• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel it's important now to limit the number of active alliances you have if they have an ace. I was bombarded with Disruptors, Troll Warriors and Techies (but I couldn't buy them all because I didn't have room for the 3 of them without breaking alliances). If they had all been the same character it would have been my first 3* 5 coin.

How is the bonus of 15% calculated? The moment the shop is rolled, depending on the units are on the board at that moment? Does it take in consideration units on the bench?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I like the new contraptions. I thought they might be too much when reading the patch notes but they fit in pretty well.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel it's important now to limit the number of active alliances you have if they have an ace. I was bombarded with Disruptors, Troll Warriors and Techies (but I couldn't buy them all because I didn't have room for the 3 of them without breaking alliances). If they had all been the same character it would have been my first 3* 5 coin.

How is the bonus of 15% calculated? The moment the shop is rolled, depending on the units are on the board at that moment? Does it take in consideration units on the bench?

As far as I understand the 15% is only more likely that it's the unit you synergize with. It's still only 1% chance at 8 to get a legendary, but it's 15% more likely to be the one you need. So of your pool of 7 different Ace's basically there's an extra one of the one you need in there. At least that's how Swim was evaluating it last night. But the more synergies you have the less effective that 15% is because you're just as likely to get the other synergies aces as well. If you somehow had all 7 synergies the 15% wouldn't matter because you'd still have the 1% chance of a legendary but your likelihood of any given one is the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7FwUBAB.gif
SMH2mFe.gif
7FwUBAB.gif

SMH2mFe.gif
7FwUBAB.gif
SMH2mFe.gif

7FwUBAB.gif
SMH2mFe.gif
7FwUBAB.gif

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The swing between "Shamans are useless" to "nerf Shaman plz" in less than a few days has been hilarious.
Especially since everyone wants Arc Warden even more now, and he only needs Tiny or Razor to become even more of a problem. It seems like half of my opponents have been collecting some sort of "preemptive primordials plus troll shaman" early on to maximise their potential shamanism later on.

>Fixed Ace Effects not applying to summons.

Oh lord. Enigma + summoner build. What have they done.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ this game. It ended after the year beast.

Its basically who got his slark die first who loses the round lol

He got tons of units due to the tombstone and eidolons. Wish my PA got Bfury

2ehF3O7.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a lot of good luck this patch. Scrappy/Inventor/Deadeye seems to be in a really good place.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it was still 4 shamans I would agree, but now theu need to have leeway in case you don't have the luck to amass all 3 heroes. Bit OP now, sure, but removing the shaman alliance from Disruptor backed em into a corner.
Right now, the winning strategy seems to be to rush to level 9 or 10 with at least a pocket shaman, some warlocks, and a few meatshields, then get Disruptor and Enigma asap. Removing the Shaman alliance from Disruptor didn't do much, since anyway Disruptor+3warlock pals, Enigma and Arc Warden are optimal.

I expect my post to be totally obsolete before the week-end, so I'm going to abuse this without second thought or regret for as long as it's worth it.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not liking this new changes, specifically the items you can use on the map, I get why people might like it but for me it's a clear example of less being more.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Scrappy just continues to carry me to victory, if not the top 3. It's incredibly strong from early to late game. Once you hit late game you've had enough money to hit lvl 9-10 and grab OP Aces.

Also is it just me, or is endgame a lot more even? It's usually a close game, when I'm used to most games being blow outs.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also is it just me, or is endgame a lot more even? It's usually a close game, when I'm used to most games being blow outs.
I've had the opposite experience, but maybe that was the first two days of the big patch and people not adapting quickly enough while the one or two players lurking reddit or Swim having an unbreakable force by round 25. Maybe it's more even since Sunday.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my games have been pretty even recently in ranked. Unranked less so but then people are more willing to mess around there for proto pass stuff.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha, Shamans are back to being useless! That was fast.

