• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I think the last big update might have killed my love for the game. Pretty much stripped a lot of what I liked about it, feels like a totally different game. Every game since hasn't been fun :(

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Some of y'all are sleeping with the best comp right now.

Primordials/Shaman/TB

Doesn't matter how many 3 star assassin or knights you have. You'll be a chicken while TB/AW is doing TB/AW things.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Is it reasonable to say that you should try and achieve some balance between melee and ranged/magic units? Has anyone managed to consistently win without some meat shields up front? I can't seem to make nine-unit alliances work because they usually lack tanks.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
For the longest time I was underestimating placement on the bored. But damn it feels good when in the final two and losing your ass off but then make a small placement change and squeak out the win.

Was playing against a guy going bloodbound/brawny and for some reason he was putting his Beastmaster front and center, so I just placed my unit with Scythe right in front of him and all of a sudden I was able to deal 17 damage to him and win the game.

Felt good.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a general, basic placement guide available? I usually place my tankiest heroes front and center...

I'm not really sure. I think that's find a majority of the time. When it gets down to the final 3 or 4 and you know what your facing it becomes a little more possible to position stuff. Spread stuff out if you're facing a lot of aoe damage, split tanks for assassins and stuff like that.

Positioning in my case was able to just work out because I was able to specifically take out his main unit right away by being able to poly him.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a general, basic placement guide available? I usually place my tankiest heroes front and center...
If you have a ⭐⭐⭐ Pudge or Axe with Blade Mail or a tide with helm then you can leave them mid /front/center

Typically I see the pros picking a side because that way you can have frontliners who are not exposed to side and back attacks but will still tend to move forward and you can generally see a more even distribution or predictable damage progression. It all depends if your tanks are disposable like Tide who is only going to use his ult once or you need them to last a long time like a Necro.

TQM3ubu.jpg

I'm still not sure which heroes have a tendency to advance faster vs stay still, but you can check the aoe of range heroes attack by clicking on them. If they can attack from their range then they will not break formation. It's confounded even more by blink and initiation speed. Some Assassins go instantly sometimes they are interrupted by other Assassins or blinkers. Knights tend to stay in formation. Of course I'm stuck with dumbass units that walk all around the board looking for engagements then turning around.

One of my suggestions is for the board to tilt slightly downwards so the top team going down will have a tendency to advance and the team fighting from the bottom would have miss chance uphill and cannot simply turtle.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing that tremendously improved my game was to get more familiar with the range of some units. Not all ranged units are equal, and putting a 3 range unit 3 squares away from the frontline means they will have to walk until they find someone to shoot at, wasting time and often putting themselves in danger.
On the other hand, a 3 range unit 1 square away from the frontline will be protected from the melee attackers by its meatshield, but could be exposed to unnecessary attacks by the enemy's range units. Ideally, a ranged unit with limited range should have one line of melee attackers available to shot at from the beginning of combat, and only move once they're down.
Then, it also depends at what distance the enemy's meatshields are, and whether they have a lot of ranged units or not. And if they have assassins, and if you have assassins.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Helm of the Undying:
  • Undying units, if they are in the undying state, will never deal damage to the opponent, but will still count when determining which side won a round.

Item seems garbage now

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon Hunter Level 2 Alliance (2 heroes) - changed from "Invalidate your opponent's Demon Alliance bonus. All Demon units gain +50% Pure Damage. All Demon Hunters gain +50% Pure Damage." to "Invalidate your opponent's Demon Alliance bonus. All Demon and Demon Hunter units gain +50% Pure Damage." This means that Terroblade no longer gets the double bonus.
⚰ 👿

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't people asking for the ability to select a unit on the scoreboard and see all instances of it?

You got your wish.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had a lot of luck with 9 elusives today, even without TB. They're also quite easy to assemble when everyone is focused on getting all the knights.
The only time I struggle is when I fight 2 Assassin players, but fortunately that's rare.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, you can click on units on the scoreboard and see all of them now. I'll just pretend that someone from Valve reads this thread and it was all because I mentioned it recently.

Nice little hunter buff as well.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the Hunter buff seems unnecessary for 3 units, I wish they'd change up the 6 unit buff a bit, though I'll admit I am curious to see how the extra 5% works out. RIP TB

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Helm of the Undying:
  • Undying units, if they are in the undying state, will never deal damage to the opponent, but will still count when determining which side won a round.

Item seems garbage now
It still works on bloodseeker/slark to go berzerk for 4s with max attack speed and you still get the win damage against your opponent if you win. It's just doesn't count as an extra damage as if the hero is alive

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is probably the funniest comp I had in a while. Three contracts and going full Shaman buff. So many chickens and my team were a bunch of giants. I didn't even break 100k damage, lol.

2162B4D22E736444D63F249F4E3099BB81D7CBEE

5C43023C5A8E9940AD45FC33BE997405DF4C768D

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤
🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤 🐔
🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤
🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤 🐔
🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤
🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤 🐔
🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤
🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤🐔🐤 🐔

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Ah shit. First time I've lost with a TB3/AW/Tide Hunter comp. Only got bested by 3 star hunters.

Was 1 tide away from a 3 star tide.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Why would they nerf 9 elusives?
It's only minor nerf but still doesn't make sense imo, they're not easy to set up, not even that strong
Has 2 natural counters

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Why would they nerf 9 elusives?
It's only minor nerf but still doesn't make sense imo, they're not easy to set up, not even that strong
Has 2 natural counters

Yeah, especially if you're aiming for 3 stars on these elusives. Inventory always full.

got beaten just now by someone with 3 mages and a gyro. It was close though. He has 6hp left.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
No actual Helm of the Undying nerf? I guess it's going to be another week of level 3 Bloodseekers everywhere.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
i think I just hit 14 or 15 lol

Brawny+Hunter is such a comfy comp, though I really dislike Jugg/Disruptor and the weird middle ground where you have to really fish for all 4.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
Playing Underlord while also doing my Duty finders in FF14.
Got 1st, 7th and 3rd.

Both 7th and 3rd was because i was losing focus on Underlord while doing boss fights in FF14 lol.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
TFW you get 7 streaks just by beating the first guy 1v1.

I think he panicked at the end, he sold 2 of his knights for a Gyro and Techies lol

Does "Regeneration" also count as "Healing" ? If so, then Dawning of Ritsul is bad for scrappy.

nAcxd8Y.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk, lifesteal/regen/healing all seem to be the same

I just use warlocks all the time if I have any of those quests

Never tried it, but I imagine Ritsul nerfs MoM Slark and BS

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the life steal mission, who does that? Necrophos? Or all warlocks?
I guess I'll have to take a break from assassins/elusives for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.