• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
screenshot_2019-07-2076k2o.png

This new meta is so fucking stupid, but I love it oh so much. 3* Venomancer was spawning like crazy and after that it was just sweep after sweep. I was at 10 my opponents in the high 70a still and I was dealing 40dmg per round. Last guy straight up rage quitted.
On another note, Econ needs to be a tad healthier than it is now if they really want 3* to matter so much. Both Sladar and Lycan could have been 3*, but that would have required a far slower burn to 3* Tier 1 units as I had to be rerolling a ton for them because my bench was too full. Another factor for this is also the much more fluid RNG, by the end game I wasn't seeing tier 1 heroes at all, you need to spend a metric fuckton in the late game, but the early game econ is reroll after reroll for quick 3* Tier 1s and 2s. If spawn rounds are gonna be so hard they need their own gold bonus depending on how many heroes you have left or something.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Man, I just had a Ven3*, Arc Warden 2* with a refresher orb, and a 3* Nature Prophet and a Summoning Stone. It was disgusting.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Not really feeling the new meta. Maybe it gets better when I get used to it but I prefered it before the patch tbh. Every game everyone has a venomancer now

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not feeling it either. Before the patch you could run the economy game and plan for late game. Now it feels like RNG galore where you need to roll early game and hope for the right lvl 2s and 3s to not get absolutely destroyed by mid game.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
SOme guy in my last game had a 3* axe by like round 6. Granted, it was Axe so the guy still lost, but he had a good like 15 rounds of dominating.

And yeah, 4 primordials wreck a lot of builds.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I been passing on blink dagger. That shit is fucking OP as fuck af
I never knew it gives 50 mana and you can blink every 15s and get 50 mana again. Goofy af

Not really feeling the new meta. Maybe it gets better when I get used to it but I prefered it before the patch tbh. Every game everyone has a venomancer now
You can beat it, it's just if you fall behind early and
544211052745981962.png
is not with you. You are in for a match where you literally have nothing and all you are going to do is watch as you die to zoo combos

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nerfing Kunka to the ground and then boosting Venomancer to absurd levels makes me question the direction the dev team is going. Is the whole game going to be "chase the weekly meta"? I'd hope the game manages to settle in a sort of middle ground where most units are at least a bit useful instead of these wide swings left and right.
The only unit I can see reliably beating Venomancer is Keeper of Light, but in both cases, that makes Crystal Maiden even more dominant.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nerfing Kunka to the ground and then boosting Venomancer to absurd levels makes me question the direction the dev team is going. Is the whole game going to be "chase the weekly meta"? I'd hope the game manages to settle in a sort of middle ground where most units are at least a bit useful instead of these wide swings left and right.
The only unit I can see reliably beating Venomancer is Keeper of Light, but in both cases, that makes Crystal Maiden even more dominant.
Lich beats veno kinda. So does furion

But yeah, it's still Beta and they seem to be experimenting and crunching.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah I'm not feeling it either. Before the patch you could run the economy game and plan for late game. Now it feels like RNG galore where you need to roll early game and hope for the right lvl 2s and 3s to not get absolutely destroyed by mid game.
Actually the RNG is far tighter now than before. I had only 1 win out of 5 games today, but each and every time I was trusting my gut, watching the hero pool and I never felt truly lucky. Came in 2nd place those 4 games with 4-5 3* with a good amount of alliance bonuses, just wasn't the right strat however to counter the enemy. Before I was lucky to even get 1 3*. They are focusing a lot now for the endgame to be an actual endgame with you using heroes you chose from the start with minimal strat swapping. And it works.
SOme guy in my last game had a 3* axe by like round 6. Granted, it was Axe so the guy still lost, but he had a good like 15 rounds of dominating.

And yeah, 4 primordials wreck a lot of builds.
Nah man, Axe with the brawny global item is the best tank at the moment. I won a game using only Axe for Brawny but still chose the alliance item, and it was a 3* no less, and I ended up with a 6k+HP monster tank.
V-Mancer right now os an uncontrollable beast not by design. It was ignored mostly this whole time, boosted by the Warlock nerf somehow and then because it was ignored they said fuck it and shot it down to T1 in hopes that maybe someone will finally use it. Its hilarious really cause they keep kick it down the ladder but it keeps coming back better than ever.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
i think people keep trying to play the same meta as prepatch when it doesnt work unless you hit every roll perfectly. you have to spend earlier

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started doing pushups and squats in-between rounds.

EZ workout, plus gam

Pushups if I lose, squats if I win

👩‍🌾

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
Game on Android is not working at all for me. Just loads the Valve logo and never moves beyond that. I've restarted it like 20 times, cleared all data, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted phone and nothing has worked.

