for about 10 years now.
>150 concurrent users is playable online as long as you don't live in a far off region or a region with a lack of players. Wait times are a bit long between matches and you get matched up with consistently with the same person.
>500 concurrent players you have less down time and are able to usually find matches with a bigger variety of people if you live in a region with less fighting game players.
>1000 concurrent is pretty healthy. You consistently get matches with ease in most areas while playing with a variety of people

There are plenty of fighting games on STEAM that sit around 150-1000 concurrent players.

Right now the only 3 with more than that consistently are
Tekken 7 = This is the most popular. It hits over 3000 players daily.
SFV and DBFZ are the others. They have between 1000-2000 daily.
MKX and Injustice 2 are usually over 600.
And most of your other relevent Japanese fighters sit over 120 and usually hit 250-500 on peak hours.

I've lived on the east coast and west coast and have never had issues with finding matches with these numbers. I can't speak for people in other regions though.

Yes crossplay is sorely needed, but it's not near as grim of a situation as people make it out to be. Yes there are obscure 2D Japanese fighters on here or old iterations of game like UNIEL that have very low numbers online... but it's like that on consoles as well.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people act so surprised, cross play is expensive for devs (they have to host their own servers iirc).

It's not something they activate for free and call it a day.

Out of the Japanese devs only Capcom has tried it with SFV (a game backed by Sony money) and even they ditched it for MVCI.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Crossplay really opens up the variety of players but yah, it's almost assuredly pricey so the Fighter conquest of PC (Home Of The Big-Ass Multiplayer Populations), remains a foothold, sadly.

For people who find it hard to get into fighters: this game has a ton
of really good tutorial stuff. Probably the best in the genre in that regard.

That doesn't sell Fighters, silly billy! That's an excuse for not buying or Gitting Gud if its not there!

Last edited: