• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But....why? I guess having the xp go somewhere and actually counts matters to people? If I'm getting nothing out of it, I don't really care. I just stopped doing dailies.
Ah. Do you think that's just a number going up without anything attached to it?
I though they added 75 new shiny things to collect before the end of the protopass, and I started to get anxiety.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah. Do you think that's just a number going up without anything attached to it?
I though they added 75 new shiny things to collect before the end of the protopass, and I started to get anxiety.

As of right now there's nothing in the protopass added. I feel like they'd mention it if there was some kind of plan to add that later? It would seem weird to put work in to more cosmetics rather than putting that work into the next one, unless it was really far away...

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I suspect Valve just threw some placeholder because Reddit people were actively discussing whether XP from achievements and dailies were going to hidden pool or to the void after reaching Level 25.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Glad they uncapped it. It was more than a week since I click the claim button in the challenges lol

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
y11ybxwgwzk31.png

Saw this screencap from the Discord.

Wonder how they do turbo mode if not just making bigger numbers.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
10 minutes is faster than I expected from Turbo mode. Though that's a good time if they can figure it out.

Maybe Underlords coming out this week as well. Either this or next.

Latest Valve Communication: Big Update coming early October, version 1.0 coming soon after

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New blog post, with future updates mentioned. Also shows the new menu UI.

As you've probably noticed, today's update is pretty small. Let's chat about why this is and what's coming.

Last time we talked about our plans, we detailed the features we are working on for our next big update.

Internally, we are calling that update The Big Update (surprise), and it's one of the last milestones on our road to Season One. This update will include 2 playable Underlords, the Duos team mode, 6 new Heroes, 3 new Alliances, and an updated user interface. We're currently shooting to release this update in the first half of October.

The final stop will come not long after, with the official launch of the complete game in 1.0. This will come with 2 more Underlords, the Battle Pass, the City Crawl, and will be the official beginning of Underlords Season One.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/underlords/announcements/detail/2878286363677464817

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something, or is the change log about the fact the update is tiny and the next one is big... but without explaining what's in the tiny update?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something, or is the change log about the fact the update is tiny and the next one is big... but without explaining what's in the tiny update?

They updated a couple skins for units for 2 and 3 star versions. Viper, shadowshaman, tide and bountyhunter. Oh, and CK.

I actually really like Tidehunter's new looks.

People had to literally find that in the changelog notes in steamdb.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Assassin Alliance:
  • On a critical strike, Assassin's wound the target reducing healing done by [50%, 100%]
🍑 🍑 in 💪 🐃

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC

🤦‍♀️

Now that assassins are fixed, I am liking Elusive/assassins/TB. I go Tree, NP, Mirana, Anti Mage, Phantom Assassin and Templar Assassin for the elusive and then TB and Slark. On lvl 9, I add Tide Hunter for cc and scaled. I level to 8 as quickly as possible (without breaking eco), then roll until I get three star slark/PA/TB, utilizing the new level 7/8 tier 3 odds (35%). Once I have all three 3 starred I go to 9 and add Tide. I go for MoM and Helm. Been having luck with it at lord.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Assassins are my weakness. As in, I go for them too often, especially Slark and PA. Now that they are workign again I had to give in again, of course. Got a lvl 3 Slark but never any sort of attack speed item. Even after lvl 25 he was stuck with a Poaching Knife. Shoulda gone scrappy/mage instead of scrappy/assassins.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Assassins are my weakness. As in, I go for them too often, especially Slark and PA. Now that they are workign again I had to give in again, of course. Got a lvl 3 Slark but never any sort of attack speed item. Even after lvl 25 he was stuck with a Poaching Knife. Shoulda gone scrappy/mage instead of scrappy/assassins.

Managed to finally win one with assassins. Only had 1 bloodbound and I even fucked that up by getting 2 MoMs so I gave it to my Viper. I got pretty dang lucky at the end though and I had PA, Slark and Viper all at 3*. I was up against a knights player that had 5 3* knights lol

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Managed to finally win one with assassins. Only had 1 bloodbound and I even fucked that up by getting 2 MoMs so I gave it to my Viper. I got pretty dang lucky at the end though and I had PA, Slark and Viper all at 3*. I was up against a knights player that had 5 3* knights lol

Boxed knights players usually give assassins real trouble. Maybe he hadn't added troll/heartless alliance for enough damage?

The last two times I've been able to get my hands on a tombstone I've won the game. How has that item not been nerfed yet?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Boxed knights players usually give assassins real trouble. Maybe he hadn't added troll/heartless alliance for enough damage?

The last two times I've been able to get my hands on a tombstone I've won the game. How has that item not been nerfed yet?

Yeah Tombstone is pretty insane. I've had some luck with placing my units at the back so that their tombstone is less effective but that only really works with certain comps and even then its not a guarantee

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
These 3 assassins are just fillers at the end. SF and TB did so much damage. Downed my opponent when we still has 82hp with me 28 against an AW3 and 6 warlocks(lol)

Qyu3J52.jpg

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These 3 assassins are just fillers at the end. SF and TB did so much damage. Downed my opponent when we still has 82hp with me 28 against an AW3 and 6 warlocks(lol)

Qyu3J52.jpg
Isn't it a problem to have SF and TB together? I always tried to keep the demons to only 1 because of the way the alliance is worded... Was I playing them wrong?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it a problem to have SF and TB together? I always tried to keep the demons to only 1 because of the way the alliance is worded... Was I playing them wrong?
If you have antimage and tb that's the demon hunter alliance.
So even though tb is a demon, he's also a demon hunter

1 demon hunter
Invalidate your opponent's Demon Alliance bonus.

2 demon hunters
Invalidate your opponent's Demon Alliance bonus. All Demon and Demon Hunter units gain +50% Pure Damage.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but having only TB would give him the normal demon bonus, plus 50% Pure Damage on top of that, correct? For example if the player above had replaced SF with Necro or Alchemist for example? Is losing the Demon alliance worth it?

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But he still counts as a demon even though he doesn't get the benefit, right? So Shadow's demon alliance bonus should not trigger?
Or does it entirely remove his demon tag, thus freeing a spot for a different demon in the team?
The wording on these alliances is very unclear.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017

AM gets 50%
TB gets 100% (150% if no other demon in the board)
Other demons gets 50% for having DH alliance

If both are on your team.

Not sure if your demon units still get 50% if your enemy has demon hunter though.

Last edited:

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
But he still counts as a demon even though he doesn't get the benefit, right? So Shadow's demon alliance bonus should not trigger?
Or does it entirely remove his demon tag, thus freeing a spot for a different demon in the team?
The wording on these alliances is very unclear.

I believe you're correct. TB would get the (2) DH bonus and the (1) Demon bonus, for 100% pure damage. If they had another DH on the enemy team it would invalidate the (1) Demon bonus and you'd only have 50% though.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Easiest way to counter Slark 3 with MoM is a blinking clock lol

That poor slark died 5 secs into the battle.

iKMj6bq.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't ran assassins in so long. Did undead/assassins and absolutely dominated, never seen assassin alliance do so much damage.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Will the patches slow down after v1.0? I love this game but I take a 1 week break and I feel like I have to relearn metas and what's good and what's bad now.

For a while I felt decent at the game too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.