• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the battlepass need coming from? I've seen it tossed around but can't find a source.
The week after you'll see the release of progression and what we call the Proto-Battle Pass. This beta Battle Pass will let us iterate on the system with you and get your feedback on what works and what doesn't plus what kind of content you'd like the Season 1 Battle Pass to include.
Edit: Damn.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Second game I ever won. I'm really amazed at how fun this game is oO

rCDEjBV.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So is the warlock global item totally useless? I never pick it up, almost seems like it should be redone.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
only been playing on and off due to TFT but in my testing, savages with the bleed passive absolutely mauls knights

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I had a blast messing around with a bloodlust build. Only got 3rd but it was super comical seeing gigantic ogres and warlocks running around the board.

Really excited about the update tomorrow and the battlepass next week too. I wonder if Valve is going to do some sort of discounted battlepass since it is a beta or if they are going to price it like they would price a normal one.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
F661730F928C35F527FF5DFB8675F4FFB979D11D

Retaliate (the Scaled global item) is insane. Slarder did so much damage main tanking. 6 hunters, 3 warriors and one random QWOP. That's a fun build.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So is the warlock global item totally useless? I never pick it up, almost seems like it should be redone.
If you have 2 2* Ogre Magis, are facing assassins or a little of both it totally isn't. Enemies basically do half damage in this case, and if you have the bonus for life steal your roster goes down far slower then your enemies. You have no idea how many times it saved my ass from near death.

F661730F928C35F527FF5DFB8675F4FFB979D11D

Retaliate (the Scaled global item) is insane. Slarder did so much damage main tanking. 6 hunters, 3 warriors and one random QWOP. That's a fun build.
I keep hearing good things about it, might try this out next game.
I had a blast messing around with a bloodlust build. Only got 3rd but it was super comical seeing gigantic ogres and warlocks running around the board.

Really excited about the update tomorrow and the battlepass next week too. I wonder if Valve is going to do some sort of discounted battlepass since it is a beta or if they are going to price it like they would price a normal one.
I saw a video of this strat and it was insane. Giant Ogre just blasting through everything in one shot. Also gotta try an Arc warden build, this one guy had like 15-20 of em on the board just pumping out clone after clone.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017

Warlock is just pretty flawed in general right now. The problem is that lategame comps do 2 things really well
  1. focus damage (hunters and mages(
  2. aoe and/or aoe stun
both of those really cut against lifesteal, which requires the unit to take incremental damage to give you value. I think Lifesteal is decent until like... level 6.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Warlock is just pretty flawed in general right now. The problem is that lategame comps do 2 things really well
  1. focus damage (hunters and mages(
  2. aoe and/or aoe stun
both of those really cut against lifesteal, which requires the unit to take incremental damage to give you value. I think Lifesteal is decent until like... level 6.
Level 5 really. Level 6 only if you had great RNG with minimal rerolls, managed to work the interest to your favor and leveled up earlier than others.

W1SSY

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to see them add aghanims as an item that gives each hero another skill. Mostly just because I want axe to have counter helix...

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN

Wow. Can't believe I did it. Hit Boss V last night and then proceeded to drop all the way down to Boss II this morning. Slowly rose to Boss IV with some top half finishes and then forced Trolls/Knights + Necrophos for three straight wins.

Excited to see what tomorrow's update brings!

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
only been playing on and off due to TFT but in my testing, savages with the bleed passive absolutely mauls knights
Savages wreck house. Got double buff, nothing can stop em

Wow. Can't believe I did it. Hit Boss V last night and then proceeded to drop all the way down to Boss II this morning. Slowly rose to Boss IV with some top half finishes and then forced Trolls/Knights + Necrophos for three straight wins.

nice-ah

battle pass still so far away doe

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017

Gratz. I'm still stuck at Boss II. Hoping to get a bit higher. Big boss seems like it might be a grind.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
HOT DOGS, UPDATES, AND FIREWORKS
GENERAL:
  • Added Scoreboard. Defaults to TAB on the PC.
  • Added Leaderboards. Welcome, Lords of White Spire.
  • Further lighting tweaks to the board to brighten it up.
  • Update Notes can now be found from inside the game.
  • Season Info: Heroes' Ability info now shows damage type
  • New Kill Streak FX.
  • Unit VO is now spatialized (Audio will closely match where the unit is located).
  • Enabled additional sounds in unit combat.
  • Yo, Reddit: Versus, Round Over and Round Start screens will close on any non-UI click or ESC keypress.
  • Yo, Reddit: Versus, Round Over and Round Start screens won't appear if the user is dragging units or items.
  • Many UI improvements have been done.
  • Added description of how the Hero Pool works to the Season Info UI.
  • Hero stat changes from basic items is now shown during combat as well during preparing.
  • Fixed Terrorblade Rank 2 and Rank 3 not updating his model after casting Metamorphosis.
MOBILE:
  • Added Battery Status.
  • Fixed play/pause buttons disappearing.
  • Added Tap to Move option: For those who like to tap to place instead of dragging on the board.
  • Added Battery Saver mode.
  • Can now query a hero's ability from the shop.
  • More performance improvements.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed Demon Hunters not doing their jobs and leaving enemy demons with their buff on.
  • Fixed Techies planting their bomb in the wrong location.
  • Fixed all known AI Pathing issues.
  • Level 9: Tier 2 odds 30% -> 25%, Tier 3 odds 25% -> 30%
  • Level 11: Tier 1 odds 10% -> 13%, Tier 2 odds 15% -> 20%, Tier 3 odds 30% -> 25%, Tier 5 odds 15% -> 12%
  • Round will continue for another second once the last unit dies, giving the other team a chance for a last minute kill to force a draw.
Reworked Streaks:
  • Lose streak gold:
      • 3-4 losses – 1 gold
      • 5-6 losses – 2 gold
      • 7+ losses – 3 gold
    • To:
      • 3-4 losses – 1 gold
      • 5+ losses – 2 gold
  • Win streaks gold:
      • 3-4 wins – 1 gold
      • 5-6 wins – 2 gold
      • 7+ wins – 3 gold
    • To:
      • 3-4 wins – 1 gold
      • 5-6 wins – 2 gold
      • 7 wins – 3 gold
      • 8 wins – 4 gold
  • Win streaks reset at 8 wins.

Item Changes:
  • Added Force Staff: Tier 3 Support Item - Push an enemy unit 6 cells in a random direction. (10s cooldown)
  • Added Scythe of Vyse: Tier 4 Support Item - When the equipped hero takes damage, transform the offending unit into a pig for 4s. (15s cooldown)
  • Added Big-Time Contract: Tier 2 Support Item - Equipped unit is Blood-bound in addition to its other types.
  • Silver Lining: Now reads "Get 1 charge when you win a fight. When you lose a fight, if charges remain, get 1 gold and lose 1 charge."
  • Shaman Pluck: Chance increased from 5% to 17%.
  • Blink Dagger:
    • Now generates 50 mana when activated.
    • Cooldown reduced from 60s to 15s.
  • Tooth and Claw: Fixed not stacking correctly.
  • Coordinated Assault: It should be truly coordinated since it actually works now.
Hero Changes:
  • Medusa:
    • Split Shot:
      • Now applies item effects on secondary shots.
  • Lycan:
    • Summon Wolves:
      • Fixed not applying health buff correctly.
  • Venomancer:
    • Health increased from [500, 1000, 2000] to [550, 1100, 2200]
    • Summon Plague Ward:
      • Summon Count increased from 1 Ward to [1, 2, 4] Wards.
      • Ward is always Rank 1.
      • Cast Point reduced from 0.5s to 0.13s.
      • Cooldown increased from 5 to [5, 6, 7].
      • Wards have 50% magic resistance.
  • Disruptor:
    • Alliances changed from Brawny Shaman to Brawny Shaman Warlock.
    • Static Storm:
      • Also blinds the targets inside the cloud for a 25% miss
    • chance.
  • Mr. Warlock:
    • Shadow Word:
      • Cast Point reduced from 0.5s to 0.4s.
      • Cooldown reduced from 20s to 6s.
      • Damage from [ 100, 150, 200 ] to [ 50, 100, 150 ].
      • Heal from [ 75, 150, 200 ] to [ 50, 125, 175 ].
      • Duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
Alliance Changes:
  • Warlock:
    • Now reads: Whenever a Warlock casts a spell, they form a link with the Ally who has the lowest health for 3 seconds. When either linked hero deals damage, both units are healed [50, 100, 150]% of the damage dealt.
  • Shaman:
    • Now requires 3 Shamans (up from 2).
    • Now reads: Enemies affected by Hexes, Silences or Stuns will generate -200% mana when attacked.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Shaman nerf with that bonus raise, Disruptor gaining the warlock alliance is a great change, and holy shit at that blood bound item. Anybody and everybody can gain a bloodhound bonus now, just imagine a Blood Bound boosted knight hero. Downloading ASAP. Argh, mobile is stuck on a loop telling me to download the update. Uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times but nothing changed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strange that they'd nerf the Shaman like that. I like that the rest stays the same instead of insta-nerfing the Knights for example.
That Warlock change looks very interesting.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
- they nerfed the hell out of lose streaking and silver lining. almost where it might not even be a thing anymore.
- Blink Dagger seems really good now.
- Veno seems quite a bit better.
- Shaman alliance seems even more terrible.
- Warlock alliance seems worse now.
- Techies no longer being an idiot is a welcome change. although I still hate going inventors.
- new items are really cool although they dilute the pool a bit more.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
When an ally hits a certain health threshold, warlocks form a link with the Allies [2, 4, 6] who have the lowest health for 4 seconds. When either linked hero deals damage, all units are healed [50, 100, 150]% of the damage dealt.

Fixed warlocks, since they somehow made them even worse than before.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Scoreboard is great and easily accessible.
Desktop_Screenshot_2019.07.04_-_11.06.52.77.png
Yeah this does wonders for mobile, if you play this long enough you can recognize heroes just from the head sprites, greatly reducing the need to skim the boards for the pool chances.
- they nerfed the hell out of lose streaking and silver lining. almost where it might not even be a thing anymore.
- Blink Dagger seems really good now.
- Veno seems quite a bit better.
- Shaman alliance seems even more terrible.
- Warlock alliance seems worse now.
- Techies no longer being an idiot is a welcome change. although I still hate going inventors.
- new items are really cool although they dilute the pool a bit more.
Venomancer buff and Disruptor gaining the Warlock attribute means the complete opposite. I love running crazy strats, and think about it for a sec. Brawny and Warlock global items and alliance bonuses, AOEs bouncing around with Disruptor gaining the kill count, and wham 3* Disruptor with madlad tier health gains. I am gonna ruin so many people's days if I pull this off.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
When an ally hits a certain health threshold, warlocks form a link with the Allies [2, 4, 6] who have the lowest health for 4 seconds. When either linked hero deals damage, all units are healed [50, 100, 150]% of the damage dealt.

Fixed warlocks, since they somehow made them even worse than before.
This should be a decent buff. lifesteal didn't heal from spells.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I played the game for like 2 hours before I realized the dudes can be leveled up. Need a tutorial badly

Nov 1, 2017
Drooling thinking about Blood Bound Slark. I already consider him the most undervalued unit in the game and I think it'll be an amazing buff for him. Give him the Warlock buff and he may just tear every team apart.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A Blood Bound Terrorblade seems really scary.
Can confirm it is. I got 3 of those Bloodbound items plus the demon global. My lvl 3 Terror, lvl 2 Shadowfiend and Doom all got the item, I still had the warlock and put him in front so he died immediately to get everyone else the buff.

Shit was insane.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
My druids stopped working after I got one of them to level 2. Somebody else said the patch was buggy earlier so I guess that's one

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
My druids stopped working after I got one of them to level 2. Somebody else said the patch was buggy earlier so I guess that's one

Game just patched that

• Fixed crash when loading into a match.
  • Fixed Druid Alliance not upgrading Druids correctly.
  • Fixed Win/Loss record updating at the wrong time.
  • Completing the Cycle now stacks properly.
  • Summoning Stone now stacks properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.