• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PM7etQM.jpg

6 Warrior/4 lock continues to be my go to. First time top 100 I think. I start with druids/savage/3 warrior. Level to 7 at ~15, 8 at ~17, 9 at 21-22, then 10 sometime between 26-31 (depending on how the game is going).

Hopefully the big update does something to increase the viability of 3 star builds (knights/brawny-hunter/scrappy).
90th in the world?

dammmmmmm
👏

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
yikes, didn't know the playerbase dropped so much, assumed it was still near the 100k mark for some reason

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
They kind of shot themselves in the foot by announcing the big update so far in advance. I plan to play more Underlords but I don't quite see the point when there is a major update on the way.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
They kind of shot themselves in the foot by announcing the big update so far in advance. I plan to play more Underlords but I don't quite see the point when there is a major update on the way.
Pretty much this. I've already completed the Proto Battle Pass, and we know the game is about to go through a change. The game is still fun, but there are other games on my plate that I'd rather play while waiting for the Underlords update.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
yikes, didn't know the playerbase dropped so much, assumed it was still near the 100k mark for some reason

When you make a draft game where there is one meta that is pretty much the only thing that works you will end up with a game where the winners get bored and those experimenting get destroyed.
If you want a in depth take on why Underlords is actually failing listen to the latest Arena Athletes podcast, where a MTG pro who made top 100 lords in Underlords explains the issues.

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The absence of turbo mode definitely doesn't help with the mobile population of the game. The fact they haven't done it by now seems crazy.

I'm curious if the big update and 1.0 can bring people in/back but the lack of marketing Valve does for their games means it'll always be second or even third to TFT and other Auto Chess games.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I think once they get all the modes and basic game done, they can focus on keeping the meta interesting. All their time then will be focused on balance, adding new alliances/heroes, and battlepass content. And hopefully they will support some sort of tournament scene that will cause more popular streamers to stream the game and get more people to try the game again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think once they get all the modes and basic game done, they can focus on keeping the meta interesting. All their time then will be focused on balance, adding new alliances/heroes, and battlepass content. And hopefully they will support some sort of tournament scene that will cause more popular streamers to stream the game and get more people to try the game again.
Really depends who's on the team at that point
And the monetization is still 🤔

Rito coming

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Autochess isn't really a genre which long leg to begin with, so the genre needs some kind of hook to keep things interesting. In case of LoL, it's item stacking and frequent patches to be expected from Riot, and I hope Underlords play a similar role in Underlords.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they specified how they would roll out the preview. Perhaps tonight when we would normally get an update.

Yeah, they don't specify but they say next week they would start showcasing. That made me think it was going to be rollout of previews. Not just a dump of a big preview. Kind of like they did with the first set of graphic updates. They unrolled them over like 2 or 3 days I think? Maybe tonight will be the start and more looks early next week to lead up to the release.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can get the player base back up. This is my go-to mobile game if I need one, and it's my lunchtime game when I am in the office (two days a week).

I also really want that turbo mode. I play the casual matchmaking at lunch because if I have to bail on the game before it ends, I can (although I try not to).

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
It legit bugs me that they're called Insects, when most of the units aren't even insects. Call them Crawlers or something.

Other than that, it's looking good. Troll/Knights are going to be strong with Dazzle.

EDIT:
Welp.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
So that's 4 new alliances and 7 new heroes. In an earlier communication, the devs said there are 12 new heroes. Assuming the update is Thursday and we get updates every day between now and then... I can see having a final hero update tomorrow, then an Underlords update, Duo update, a UI change update, and something else.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will it be a "one in, one out" situation? Like, of they add 12 new characters, they'll remove 12 from the current pool? Interested to see how the pool will look like.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, Duel permanent damage and she's only Tier 3.

She's gonna wreck in the late game with a daedalus or moonshard.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Will it be a "one in, one out" situation? Like, of they add 12 new characters, they'll remove 12 from the current pool? Interested to see how the pool will look like.

I assume they are dropping some heroes, not sure if it will be 1 to 1. I'm guessing they will take out a couple of alliances as well, so they might just take out all the heroes from the alliances they remove. I'm also guessing they'll remove some heroes from alliances they changed from 9 to 6 - warrior, elusive, and assassin. There just isn't a reason anymore to have that many heroes available for those alliances.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for new units and all, but it seems kind of weak to do four days in a row of heroes(they say more heroes tomorrow) on a big update that has a lot of new features and game modes.

Where the Underlords or Battle Buddies?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the update is Thursday, there is still Mon/Tues/Wed for updates on duos and underlords.

Yeah, I get there's still plenty of time. I would just think that a slow reveal of what the other stuff entails would be more beneficial. Give more meat to the teases and helps build hype for what distinguishes it. We still don't even know what the Underlords effectively do and were getting 2 or 3 of them? I'd take a tease on what they do and a different underlord reveal each day over new units.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And our first new savage (to replace Enchantress getting the Healer alliance maybe?).
What alliances haven't been represented so far? Mage, Scrappy, Inventor, Primordial, Deadeye, Bloodbound?
I guess the alliances that have an Ace aren't leaving already, and I'm sure they're getting rid of Bloodbound for this update at least. I wonder if we'll get a new Scrappy Ace or whether the alliance will see some of its units kicked out. I wouldn't be surprised if Nyx would replace Bounty Hunter for example.
I'm really excited to learn the game again!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Scrappy/Inventor would be one of the Alliances to go away for a bit. It's pretty self contained and doesn't effect too many other alliances with it's being taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.