• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Any speculation about how the underlords are going to work? I've read that there will probably be talent trees for each underlord. Do you think they'll maybe move some of the global items to the underlords?

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Brawny/Hunter is fun when noone else are picking them lol

e9l14vN.jpg

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm surprised so many people like MoM on Sniper. It doesn't feel that good to me. Sniper deleting a unit with Assassinate feels so much better

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I was dominating the whole game and this guy just beat my ass in the 1v1.
He picked up Pudge the very last round and it hooked my Giant Arc Warden 3 lol. If I've seen it I would have moved Arc abit.

2Xdi8ue.jpg

AW3 with x5 blood one-shotting 3 stars was a sight to behold though.

I'm surprised so many people like MoM on Sniper. It doesn't feel that good to me. Sniper deleting a unit with Assassinate feels so much better

Because MoM on Sniper3 is much better. His assassinate takes too long.
Only better on 3star though.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

If you don't have a suitable target then it's pretty good. Like Radec said Assassinate can be really detrimental, and the AI will sometimes target an almost dead target. It can be great against powerful backlines (like similar hunter comps) or a slow healing comp like warlocks + whatever. Otherwise his pure damage is killer

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 4.5s it takes to aim and fire is 4.5s of no dps, especially if the target dies and he acquires a new target. That's another 3s of no dps.
I mean if you have hyper specific needs like killing a back row Arc Warden or Korner Kotl, maybe, but I don't like it. Especially if you have Hunter/Troll alliance going

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Back to back wins... Feels good! Getting the +5 interest gold going makes a huge difference as the game goes on. Brawny+Warrior+whoever both times as well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shira tier list Aug 11

🐍: 🧙‍♂️/🧙‍♀️, ⚠+🛡, ⚠+🔒
🥇: 🐾+🐻, 🐉🐉, 🚎🚎, 🐔+🌈, 💪💪
🥈: 🧝‍♂️+🧝‍♀️, 🥊+👮‍♂️, 🏇+🏇, 🐟+🐟,👿+👮‍♂️
🥉: 🆎/💧, ☘/🍃, 👨/👩, 🕰+⚙, 🍑🍑, 🧟‍♂️/🧟‍♀️, 👮‍♂️x👮‍♀️,👿/👿,🥴🥴, ⚰+👁

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Only ended up third, but that shit was hilarious.

I probably screwed myself when I pick those 2 -100% healing passives lol. If not for those 2 every swing would probably heal someone to full due to the amout of damage they does per hit.

c4ay8Gx.jpg

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I understand the theory behind MoM on sniper but it's not something I'm happy to do. If you are forced to take the MoM I guess it makes sense.

Pudge needs to be brawny and bloodseeker needs to be bloud bound

I don't think either of these units need buffs. Maybe for season 2.

got the best start possible. 3 gloves of haste. muy bueno.

BE860EB0F0DB5F0F6026E0AE0916382878DCCDFF

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodseeker/magi would be an insta pick at that point. Would be stupid in early game.
But his name has "blood" in it.

Bounty Hunter should be a Hunter
Beastmaster should be a Savage

Yeah I understand the theory behind MoM on sniper but it's not something I'm happy to do. If you are forced to take the MoM I guess it makes sense.

I don't think either of these units need buffs. Maybe for season 2.

got the best start possible. 3 gloves of haste. muy bueno.

BE860EB0F0DB5F0F6026E0AE0916382878DCCDFF
That looks like my dota games, 3 noobs going midas and we lose at 20m

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
morph mek?
skadi kunkka?

Kunkka wants the hp to make sure he gets boat off. I don't care about the slow all that much.

Mekansm for Morph because he waveforms away and loses aggro so he doesn't need HP as much.

I don't like giving bloodseeker items. Sometimes he goes nuts but sometimes he's a big loser and dies instantly.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
grats!