Meanwhile, I had one of "these" games, with 2 summon stones and very fast 2* Lycan, Nature Prophet, Lone Druid and a 3* Venomancer. I murdered everyone for a while.... until someone got a Techies and had the screen spontaneously explode. The fireworks were fun. In the end, I managed to replace Prophet and Lycan with a Doom and a Tide, but that was REALLY close.

I hope they don't nerf Disruptor to be as bad as New Enigma or Medusa. Troll Warrior and Lich are good units, but their effects are lame. I like the idea of late-game explosive power unit, but as the game stands, you're better off hoarding random Tier 4 units (and Disruptor). Enigma was too strong, but there has to be a way to balance between these two extremes. Having the Alliance being a mandatory 3 units may have been enough...
Also, poor Medusa. What happened to you, you used to be so good.

circuit

Oct 27, 2017
Medusa is still playable, is like Luna but can also counter mages. Last game I had the retaliate bonus (which also charges your mana faster according to reddit) on a 3* 5500 HP Tidehunter with two refresher orbs on board, and since I was losing against a mage player I also subbed in a 1* slark to get the full alliance and 180 the game. Medusa used the stun weapon from long-range

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Medusa is still playable, is like Luna but can also counter mages.
Speaking of, is there a way to see what is physical and what is magical damage in-game? Some are obvious (Mages, Warlock) but I wonder if there's more subtle nuances. For example, is Nature Prophet magical? Temple Assassin? Items like Maelstrom and Dagon?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
under the dps meter tab, left side of the dps meter is physical, right is magical, if there is pure damage type then it will be the rightmost (the 3rd one)

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having "Hey, with this comb I won pretty easily. In the next match I will do this again to win pretty easily.... Oh God! I am losing horribly.... At least I made Top 8" pretty regularly?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having "Hey, with this comb I won pretty easily. In the next match I will do this again to win pretty easily.... Oh God! I am losing horribly.... At least I made Top 8" pretty regularly?

I have no idea what I'm doing with this current meta. I'm basically going early savage and picking up stronger 4 cost units later on.

Just accidentally picked up the healing totem by not reading and just seeing the picture and thought it was the tombstone. cool cool cool

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Speaking of, is there a way to see what is physical and what is magical damage in-game? Some are obvious (Mages, Warlock) but I wonder if there's more subtle nuances. For example, is Nature Prophet magical? Temple Assassin? Items like Maelstrom and Dagon?

When you are in game, you can open the "book" that is located in the shop (on the far left side) and it will show you all the heroes you have. You can select them and if you have an ability, it will say whether it is physical or magical. You can uncheck the "owned heroes" box to be able to look at all heroes. You can also reach the book tab from the main menu (second tab from the left at the top).

under the dps meter tab, left side of the dps meter is physical, right is magical, if there is pure damage type then it will be the rightmost (the 3rd one)

Green is basic attacks, light blue is abilities (whether they are physical or magical) and the purple one is damage from items.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So are the only good contraptions gravestone and barricade? Healing ward doesn't do much other than fuck with your unit placement, and the decoy while not as bad doesn't seem to be better than a regular item.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
target buddy is better then tombstone. tombstone is competing with refresher orb and moon shard. it's not that good. but target buddy is competing with bloodbound contract and summoning stone. It's a lot closer for the tier 2 items.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
A fully barricaded 3 star sniper killing my units then a pudge suddenly appears. He lost in 1 round after that lol.

Scrappy Mages with DK are so good if noones running a disruptor.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another game with dual summoning stones. So good. Even 1* Venomancer was doing WORK.
I guess now I'll want to take the summoning stone any time I see it, never get the second one, get bad results, try to pivot away from the summons, fail because it's too late, and end up 8th.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another game with dual summoning stones. So good. Even 1* Venomancer was doing WORK.
I guess now I'll want to take the summoning stone any time I see it, never get the second one, get bad results, try to pivot away from the summons, fail because it's too late, and end up 8th.
ery time I get the summon stone I never get 🐻 or 🐺 🎅 🐺

Status
Not open for further replies.