• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing the mobile spin off today and finally "got" it. I might have to get this when I get home.

I will say though, I am not feeling the graphic style they chose. Looks like theyre going for a borderlands look and it just doesnt work for me. Should have just used the regular models.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
the lack of an exit button is frustrating but i am enjoying it more than autochess and DAC

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Would have been nice if Valve gave pre-open beta access to all of us suckers who bought Artifact, but I'm still excited to try this next week. I'm still not sure where my Auto Chess allegiance is gonna lie after this, the LoL, and the EGS ones are all out. Though I will say that Valve having cross-play and progression out of the gate is really nice.

This x100000

Must be nice to shit out a game in no time flat like this but they just let Artifact collect dust in my library. The least they could do is offer this to us.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Never played much autochess, handful of games with the mod and one with the phone game from the makers of the mod, but I certainly want to give this a fair shake.

I like the look of it, miles better than the mobile version visually. The UI is also better than the other versions and works well even if it is mobile based. I would like the option to scale the ui though as I prefer a small ui but hopefully that comes down the line.

I think I'm gonna take a bit if time to just read up on the passives and the combo stuff before I jump into a pvp match though.

They certainly seem to be handling this better than the artifact release I tell you that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won my first game easily.

Save up to 50 gold and then ride the 5 gold interest till you get 10

Some of the items you get are just wayyyyyy to strong.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just won my first game and it definately feels more like a Dota Auto-Chess Advanced edition than something like just a standalone remade version.
With the new item progression system I managed to finish with lvl 10 but have 11 units on the field.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost tempted to play now, but I don't think I'd ever use the battlepass for anything. Do you think they'd tie the inevitable Underlords battlepass in with the DOTA one and make them one in the same?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Watched a stream on twitch and it looks pretty great. Definitely going to pick this up as my auto chess game. The changes to items look fantastic and are a huge improvement.

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just played my first round of Underlords and its realy a lot of fun! Never played Auto Chess before.

Are there any guides yet for new players?

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Just played my first round of Underlords and its realy a lot of fun! Never played Auto Chess before.

You can YouTube guides for DotA autochess and find a few, this version is mostly similar enough to get by with that for basic synergy information. Amaz is a popular autochess streamer with a bunch of videos. I'm sure there will be Underlord ones soon enough though.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018

Many AutoChess tips will translate to Underlords. You could search for some. But off the top of my head a couple important things to consider:
- Try to maintain streaks, whether winning or losing (but try not to lose too hard of course). Streaks in either direction award you more gold
- You get interest for maintaining a gold balance of 10 (+1 gold interest), 20, (+2), 30 (+3), etc. up to a max of +5 at 50 gold. Try to stay above those marks when possible to maximize income
- Don't be afraid to stash units on your bench in the first 10-15 rounds. You never know what the store will give you so keep your options open by using your bench as storage. Pairs that you can turn into 2 star units early are valuable whether they fit your current synergies or not.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Just won my first game and it definately feels more like a Dota Auto-Chess Advanced edition than something like just a standalone remade version.
With the new item progression system I managed to finish with lvl 10 but have 11 units on the field.

Yeah Valve has added a bunch of new hero's, rebalanced a bunch of the set bonuses and completely changed the item system.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee there will be but it feels like they rushed the game out after Riot announced Teamfight Tactics. So the core game works great but there is basically nothing else at the moment.
I have the feeling the real announcement was for The International. So they pushed it out 2 months ahead of schedule.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

basics
- memorize the amount of gold you get in a turn (5) and the amount of exp needed for each level 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40
- memorize the heroes, items, and hero types (I needed a second monitor and a spreadsheet for the first week)
- have a calculator nearby so you can calculate the prices
- watch streamers and check reddit
- don't fall in love with a strategy/hero type or else you will only be looking for that
- constantly check your opponents boards because heroes/types that they do not pick are more likely to appear in your choice list

fiend reddit
watch what streamers do
tonnes of youtubers have videos for Autochess basics
Trump
Amaz
BSJ

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask, I'm super ignorant on auto chess as I just blocked it all when it was getting big. Some care to explain where that really popular version is at now (the Dota 2 mod one I guess)? Is this just that one but bought?

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask, I'm super ignorant on auto chess as I just blocked it all when it was getting big. Some care to explain where that really popular version is at now (the Dota 2 mod one I guess)? Is this just that one but bought?

The mod version is still available in the dota client under the arcade tab. The guys who made that have also made their own version that you can download on the app store on your phone by searcing for auto chess. The mod version uses dota assets while for the phone version they've had to come up with their own designs.

This, ofc, is Valve's version using the Dota assets.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So the game hit 30k concurrent yesterday according to Reddit. Not bad for day one and needing a battleoass for DotA 2.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The prizepool hasn't really gained that much so it's mostly just lookyloos not people who were motivated to buy one.

I think Valve should have made a special bonus or some shit for the first 2 days

well considering they probably had their plans push ahead, and this was suppose to be annouced at the International itself, itwas never a thing to sell battlepasses.

The battlepass part was just to gate the stress test.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'll try this out when it's open, never bothered with the original mod

It's going to be interesting to see how the Auto Chess Wars play out

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Is the pre-beta beta on Mac? Dota and artefact run really badly on my Mac laptop, I guess this isn't any better?

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
20190614213319_10qk26.jpg

This was a realy nice setup! Was nearly dead (20 points left) and grinded the last other 2 down (from ~50 points) until I won :o

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Just a question for those playing it, it's possible to invite friends to play with you like in the mod version? I really enjoy doing that while chating on Discord

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad to be in early and ready to see where they take it. It was 100% released early cause of all these recent announcements. It was a smart move especially getting it out on Mobile so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.