• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
There are tons of things to love about this site - from the transparency of the admin team to being notified when someone quotes or "mentions" you, etc. etc. etc.

But what are some of the things that you stumbled upon that make your life easier? I'll start...

If you want to quote a part of someone's post but not the whole thing, just highlight the section you want to quote and a "Quote / Reply" box pops up. Hit Reply and it will ONLY quote the part you selected in your reply. Pretty cool!

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Double click on your own posts to edit.

edit: It is not working for me anymore.

Raptor Jesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its funny how many people were used to 10 year-old forum software of a certain forum and feel like they are in the future when using an up-to-date forum.

Did you people never visit other forums?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Long quotes get auto spoilered now.

I don't think this works well for mobile, but for PC users, this is pretty nice. :D

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Its funny how many people were used to 10 year-old forum software of a certain forum and feel like they are in the future when using an up-to-date forum.

Did you people never visit other forums?

Certainly I did but none of them had the volume of posts and replies. Plenty of forums out there with newer Xenforo and other implementations with no one posting (really necessitating that "oh, someone quoted me?" function).
So nice to have the best of both worlds now!

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorting the threads by Start Date is pretty great when not visiting the site in a few hours.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to block threads with certain keywords? There was a great TamperMonkey script I used on the old forum, wondering if there's something similar for this site.