Don't see anyone else with similar issues. ;(

Pixel 3 XL if you were curious.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game on Android is not working at all for me. Just loads the Valve logo and never moves beyond that. I've restarted it like 20 times, cleared all data, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted phone and nothing has worked.

no clue, I'm playing on PC
pixel 3 should play it easily

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
There are like a million interactions happening in this game that I basically have no clue why I won. I'm baby rank, but I won by choosing 8 buffs basically just for the daily, 3 of which were relevant to my team, and 0 items and somehow it worked. I THINK it was the combinations of the shaman passive that gives a 12% chance to chicken an attacker, and the primordial set bonus disarming. I also had druids and warlocks (didn't go Veno because 2 other people were.) so I had good healing too. Super weird game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are like a million interactions happening in this game that I basically have no clue why I won. I'm baby rank, but I won by choosing 8 buffs basically just for the daily, 3 of which were relevant to my team, and 0 items and somehow it worked. I THINK it was the combinations of the shaman passive that gives a 12% chance to chicken an attacker, and the primordial set bonus disarming. I also had druids and warlocks (didn't go Veno because 2 other people were.) so I had good healing too. Super weird game.
Yeah, the quests also teach you how to play different styles.
The chicken buff is good. I think I had a whole screen of chickens trying to kill my arc wardens

52club

Oct 27, 2017

I had a ton of problems on my pixel 2 xl. It wouldn't sign into steam.

On my iPad Pro it crashes 80% when a match is found then I have to reconnect. Mobile is kind of a shit show.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I almost won against a primordal build by having druids and demon hunters (no demon buff) and a PA.

The druid heal was amazing

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I love it when I get Slark along with Pocket Sand and MoM. He was carrying rounds by himself, doing up to like 14k a round.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
4 secs is too long imo. Cut it in half.

I tried to stack the Unstoppable Warrior passive but it didn't work. Was hoping 2+2 = 4 secs survive after receiving killing blow. lol

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Are three 1.600 XP quests consecutively normal? On my third now and other than the healing one the evading and summoning one can easily be done in one game.

Otherwise I hope the next patch comes a bit sooner. Don't understand why Venom and Razor are tier 1. Especially for the latter.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Are three 1.600 XP quests consecutively normal? On my third now and other than the healing one the evading and summoning one can easily be done in one game.

Otherwise I hope the next patch comes a bit sooner. Don't understand why Venom and Razor are tier 1. Especially for the latter.
They were heavily underutilized by most of the meta, and in a bid to boost the hero usage and the alliance bonus they shifted things around, while also trying to promote a healthy 3* Endgame Meta. What they didn't realize is T1 Razer to promote Primordials is about as stupidly fucking broken as you can get.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Screenshot-2019-07-21-14-52-30-830-com-valvesoftware-underlords.png

Global Items are cause I wasn't fully playing attention, but I still got 1st place. Was playing with ProtoPass bots for the pass exp, and it was insane. It was no joke, everyone was working econ amd I was level 6-7 against level 10s by round 20. But still, this combo was working so well.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
My first win this patch. And the easiest game ever lol

Got 3 2-stars at round 5 I think, and it snowballed pretty fast. QoP with mages is stupidly OP. Game was pretty much done when I got Techies**

navaNdu.jpg

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Just went up against this with no way of stopping it. Arc Warden was multiplying like rabbits. Nerf pls.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hate this meta already.

Everyone just goes Primordial, some guy had the full buff by level 10.
Everyone just spams adds. Eidolons, trees, worms, arc wardens, and etc. Just shit everywhere.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
0BF9B29D544AAD494917108E354D1960666A6608

Troll Warlord 450 DPS. He's pretty good. Got first this game thanks to him. He is too nutty.

66FB158940F2D50DA18AD4EB91EF74DD6D82534A

Yeah Primordials might be a bit powerful right now. Just a tad. Only got 3rd this game. Very tough lobby.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
It's gotten to the point that if I don't have a good global item in the first three rounds I'm just gonna leave. Especially when your enemies get that troll global item along with bedfellows. It's just already beyond over.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Screenshot-2019-07-21-14-52-30-830-com-valvesoftware-underlords.png

Global Items are cause I wasn't fully playing attention, but I still got 1st place. Was playing with ProtoPass bots for the pass exp, and it was insane. It was no joke, everyone was working econ amd I was level 6-7 against level 10s by round 20. But still, this combo was working so well.
That's because bedfellows is the most broken shit ever. It was strong before and they what, buffed it 10%? I literally have never lost a game when I get that global item in the first three rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.