• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
The new bloodbound item is great. Had it on a medusa with warlock/ogre on my team. Warlocks overall don't seem too bad at first try.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first legit win - going to try and embed the win photo. Got some semi decent luck early on, and was trying to transition from my random setup, to a hunter alliance bolstered with some meat from juggernaut...

Was having trouble with some assasins at the end - they had 6 if not 9 - and were critting all over the place. I tried spacing my units out a bit and that seemed to suck the assassins into little pockets so they couldn't gang up on me.

Zgt3Mq7.png

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait for the battlepass. They really need something beyond a ladder to grind for. TFT is doing great work in that aspect.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FC6380C2395FA88E6B95789CDC89C0D317F63002

I was one away from 3* templar assassin too! The game ended too soon! Assassins are so good and no one ever goes them. I don't understand. They're so much fun and because no one goes them you can easily get some 3*. And Retaliate continues to be insane with Slarder and the other Scaled units. Everything hitting Slarder at the start and taking 80 damage a second is just insane. And he's defensive enough where he'll survive a bit too.

This match pushed me up to Boss V. Hopefully I can join the pros at Big Boss rank soon.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just had this beauty of a game.

O6nlIqR.jpg

Final board:

72d6rhd.jpg

Disruptor got a ton of bonus HP. Arc Warden with the refresher is insane. I wanted the level 3 so bad to see it just fill the whole screen

Wish I had a radiance for that level 3 bat. Would have been doing some major damage.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
If you get lucky and got the Brawny passive with Axe/Beastmaster to start, they'll rack up kills thus gaining tons of hp. It sucks if you get brawny stuff mid game as they can't get kills much often than early game though.

Got like a 5k hp 2 star Beastmaster yesterday.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final 3
One person has fucking Octarine Essence on Kunkka, endless boats
The other has Octarine Essence on Shadow Shaman, endless chickens

Fucking broken L2 item.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017

Got the troll and demon item, turns out they wreck. Went into the final two with less than 30 health to my opponent's 80+. Picked up Vicious Intent and Desperate Measures and won with 3 health left. Also got promoted to Boss.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
roughly 20 rounds at 4hp and then won. Get fucked everyone else (this is on top of me fucking up and picking up an eidolon item)
BaBOTO3.png

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
In a game right now, I have lvl 2 crystal maiden and lvl 2 arc warden with Big Time Contract. Kinda gross.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Everyone was level 9 and 10, and I was holding on there for a good fucking while at Leve 7.. Lose streak nerf and the RNG handing me the pieces i needed and especially the expensive ones meant that the gold I was earning was always scarce, which undid me in the end. In any case, I said I was gonna do it and I am gonna continue until I can get 1st place. Brawly/Warlock/Warrior/Demon and whatever else you can fit will become the next big strat, I guarantee it. I mean look at this dmg total, and I'm not even first. AND I did this without the Brawly and Warlock Global Items, otherwise shit would have been OP.
Screenshot-2019-07-05-10-24-49-107-com-valvesoftware-underlords.png

Mercers

Oct 26, 2017
4 warlocks,3 warriors + dusa is busted right now, haven't lost a single game so far with it, its hilarious seeing a unit go from 0 health to full after 1 warlock casts a spell

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
After the update I've experiencing crashes on both mobile and pc. :|

I hope they can fix it

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
just got 4 blood bound items

set a bunch of dummies with them and then troll warlord with it in the back

easily won that match (with only level 2s)

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just played my next game and got back to back wins - power start early and then just kept managing econ versus upgrades. I was generally lower level than everyone else the whole game, but higher quality units. Pus i got pocket sand ;-)

aAhe15X.png

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I envy you guys can pull an Assassin. I never had success on it.
- -

My only win today. Tinker doing work but it was a hard game. From 6th to 1st. What a weird game, enemies comp and positions are wildly different so positioning my mages are abit tricky. 70% of the game I had 1 warlock sacrifice though for the bonus.

QNUaBKG.jpg

8cN2lxH.jpg

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Did Trolls/Knights/Dragons get nerfed? I used to never lose with that strat and while I'm still doing well, I haven't pulled a win since the patch

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not sold on the Warlock alliance buff, but the Warlock unit now is really strong. Overall this patch has not been kind to me, experimentation + bad rng.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
FC6380C2395FA88E6B95789CDC89C0D317F63002

I was one away from 3* templar assassin too! The game ended too soon! Assassins are so good and no one ever goes them. I don't understand. They're so much fun and because no one goes them you can easily get some 3*. And Retaliate continues to be insane with Slarder and the other Scaled units. Everything hitting Slarder at the start and taking 80 damage a second is just insane. And he's defensive enough where he'll survive a bit too.

This match pushed me up to Boss V. Hopefully I can join the pros at Big Boss rank soon.

Because they lose late game usually

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Summon teams are so fun.
hpVXs7n.png

He was in first place. If only I had that one global item to double the dmg.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The experience on iOS right now is truly awful. Long queues and extreme rank variance when the game finally puts people in a match.

I realize this is Valve's first time dealing with Apple's update process, but wow.
Yeah it's a bummer because it'll probably be the same situation when the battlepass comes out next week.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Because they lose late game usually

That's not my experience at all at Boss V. Usually I lose the early game because you need to get 6 units for 3 warriors + 3 assassins. Late game you just snowball into your Slark 3 or QoP 3. I lose because I take too much damage early on trying to hold off. Chalk it up to differing playstyles.

Summon teams are so fun.
hpVXs7n.png

He was in first place. If only I had that one global item to double the dmg.

Yeah the new patch made summoning teams a lot of fun. I didn't quite reach those numbers but I had Tooth and Claw, Summoning Stone, Veno 3, and refresher orb on Lone Druid 3. Those Lone Druid Bears hit really hard. Summoning teams seem to be in a much better spot now that Lycan's wolves are fixed and Veno is significantly better.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Second place in this one - the other person repositioned and wiped the floor with me...I also spent approximately 80-90 gold re-rolling to try and get my pudge to level 3....was one pudge away for ages :-(

Check out the damage though - 545k feels pretty significant!? Was using strange bedfellows and the deomon hunter at level 3. It could one-shot most things, including level 3's, provided it stayed alive long enough.

7i30wT3.png

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
lol so an iOS dev on Reddit said that Apple only releases app updates on Thursdays so we might not get an iOS Underlords update until next week at which point the battlepass is supposed to come out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
That's not my experience at all at Boss V. Usually I lose the early game because you need to get 6 units for 3 warriors + 3 assassins. Late game you just snowball into your Slark 3 or QoP 3. I lose because I take too much damage early on trying to hold off. Chalk it up to differing playstyles.

Once it is down to a few players, you can position yourself to beat assassins. Also, when I say assassins, I mean more than 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.