I just keep switching between boss 1 and 2 :/
I think I've started to improve my game though, I guess I was too conservative with buying heroes. Saw a game with swim yesterday where he just kept buying stuff to see if he could get more of the same in the next round, if not just sell them, doesn't matter as long as you hit your interest points. I started doing this as well and managed a third and second place in the following games.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
That feeling when you are 8/9 elusives and looking but fails to find that 1 last TA on a game where no one's running assassins and elusives.
While you already 3 stars your PA, Treant, and TB. Not even a single TA was found.

Feelsbadman.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Is it even still worth picking up Helm of the Undying? It went from beyond broken to what feels like useless.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused about the wording of the patch. So does it still have the unit do damage to enemy units, just not count when taking Life from the enemy player?

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I'm confused about the wording of the patch. So does it still have the unit do damage to enemy units, just not count when taking Life from the enemy player?

Correct.

"Undying units, if they are in the undying state, will never deal damage to the opponent, but will still count when determining which side won a round."

So prior to the patch, if an undying unit was in the "undying state" when you won the round they would deal 1-3 damage (base on star level) to your opponent. Now they don't deal that damage to your opponent. But if they are your last unit alive, and you win because a hero in the "undying state" finishes off your opponent's last piece, you will get credit for winning the round. Your opponent will take damage based on the round number (2 for 11-19, 3 for 21-29, etc). Also, you will get the victory gold and have a win streak extended.

At least that's how I interpret it.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Correct.

"Undying units, if they are in the undying state, will never deal damage to the opponent, but will still count when determining which side won a round."

So prior to the patch, if an undying unit was in the "undying state" when you won the round they would deal 1-3 damage (base on star level) to your opponent. Now they don't deal that damage to your opponent. But if they are your last unit alive, and you win because a hero in the "undying state" finishes off your opponent's last piece, you will get credit for winning the round. Your opponent will take damage based on the round number (2 for 11-19, 3 for 21-29, etc). Also, you will get the victory gold and have a win streak extended.

At least that's how I interpret it.
Ah - that makes more sense - I literally thougth they meant it did no damage in the fight itself...and just hung around on the board watching others fight!

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To be fair, that description is unnecessarily confusing. I only said "hold it" because the reverse case (deal damage to opponents but not to units) wouldn't make sense at all since it will be only useful in extremely esoteric situations.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of hooked on Brawny, but gave the primordial/Mage build a try and holy hell that seems pretty strong.
I'm not sure brawny is that good? I only really follow Swim but he doesn't really rate them.

You *can* get some crazy HP buffs but it needs pretty careful positioning and trying to manage last hits.

My default aim at the minute is to get two trolls, and some combo of 4 knights/warlocks/savage...i.e. a mix of attack speed, DPS buff, and a health/survivability buff.

The thing I struggle with at the moment is transitioning from say early shields (blue shiled alliance) to 2/4 kinights, wthout losing a ton of health.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure brawny is that good? I only really follow Swim but he doesn't really rate them.

You *can* get some crazy HP buffs but it needs pretty careful positioning and trying to manage last hits.

My default aim at the minute is to get two trolls, and some combo of 4 knights/warlocks/savage...i.e. a mix of attack speed, DPS buff, and a health/survivability buff.

The thing I struggle with at the moment is transitioning from say early shields (blue shiled alliance) to 2/4 kinights, wthout losing a ton of health.

I don't think they're top tier or anything, but they seem pretty consistent and an easy go to for at least 3/4 if it's uncontested. It's been fun working different alliances with them while also being a pretty easy build to run with reliable results. Basically it makes the first 10 - 15 rounds pretty easy and then if you don't get a Disruptor it's not too hard to transition from.

I've had the worst luck lately with Knights, I don't know if they're still considered a safe build or whatever, but I've found them to be pretty lacking.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even when I manage to get a good Brawny start, I always struggle at the end and lose the last couple of rounds/duels. I don't know how to support them once they're set, and they're just big damage sponges that seem to do too little damage and get murdered by 9assassins 3* crits.
But they're super fun for the first 2/3 of the game when the stars align.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I've found my new favorite thing. This probably isn't any new information, but I love the Bracers of Desperation on Lone Druid. If you're facing assassins he gets two bears out immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.