• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I got a couple nice wins today. Still slumming around Boss 2, unfortunately. I think I have improved my skill in the last day though. Hoping to get a bit higher.

CUTQV0M.jpg

This one was really cool. I got the trolls global item and a lvl 2 drow early. It turns out that that setup murders people for a very long time. Then your power dips around round 27 or so. I got retaliate and dropped medusa and tidehunter in front and murdered the competition.

9Ggznkb.jpg

Assassins are really good if you play them right. I put the silencer mask on slark and and used the scaled alliance to get an easy win.

Once it is down to a few players, you can position yourself to beat assassins. Also, when I say assassins, I mean more than 3.
I do think this is mostly true, but a good assassin player will position well to bait you out of your corner, it makes it a bit of a wash if your assassins build is at top power. But, if you don't position right v. assassins, you are screwed.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just had another win. I'm 2 for 3 this week.

fZg7i7M.jpg

cVC92W7.jpg

Finally managed to make a troll build work. Got perfect synergy with my items.

Ended up winning with the disruptor disabling the level 3 lone druid every time and my team draining his mana so he never got to pull out the bear before dying.

I tried positioning my units to give maximum bonus from the trolls. Everybody was attacking like a machine gun. Troll was doing 6K+ damage a round.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first win! Set out with Trolls in mind, and had just read over some Hero Abilities, so I also nabbed Drow early for ASpeed Steroids. I fell way down, but by the end I had like an 11-win streak with 27 health left.

Full Troll, lots of Heartless, had the Chicken passive to shut off an enemy every round (made Dragon round hilarious), ended up with twin Drows to roid everyone, and then the game even gave me Daedalus for one of my Troll Warlords.

Oh and I had a Lich, who seriously did work, despite being 1*

By the end, my rounds looked like Tower Defense games end up looking once you're fully set up lol. Everything just got mowed down. Quickly.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting Bloodseeker isn't Bloodbound. I mean blood is in his name...

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
After many games after the patch where I was often jostling for spots 2 to 4 at big boss, I finally had a game where my team was winning the battles so effortlessly in the final rounds. I had less than 10 health left so I wasn't dominating all game long, but the other two teams had no chance at the end.

k6QSbvL.jpg

And to be honest, I don't really know why this team specifically works so much better than all the rest, I've tried the warlock with good stuff before and it is still often a struggle. Final Flash didn't matter because mages never got that low. I was wondering how good Indomitable Will was as well (with all the bullshit aoe crowd control flying around at the end of games) but considering there's only two humans at the front line, it can't be that. I think it's probably a combination of all the good to nice items I had and getting the 2* tier 5s fairly luckily.

Actually hmm I dunno, I feel I can't really replicate this success, maybe the other teams just sucked for once. I did cry foul near the end because the two other opponents lost once each to my team and both times they were dealt 0 damage. Unfortunately I didn't watch the battles but it felt like they were cheating somehow.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
When should you replace a low level unit that might be 2 or 3 star for a higher level unit? Sometimes I don't know if I should just keep them and forgo the higher ones because I feel invested in my units.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
When should you replace a low level unit that might be 2 or 3 star for a higher level unit? Sometimes I don't know if I should just keep them and forgo the higher ones because I feel invested in my units.
Depends on what role they play. If you have a tusk it can be replaced for stronger units as the beast bonus is a tad too specific, but if you have an Axe that has been around from Round 1 and the brawly global items its irreplaceable. Same thing with enchantress, if you are a madlad and trying to run a full 4 Druid team and only have her at 2*, she automatically goes up to 3 and its good to have one on your roster. Dunno about the other though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on your makeup

The 5 golders at level 8 are pretty gamebreaking.
If you can afford it try subbing in and see what happens.
If it doesn't win you can always sub your original hero back in.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Won a game using wicked heart to hard counter all the warlock builds, that was awesome. Just crammed all the five available heartless heroes into my team and watched the enemy melt themselves faster the stronger they got. Still had a level 2 treant by the time I won. Pretty funny.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
When it says, units one cell away will get so and so buff, does that mean units to the top, down, left, and right of the unit? Or do diagonal also count? (top right, top left, back right, back left?

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When it says, units one cell away will get so and so buff, does that mean units to the top, down, left, and right of the unit? Or do diagonal also count? (top right, top left, back right, back left?

Diagonals count.

----------------------

I lived the Dragon Dream today. Double DK and Double Dragon's Hoard. No damage items but it didn't matter. I love that the game allows dumb shit like this.

45586E9353C46E475C2643C732F67580A695F215

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

I tried it for the first time, I only ended up getting second. I had four inventors and assassins. The inventors would tank and they also had unstable reactor, so they did decent damage when they died and the assassins could clean up. The combo was actual good, but the other player just had a pretty much unbeatable comp.

