• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play this having never played Dota, when you are confused what to do from the tutorial screens you know this is not the game for you lol

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Swapping Boots of speed for tranqs seems like a good change. I never saw the point of picking those up.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play this having never played Dota, when you are confused what to do from the tutorial screens you know this is not the game for you lol
I don't think Dota familiarity is really needed. The viability of the units don't always correspond to how it is in Dota, and there's nothing like the alliances and team compositions in Dota 2. It's confusing because it is a lot to take in at once. Familiarity with the heroes helps of course, but you'll have to relearn how they work in this game.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Interesting that part of the KotL nerfs include raising his ability mana cost to 150. I think this is the first ability in any auto-chess game to cost more than 100 mana? Don't see a problem with it but a cool precedent.

Also Pipe of Insight (1 cell AoE 400 magic dmg shield item) has been added. Doesn't say what tier the item is but likely an auto-pickup if facing any mage opponents.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Is 15 one stars per unit in the pool accurate?

Patch notes look good. I like a team that benefits from a smaller board, Kotl needed the nerf, and Boots are not worthless. Dragons looks very flexible now too.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever in here was doubting tier 5 heroes, I just won a game during lunch today with Tidehunter and Gyro. I was in last for most of the game until the final 4, then I moved up to third, and slowly worked my way to the end.

The Tide and Gyro both stayed level 1 most of the time, but I got two more tides a couple of rounds before the end, but I don't think that made or broke my lineup.

Tier 5 heroes are good.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So I think my main issue is the timer, and finding the right point to switch strats. Played 5 bot matches on medium, and it went swimmingly. Queen of Pain, Tinker, Brawn/Warrior Synergies out of the wazoo, I was dominating for 20 rounds straight. And then that venom fucker and the Horse Riding git popped up and I was swept away. I had time to think so I got to be able to think my way through the game, and it became obvious I need to be quick on my feet, but I just can't. And its also becoming increasingly obvious as I said that mid game you need to switch strats. Inventors can get out of the way, but gold mining with the scrawny perk if the RNG loves you is invaluable. However that does beg the question, is there even any room for the scrawny alliance to even be there at the late game?
So yeah, I really hope we get a timerless mode. Would it be arduous as fuck, almost too long a match? Sure. But I would LOVE a more focused, perhaps 4 player timerless game with a much more open hero pool for lots of mix and matching in the game.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever in here was doubting tier 5 heroes, I just won a game during lunch today with Tidehunter and Gyro. I was in last for most of the game until the final 4, then I moved up to third, and slowly worked my way to the end.

The Tide and Gyro both stayed level 1 most of the time, but I got two more tides a couple of rounds before the end, but I don't think that made or broke my lineup.

Tier 5 heroes are good.
They are I think people overrate completing most of the synergies a lot vs the value of units that doe aoe/stun or both.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
If I get Kunkka/Disruptor/Tide combo I don't give a fuck about my synergies. My team may be weaker but they can't do anything meaningful for like, 4-8 seconds depending on how well the abilities chain.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
ef569c35-8d9e-487f-8fp6jqt.png

Omg. I did it. Didn't want to work and needed to make sure I didn't fuck this up. Lol RNG Blessing me

des0lar

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just lost a game because I converted two 2* Arc Wardens with Dagon into one 3* Arc Warden.

The DPS of those two was insane, I don't know why I did what I did, but it just cost me the game.

Mottschi

Oct 28, 2017
Versailles, France
rRZZ7Qe.png

This was a fun round, went into round 42 or 43. Last opponent and me both kept winning against each other on our own field, prolonging the game enough for me to rank up half my board to 3 stars.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Just lost a game because I converted two 2* Arc Wardens with Dagon into one 3* Arc Warden.

The DPS of those two was insane, I don't know why I did what I did, but it just cost me the game.

Yeah sometimes the best play is just to keep two 2* instead of upgrading. Really depends on what you've got in your bench though.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Tier 5 heroes are good.

They are, but in my case I hardly ever get the chance to upgrade them.

I also feel CM is kinda overlooked. She adds tremendous value to a lot of setups, especially skill-reliant teams.

My last win was pretty amazing with a summoning team:
- Crystal Maiden
- Nature's Prophet
- Lycan
- Venomancer
- Arc Warden + Refresher Orb
- Treant for the EZ druid 3* upgrade
- And 3 rotating filler units.

I was hoping to get a 2nd CM/NP/Arc up, but no ball.

Got lucky with a summoning stone and Refresher Orb, but I had to dump a lot of gold in exp to stay alive early in the game.

Gonna keep trying out different comps.

Last edited:

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018

I think these 2 are new since the notes this morning:

• Scrappy Alliance: Now provides 8 armor and 9 health regeneration. It provides double that amount if your starting army is smaller in size than your opponent's.
  • Knight Alliance: Now gives a constant 15/25/35% damage reduction and an additional 20/25/30% when next to another knight.
That seems like a big buff to Knights.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018

I did something really similar where I had TWO trolls with bashers each absolutely stun locking everything, I assumed a level 3 would be worth it there but i ended up losing quickly when I combined to 3

Uriah

Oct 25, 2017
How is the damage calculated at the end of the round (not including the remaining heroes)?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I think these 2 are new since the notes this morning:

• Scrappy Alliance: Now provides 8 armor and 9 health regeneration. It provides double that amount if your starting army is smaller in size than your opponent's.
  • Knight Alliance: Now gives a constant 15/25/35% damage reduction and an additional 20/25/30% when next to another knight.
That seems like a big buff to Knights.
The knight buff is excellent, Dragon Knight+Puck+A random knight for the alliances and maybe this combo can start doing some damage.
How is the damage calculated at the end of the round (not including the remaining heroes)?
Opponent Hero Pieces remaining+Round stars. I don't remember the scaling but after round 22-23 the round damage is -3 to your health.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The game won't seem to let me play?

I started it up and it tells me a new version is available on the App Store and it is required to play. But I have the current version and not even deleting and re-downloading the app lets me play?

the doombass

Oct 29, 2017
First game with the new knights... that was pretty crazy. What was really fun was the Gold Hoarder + Age of Chivalry buffs. Thought I had a clean sweep but a player came back towards the end. We were losing to each other in the final rounds but I managed to squeak by.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
just won my first game in the new patch, also using the new knights (with warrior and troll ridiculousness)

it was like 34 rounds as well so I basically won from the start

just completely steamrolled too. I think shadow shaman was the only casualty in the last 10 rouunds. Won with 91 health left

QEPI7Wo.jpg

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Screenshot-20190625-194525.jpg

Just had my favorite game yet. Demons have been my favorite alliance/tribe/race since Auto Chess, and I try to go with them whenever possible... to mixed effect. But this time, I managed to get TWO sets of Strange Bedfellows and a tier 3 Terrorblade! I was wiping out entire teams, that had two more units than I did, with that boi! <3

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't understand how the rank up system works. I placed fourth and I ranked up from Outlaw V to Enforcer II.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did some searching, apparently you need to get fourth or higher to rank up after Upstart.

You start as an Upstart and you will gain rank once you get into the top 6. Once you are outside of the Upstart ranking, you will move up if you get top 4. You will lose rank if you end up below another player who has a worse ranking (Source). Your MMR (hidden rating) will jump around within the first 25 games or so, but once you've completed those it will fluctuate less.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I messed up my build and position and just gave up and ended third.
The game won't seem to let me play?

I started it up and it tells me a new version is available on the App Store and it is required to play. But I have the current version and not even deleting and re-downloading the app lets me play?
I had to go the update tab and pull down until it refreshed the new version

Status
Not open for further replies.