• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So are there any currently "Must have" units? I seem to always pick slark up, guy beasts no matter what your config is. At the very least I'm keeping other people from getting him.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not entirely sure whether bloodbound is actually good, but it's just so fun I go for it everytime I see it.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So are there any currently "Must have" units? I seem to always pick slark up, guy beasts no matter what your config is. At the very least I'm keeping other people from getting him.

Troll Warlord, Disruptor, Alchemist, Crystal Maiden. Maybe Arc Warden as well. If I get a ** of any of those units (or * if it's Troll Warlord)It will 100% get a place on my board.

Every other unit has it's ups and downs.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
203719D9638401F8D333F1C0A2028001AC0B2FD7

this might be the dumbest game I've played yet. bloodbound, 3 shaman, brawny. wtf. I had no idea what to do with luna at the end. needed that 4th contract.

I need to play more bloodbound.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
What a weird comp this was. The assassin guy got wiped on the last round after owning me the whole game.
I just put Tide and the bloodbounds at the back as bait. He dropped the rapier too lol
DrQfcI7.jpg

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Underlords is becoming an obsession. The more I get into it, the more it kind of feels like gambling. They should just go full boar with it and use the ticket tournament style from Artifact...

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong, but with refresher isn't there at least a chance he doesn't get any out? With Bracers there's at least a guarantee of one.

Items and what heroes to use them on is probably the weakest part of my knowledge on the game.

The easiest way to go about it is to think about the role you want the unit to play and the biggest benefit you can get from the item and assign items accordingly. Some examples:

Gloves of Haste: good on everything, the first choice should be your damage dealers.
Chainmail: Great for tanks like Pudge and Omniknight.
Mask of Madness: Good for any unit with a mediocre special ability and high DPS like Slardar, fantastic on units with passive abilities. Slark + Mask of Madness = melting enemies left and right.
Bracers of Desperation: As RepairmanJack said, perfect for any unit with a powerful ability with a huge cooldown. Great on almost any Tier 4 and 5 unit of that type.
Maelstrom: This item as well as anything with a percentage change of activating is best used with units that have a high rate of fire.

Some items are situational but most of them do work fine on all units.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Underlords is becoming an obsession. The more I get into it, the more it kind of feels like gambling. They should just go full boar with it and use the ticket tournament style from Artifact...
I've basically stopped playing other games recently. Just a couple of games of Underlord at night before bed and I'm good. I'm hopelessly addicted to the game as is and I'm sure there's a lot more to come before it is out of beta.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Knights

For clarification, fuck playing as knights. Knights suck. I'm probably playing them wrong, but they suck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
there's no worse feeling then disruptor deciding to target a lone unit with static storm rather then hit all the group of units in the other corner. valve please.

Fuck Knights

For clarification, fuck playing as knights. Knights suck. I'm probably playing them wrong, but they suck.

6 Knights + Witch Doctor + Necrophos + Fall from Grace. Is one of the best lineups in the game. Can throw in a Viper for DK2 if you hit level 9. an early CK ** or double ** Batriders can carry you really hard in the early game.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
there's no worse feeling then disruptor deciding to target a lone unit with static storm rather then hit all the group of units in the other corner. valve please.

6 Knights + Witch Doctor + Necrophos + Fall from Grace. Is one of the best lineups in the game. Can throw in a Viper for DK2 if you hit level 9. an early CK ** or double ** Batriders can carry you really hard in the early game.

My problem isn't really with them as a general line up. It's playing with them and trying to build them. Trying to manage all the units because they're mostly pretty low/middle tier has you getting them constantly and I don't know how many times on mobile I've been too slow and lost a unit or two by default.

For me they're just way too frustrating in trying to build/play.

I kind of have the same issues with mages/primordials. Just too many moving pieces makes it frustrating a lot of the time.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I tried the old school Demon comp earlier.

Only got 6th after getting TB/QoP/SF to 3 stars with Tide2.

Basically all of them got 50% more damage if you have demon hunters instead of only DH getting more damage per demon unit.
What a nerf to pure Demon/DH comp.

I miss my old TB.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do people play with 6 hunters? I tried with druids since they're always a good backup (and cheap) But it didn't really synergize well.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
that's a pretty good tier list. i think i'd make a D tier to try and avoid having 8 in one tier though.

also I'm now officially top 1000 underlords player. how do i get invited to tournaments to get the big bucks.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
how do I see all the hidden stats units have?

E: I build brawny with hunters a lot because Lycan is thickness

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Was going Brawny's early and noticed no one was going primordials. Was going to transition to Primordial/mage, but I was getting easy upgrades on brawny so I tried Brawny/Primordial and it worked surprisingly well. I know I mostly got lucky with the picks, but got down to 59 hp early and then ran the table to the win.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Underlords ads some kind of more interaction or possibilities for endgame. As it stands, I feel like endgame is the only real stale part of the game. You try to change positioning, or you hope to get an upgrade, but outside of that there's not much that can really change too much at end game.

Would be cool to use the Underlords to help that aspect a little.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Underlords ads some kind of more interaction or possibilities for endgame. As it stands, I feel like endgame is the only real stale part of the game. You try to change positioning, or you hope to get an upgrade, but outside of that there's not much that can really change too much at end game.

Would be cool to use the Underlords to help that aspect a little.
Selling items for gold or combining items into better items needs to be a thing

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they can use a surprise mechanic where if you complete a full 6 Alliance or 9 Alliance it allows you to buy a 20 gold Super unit.

They had Super Units with boosted stats/abilities in Autochess that had a 1 in 100k chance or something.
py737lhi5cf21.jpg

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Damn, getting the protopass capped kinda killed my interest in the game atm. Also feels like a waste to play and get achievements when the XP ain't going to anything. Only played couple matches in the last few days.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
they should make ogre magi brawny.

They'd have to nerf brawny cause that'd cause some issues. What you going to do against a 5K HP Ogre equipped with a Daedalus/Moon Shard that's doing +300% damage? It'd be really easy for that unit to accrue kills too cause they'd always be last alive.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They'd have to nerf brawny cause that'd cause some issues. What you going to do against a 5K HP Ogre equipped with a Daedalus/Moon Shard that's doing +300% damage? It'd be really easy for that unit to accrue kills too cause they'd always be last alive.

yeah sometimes you get the nuts. It only matters if it's consistently broken. And if it is then make him a 3 cost or nerf him some other way. right now he's a mage that doesn't do any magic damage. You rarely 2 star him. Never 3 star him. He's a dumb unit he you use as a sacrifice. I want a *** ogre meta.

Mr. Warlock is even worse. he needs a complete redesign. I don't know what the solution is.

Status
Not open for further replies.