• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

The idea sounds good, but I feel like while it sounds like it's just a given choice at the end game, it's not really going to be much of a choice. Would leveling to level 8 and spending your gold on the legendary odds really be that much different than the regular legendary meta? Level 10, it's basically pointless, 8 it's just the same but in a different form.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish we got an update on turbo-mode. I've put a ton of time in to the game but the length of matches is really starting to wear on me.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Buying legendary odds sounds really silly. Generally speaking, at level 8:
1.) You're all-in rolling to get strong ASAP because you don't have enough health to reach round 30 otherwise.
2.) You're economy rolling at 50 specifically to complete a level 1/2/3 three star hero or 2* important units in your team composition.
3.) You're rushing to level 9 because you have a good lead and/or your composition forces it.

I don't see any time where a player can afford to spend five gold to increase the chance that you'll see a legendary rarity hero. Seems like a complete waste of gold.

Somebody on Reddit had a comment I think has a lot of merit and I expanded upon a bit: Remove all legendaries from the pool. At level 8+ they should let you outright buy a legendary hero from the shop (call it the Secret Shop or something, lol) and it would have the stats of a 2* legendary hero. Maybe do a scaling gold cost depending on level, where the cost at level 8 is 50, cost at level 9 is 40, cost at level 10 is 30, or something. So now you have another option to all-in at 8 or 9 and finish your composition without the legendary rate RNG involved.

On another note, I grinded a bit this weekend and finally made Lord. BlessRNG, I would've had it earlier this week if not for a string of poor luck.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Tier 5 are underwhelming at lvl 1 except maybe Troll and now they reduced its % rate. Yikes.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of buying legendary odds is potentially interesting but it seems like a waste of gold with the way endgame currently is. Starting at 2* would help that idea a bit.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Still not knowing what the actual Underlords are or plan on being makes this all flimsy, but I thought it'd be cool to have one of the Underlords having it tied in to them to be geared toward Legendary builds. Have it be the walrus dude, like he's a rich mogul that has higher legendary odds at end game.

I just want the damn Underlords!

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tier 5 are underwhelming at lvl 1 except maybe Troll and now they reduced its % rate. Yikes.
Gyro + 2 2*snipers is STUPID. Especially if the snipers have MoM or other powerful items on them.
Though it's more the Bulleye alliance than the unit itself.

Enigma is the opposite. Even if the unit was better, why make it a shaman? Or more broadly: why does the shaman alliance exist?

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they don't change Bloodbound Contract.

90% of my games are now this. Knights, DH, Scrappy,Warriors are all blood boundable. And I love it.

Gyro + 2 2*snipers is STUPID. Especially if the snipers have MoM or other powerful items on them.

Oh yeah this. They melt things if they kept unharmed.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Enigma is the opposite. Even if the unit was better, why make it a shaman? Or more broadly: why does the shaman alliance exist?
I think shamans are there so late game you can try and chicken the other player's main units? it might make positioning a bit more important or fun? i don't know otherwise

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the meta went from 5-6 endgame viable builds to basically just Knights or BTC.

Brawny got nerphed, scrappy's endgame took a hit with it being harder to get techies/Gyro in endgame, I'm not how they got effected but Primordials/mages seems less effective?

These last two patches have been rough for me.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TB hasn't been kind to me lately. I think he got nerfed when they rewrote the description of the demon hunter alliance to prevent him from gaining double buffs?
I think the best partner for the 9 elusive are Slark (to complete the assassin alliance, and also, Slark is a monster) and Dragon Knight (to make Puck even more elusive, and also DK is a great unit when buffed)... MAYBE a big fat tank like Pudge or Tide to troll?

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Man, my slark kept killing the AW Clone at the back. So 3 enemy dudes are growing at slark 3 rate lol.

Good thing my TB kited all of them. In the end I beat both remaining players with 8 hp left.

UUJL9Eu.jpg

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I love the idea of contraptions, but I can't help but feel they'll almost never get picked because you're losing out on an item.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
tombstone is very good, my last opponent with a lycan, veno, np, ld, aw & lvl 2 primordial did not have a good time lmao

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly Tombstone does not propagate on Eidolons or other summoned units, but it does give an appropriate Star unit of the one that died, so that's neat!

I had 2 2* Arc Wardens with summoning stone and Tombstone and was desperately searching for an Enigma to cap off the chicken farm I was running, but I never got it and got knocked out fifth :(

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like Tombstone might be really good actually. It's almost like a dummy but without the taunt. Enemies seem to target it and it has a decent amount of HP. That and the summoned units coming out as the star the unit was at. Seems actually pretty good.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These contraptions really turn the tide because it's free units to clog up the game or protect your backline. Doesn't seem balanced

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Underlords PR team so based? Id buy them a drink if I could.

It's so refreshing from a Valve game dev team.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Played for a bit. I think contraptions are a nice addition and mixes up the meta. They don't seem OP, but time will tell.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
3/6 for Warrior, Elusive, and Assassin is...interesting to say the least. Contraltions are honestly a great differential from othet Auto Chesses and I love the concept, along with Underlords this is gonna be one different beast that deserves the attention. Oh boy and we finally have a deadeye assassin, the change we all wanted! No wait, its for bloodseeker. Huh?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Healing Ward seemed absolutely worthless. Just getting units to stand in the thing is a pain, and even when they do the healing is so small it doesn't even matter.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
This is a pretty huge patch, I love the idea of contraptions. Hope it's well implemented. Ace heroes..., I don't know about that one. We'll have to see how this develops.
Can't try it until after work...

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'm a fan of contraptions. I really like the idea of aces, but I feel tier 5 is oddly balanced for it. Don't think aces should favor alliances, ie inventors then totally screwing others like assassins. At the very least every alliance should have one unit to represent them.

Maybe just keep Tier 5, but make a new Ace tier from scratch.

Last edited:

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
Contraptions are fun so far but target buddy + blade mail wasn't as strong as i had hoped.
I managed to get Ace Shaman, Troll and Warlock alliances. Aces seem super good and they are a nice way to "finish off" an alliance, but they really need to make an Ace for each alliance. They have to be working on that next.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like contraptions are going to be standard and you get them at level 10 no matter what.
They are just too broken to be RNG drops

Who is the Assassin ♠ ? PA? Huskar? Golden Sniper? Nyx?

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like that aces should allow to add a few units without diluting the pool too much, since they're more frequent if you have the alliance.
Though the ace Knight is going to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.