Tier 3 Phantom Assassin could two shot heroes. I'd love to see what she'd be like with the rapier. lol

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So this Trolls/Knight build is something else. I'm sure it could have been better with a different group of knights but those were the only ones I saw. Had the global troll item also so the attack speed was ridiculous.

oqeNf95.jpg

I'm still surprised they didn't do anything to balance knights. You can roll the early rounds with two knights,

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I salvaged an awful start with a 6 knights + 1 blood bonded Troll

Came in 2nd with a score of 13-13 lol

Got Troll very late so Luna was dealing damage 80% of the game. But ofcourse the counter is an Assassin comp which destroyed me late game.

Also, Blinking SF is amazing.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
They should buff Battlefury. One of the most useless high tier item in the game.

Most DPS heroes are ranged heroes anyway. Only heroes that can benefit most are PA and Slark.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You know, I really wonder if and when they are gonna bring character design changes for the Ranks. Axe changes appearance between 1 and 2, but that's about it. Its superificial, but right now its the one thing I really enjoy about AC and Chess Rush. Gives you a nice sense of Growth to see them change like that.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Got 3 levels today from 5 games. (2nd, 4th, 7th, 2nd, 1st). Weird.

Warlock buff actually buffed Demons. It's fucking stupid how much damage an SF with blink does. He'll blink in near those range enemies and take like 60-70% HP even at lvl 1. And he only needs 2-3 attacks to get the mana due to blink bonus mana. Then he'll recover HP instantly if you got another warlock.
Unless of course, he gets stunned or hooked.

Anyway, just casual TB 1 hitting anyone.

lx6j3m8.jpg

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
lol just tried Chess Rush and won immediately. I think the player base here is way more knowledgeable which is why I have such a tough time actually winning.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
You know, I really wonder if and when they are gonna bring character design changes for the Ranks. Axe changes appearance between 1 and 2, but that's about it. Its superificial, but right now its the one thing I really enjoy about AC and Chess Rush. Gives you a nice sense of Growth to see them change like that.
Actually, Axe *does* have appearance changes between all three levels. As does Doom. It seems like they're going to be adding them to the game as soon as they get the designs finished. I definitely agree though, and am excited for when all heroes are finished.

lol just tried Chess Rush and won immediately. I think the player base here is way more knowledgeable which is why I have such a tough time actually winning.
The amount of polish in Chess Rush, the customization options for characters and boards, and how they make the game actually feel like a multiplayer game, has me pretty hooked on it. There are a lot of aspects of the game that I'd like to see implemented in Underlords.

And yeah, the skill of players seems to be higher in Underlords for sure. Higher than both Auto Chess and Chess Rush.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
I really hate this game. I want to try something else and not always go for Axe and Tusk and so and then get shit RNG and have no synergy at all in the end.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting second, and I keep saying I'll go "one more round, because minions are the one after that, then I'll shuffle everything"

Note: just shuffle everything then, losing by a hair because you didn't upgrade a character or two for the fourth time won't be fun

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
I love that summons are a viable strategy now. Perhaps not the best strategy, but definitely a ton of fun. Venomancer is so good now!

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's just the start and i'm at low level, but the game really doesn't seem that balanced.
some clusters of classes have a clear advantage compared to the rest

already won 4/5 times, but again, i expect the competition to increase with levels

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it's just the start and i'm at low level, but the game really doesn't seem that balanced.
some clusters of classes have a clear advantage compared to the rest
Some alliances are geared towards early game or late game... For example, Hunters or Mages are common late game builds (Warrior/Hunter or Knight/Mage) but hunters are mostly 3/4* units and Mages are generally awful until the mid game when you can start building in a lot of damage with merged units, Shadow fiend, and the magic reduction. Druids are very powerful early but tend to fall off by late game, and Warlock/Shaman/Heartless are typically secondary alliances.

There's a whole bunch of viable builds, and part of the game is adapting to what the RNG tosses your way. A learning curve definitely exists though.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tell us what classes you're struggling with or think are too strong and we can grant you dat auto chess knawledge to help you out

right now the strongest classes seem to be knights, cavalry, wild and druid...druid in particular it's pretty broken when you get the best mixup..classes like demon hunter,dragon and a bunch of others seem really underrepresented in comparison

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
So this Trolls/Knight build is something else. I'm sure it could have been better with a different group of knights but those were the only ones I saw. Had the global troll item also so the attack speed was ridiculous.

oqeNf95.jpg

I'm still surprised they didn't do anything to balance knights. You can roll the early rounds with two knights,

Honestly, that isn't why you won, it is the warlocks. Necro and Witch Doctor are somewhat busted unless your opponent gets wicked intent. Put an Octarine Essence on them and win 90% of the rounds.

Necro is especially OP. I don't think I have ever not come in the top 2 if I have at least 2 warlocks and one of them is necro.

Witch Doctor is useful and allows you to throw a Troll Warlord in the group for dps.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, that isn't why you won, it is the warlocks. Necro and Witch Doctor are somewhat busted unless your opponent gets wicked intent. Put an Octarine Essence on them and never lose a game.

Necro is especially OP. I don't think I have ever not come in the top 2 if I have at least 2 warlocks and one of them is necro.
Witch Doctor is useful and allows you to throw a Troll Warlord in the group for dps.
I didn't get the 2* necro until the last round. I was way ahead of everyone before I even got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.