• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
managed to salvage an awful game by going dragon/mage. Puck 3* is a beast at clutching 1v1 situations. 2s cd on phase shift + illusory orb and they're dishing out some great damage while dragging the fight out as well.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
managed to salvage an awful game by going dragon/mage. Puck 3* is a beast at clutching 1v1 situations. 2s cd on phase shift + illusory orb and they're dishing out some great damage while dragging the fight out as well.
One of my first wins was Dragon/Mage/Knight, and Puck is indeed vital to make it viable. Screw 1v1, Illusory orb with minimal cooldown can mow down entire boards if its a 3*, and you have the knights to pick off any stragglers.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So this game seems to have devolved into primordials the race game...

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Had a game with lvl 3 arc warden with a blink dagger, 4 primordials and lvl 3 Font of Creation. I'm part of the problem.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Rip "early this week". It'll probably be rolled into the Thursday/Friday patch at this point. Don't expect it today.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lycan:
  • Alliance changed from Human Warrior Savage to Human Hunter Savage
  • Lycan's Wolves are Hunter Savages
Primordials:
  • Level 1: Enemies attacking Primordial units have a 25% chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. This effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.
  • Level 2: Enemies attacking friendly units have a 25% chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. This effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.

YO

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hunter lycan booo
wer my sniper ssassin?

Arc Warden creates a copy of himself with the same health he currently has. The clone can use all of Arc Warden's current items and will attempt to attack the same enemy as his summoner. Whenever this clone dies, Arc Warden will create a new one.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Clockwork getting huge buffs as well which is good. He was very underwhelming for 3 cost. 10 armor, 950 health is super resilient. Scrappy maybe lowkey good now. It was quite close before.

Arc Warden isn't nutty anymore but just creating a copy of himself at the start of battle seems quite strong. throw a Dagon or a Moonshard and late game he'll do some work. He's not reliant on Crystal Maiden so you can actually put in another unit that does damage as well. I like the change quite a lot.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not the Arc Warden change I was expecting but it's still interesting at least. Just not the broken mess like it was before.

Lycan is a hunter now which helps that alliance a bit.

Now we wait for Phantom Lancer to be added for Arc Warden 2.0.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, if AW is bumped to tier 4, that means there's one unit less in tier 3.
In other words, having a 3* tier 3 unit has become a bit easier.

Medusa back on top is also very nice for hunters.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
That Lycan change..why? Weird.

Also am I reading that Jugg's attack speed lowers as he gets levels? Don't tell me I've been reading attack speed wrong. I thought that was how often they attack so lower better?

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Don't play dota but my impression is higher means you attack faster. Tidehunter and Tiny have .50 attack rate and attack very slowly.

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like I typically end up with at least 1 or 2 3*s in the current meta. Managed to get to Big Boss 3 after being in Big Boss 1 for what feels like 2 weeks. Then immediately tanked last night and have been on tilt since. The patch can't come any sooner.

EDIT: Didn't even notice the notes above. Lycan change hurts Savages early, since you can't get the 3 Warrior buff anymore. But will be nice to play Hunters again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wolves hunt in pack. Them being Hunter units now with the hunter item is a huge boost. Lycan was always a good unit, now he's among the best.

Disappointed they didn't change Crystal Maiden. She was part of the AW problem, now she's part of the Venomancer problem, as well as Mage and probably other dominant strategies. Passive mana generation is too powerful in this game.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Wolves hunt in pack. Them being Hunter units now with the hunter item is a huge boost. Lycan was always a good unit, now he's among the best.

Disappointed they didn't change Crystal Maiden. She was part of the AW problem, now she's part of the Venomancer problem, as well as Mage and probably other dominant strategies. Passive mana generation is too powerful in this game.

She has no other point, might as well get rid of her if you do that. She also practically works in any comp, so her being good isn't that bad.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
omg, three games today, started at lieutenant IV, made first place and only got to V, then I place third twice in a row and still no level up :(

She has no other point, might as well get rid of her if you do that. She also practically works in any comp, so her being good isn't that bad.

They could always tone down the mana buff and give her one of her dota active skills.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That Lycan change..why? Weird.

Also am I reading that Jugg's attack speed lowers as he gets levels? Don't tell me I've been reading attack speed wrong. I thought that was how often they attack so lower better?
Because there were already more than enough warriors and hunters needed one good unit. It being Melee helps, too.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
99% sure it goes away, but I was wrong with attack speed so what do I know

Sounds boring. I like the idea of a support character that could fit in most teams. Would be nice if we had another non combat orientated unit.
It goes away yes.
Auto chess has Dazzle, maybe we will get that one soon.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Scrappy bonus apply to veno wards? It applies to Eidolons.

Status
Not open for further replies.