• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Early ⭐⭐ or mid game ⭐⭐⭐ are monsters
Multiple is just unkillable for ⭐

Oh, I know. But I got them all late game. I was riding on 2-stars most of the game. Things just kind of worked out for me.

Early 2 and 3 stars is my current problem with knockout. No 2 star in the first 2 rounds is almost guaranteed loss.

Last edited:

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
As I wrote the above post I got into a knockout match where someone got a 3 star Razor before the first round. 😂
I'm glad I didn't draw the short straw and had to fight them the first rounds. I lucked out with a good mix of scrappy units and item draws and won it all in the end.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
LC + Bloodseeker (with sniper for deadeye) with Stonehall can go ham later on holy shit.

I even put refresher on LC for double the duel bonus

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the changes.
It makes choosing what to go way harder, but very satisfying that you aren't boxed into one strategy.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
hate how quickly the game goes. feel like you can never use aces/fill out your alliances. underlord change is cool tho

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Will I like this if I enjoy Hearthstone battlegrounds but desire a little more depth?

I like the idea of choosing and preparing a team between matches then the automated combat playing out on its own.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Will I like this if I enjoy Hearthstone battlegrounds but desire a little more depth?

I like the idea of choosing and preparing a team between matches then the automated combat playing out on its own.

I'd say try it since it's free to play. Only saw Battlegrounds on streams but Underlords and TFT have more depth with their item system, alliance bonuses and the different abilities of units. Positioning can also play a larger role. Units also have three levels instead of two.

Would also say watch a streamer to learn the game a bit beforehand since I don't know about the quality of the tutorial. But most everyone I followed jumped ship to another game Since Underlords didn't pull in the viewership.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that's one thing I didn't like about HS:B - it feels better to place your army on a battlefield/chessboard

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Love the game more than the previous patch.

Currently spamming LC/BS/Sniper.

LC is a god later on if you 2 star her early with bloodbounds.

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
What did they do to this game since I went away? I played it some yesterday and I don't think I am on board for this Underlord thing. Also don't like the new mobile UI, hell the bottom is even super cut off on my phone. Most often rime I don't know which level I am or how much gold I have.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did they do to this game since I went away? I played it some yesterday and I don't think I am on board for this Underlord thing. Also don't like the new mobile UI, hell the bottom is even super cut off on my phone. Most often rime I don't know which level I am or how much gold I have.
I don't play on mobile but hit them up on social media/reddit/discord.
Pretty odd they would cut out gold on the UI

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• Tier changed from 3 to 4.
it was too fucking strong, it was a game winner item

• Champion: Damage bonus per active alliance changed from 8% to 3%. Health bonus remains 8%.
  • Scrappy: Armor bonus changed from 9 to 8 and disadvantaged armor bonus changed from 18 to 16.
  • Warrior: Armor bonus changed from [7, 17] to [9, 18]
  • Warlock: Lifesteal changed from [50, 70, 90] to [50, 60, 70]. Link duration changed from [2, 3, 3.5] to [2, 2.5, 3]

lc & lock nerfs

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
LC + 9 alliances still good.
g34tgMl.jpg

Not as strong as yesterday but still top 3 material.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
haven't played in like a month or so until now, before the walrus underlord
it was pretty confusing for a bit, but i think the game's not too bad atm

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I've effortlessly won the past 5 games or so playing boring ass scrappy comp. the hilarious thing is, there's no need to level past 7. Actually destroying people that are level 10 and have obvious good game sense. But winning feels too good so I'll keep abusing it until they re-add the jail system.

Edit : also my GOD hobgen is so overpowered with his latest buff. He single handedly changes the tide of the battle each round , in fact my scrappy army only comes together because of him. Hilarious that they felt to buff him even more

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I've effortlessly won the past 5 games or so playing boring ass scrappy comp. the hilarious thing is, there's no need to level past 7. Actually destroying people that are level 10 and have obvious good game sense. But winning feels too good so I'll keep abusing it until they re-add the jail system.

Edit : also my GOD hobgen is so overpowered with his latest buff. He single handedly changes the tide of the battle each round , in fact my scrappy army only comes together because of him. Hilarious that they felt to buff him even more
Which Hobgen

Attack speed or bombs

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the game was already hard to balance and then they added another variable that screws with things more than it helps. Ever since the Underlords got added I'm barely playing. This is no autochess no more. :/

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Yeah Scrappy is so safe, if I can get it I just go for it lol

Getting rid of the jail is still a mystery to me.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Just got Boss 1 thanks to LC and Scrappies lol . It was faster than the previous season coming from LT1

1st = 12
2nd = 1
8th = 1

Gonna try to go Lord this time if there's time.

I miss the old TB and Knights though.

Also holy shit this game drains my battery so fast now. And phone gets hot really fast compared few months ago.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Just got Boss 1 thanks to LC and Scrappies lol . It was faster than the previous season coming from LT1

1st = 12
2nd = 1
8th = 1

Gonna try to go Lord this time if there's time.

I miss the old TB and Knights though.

Also holy shit this game drains my battery so fast now. And phone gets hot really fast compared few months ago.
I make sure to play on 30 FPS, no audio, and lowered render scale to reduce battery footprint

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
iyE5epi.jpg

Man, is Viper the best unit in the game? Even at 2 stars he keeps killing leftovers, let alone 3 stars.
Was 0-4 against the 2nd guy before I get my Void, then never lost a round again. Assassins are as nuts as Scrappies.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
iyE5epi.jpg

Man, is Viper the best unit in the game? Even at 2 stars he keeps killing leftovers, let alone 3 stars.
Was 0-4 against the 2nd guy before I get my Void, then never lost a round again. Assassins are as nuts as Scrappies.
Coincidentally, scrappy assassins is one of my favorite builds right now.

Admittedly, you need level 10 for the full build, but you get full inventors, 4 scrappy, full assassins, and dragons.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played in a few days because I still can't figure out when it is best to level and what amount of gold should I aim for.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a few days because I still can't figure out when it is best to level and what amount of gold should I aim for.
I think it's best to lose early, save gold and build your matches. When you are losing badly spend.
No set in stone timings seem to work for me. Once I see a synergy I just lock into that and ride or die.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's best to lose early, save gold and build your matches. When you are losing badly spend.
No set in stone timings seem to work for me. Once I see a synergy I just lock into that and ride or die.

I've seen people mentioning matches/pairings and synergy a lot, does that mean the get several of heartless class bonuses or something else?

I mostly play Knockout and my strat is to reroll like crazy trying to build two and three stars and fill up the existing class buffs if I buy someone new, and it doesn't usually work out well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people mentioning matches/pairings and synergy a lot, does that mean the get several of heartless class bonuses or something else?

I mostly play Knockout and my strat is to reroll like crazy trying to build two and three stars and fill up the existing class buffs if I buy someone new, and it doesn't usually work out well.
I just like the infinite scaling of brawny or the wombo combo damage potential of mage/spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.