• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GdXpQjG.jpg

Got double savage buff, double troll buff and refresher orb
melted like 🦋

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
I had 2 Enchantresses, 2 Treant Protectors, 2 Nature's Prophet at like round 13, about 30-ish gold, and I thought, I just need to roll one or twice and I'll be winning most battles from now on. It must be worth it right.

I rolled like 3 times, didn't see anything, I proceeded to tilt and spent the rest of my money rolling another 10 times and I still didn't see anything. I then lost the game at 7th and I deserved it.

Now I know what this game reminds me of, this is a freaking gacha game.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I just got unlucky, I think it's still the right call. I was taking a bit too much damage too.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Game gave me a win for the first time in awhile. Knights+Trolls might be the strongest combination right now imo. I tried forcing it and got lucky, also had troll and savage globals.
E2XkqRc.png

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
I tried to play the tutorial the other day but I just didn't understand it. How long do games last? How do I know who to pick and where to place them?

Is there any good YouTubers I can watch?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to play the tutorial the other day but I just didn't understand it. How long do games last? How do I know who to pick and where to place them?

20-40min

It's match 3, kinda trial and error to start

I like Krip (pro streamer/card player), but there are lots of em

Sunsfan (dota personality)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm going back and forth between Outlaw 4/5 just trying shit out to see what works and what doesn't. I mean I know what are the popular strats and easy win teams, obviously, but there has to be a way to bypass this, no way is the balance so skewed that nothing else can win. So far:
-Scrappy/Inventor cannot work for shit despite Techies and Gyromaster.
-Anything Scaled+Warlock is gamebreakingly stupid.
-Knigjts only work now if you a melee support, like Trolls/Brawny/Warrior, anything else and you can lose real fast.
Actually, Axe *does* have appearance changes between all three levels. As does Doom. It seems like they're going to be adding them to the game as soon as they get the designs finished. I definitely agree though, and am excited for when all heroes are finished.

The amount of polish in Chess Rush, the customization options for characters and boards, and how they make the game actually feel like a multiplayer game, has me pretty hooked on it. There are a lot of aspects of the game that I'd like to see implemented in Underlords.

And yeah, the skill of players seems to be higher in Underlords for sure. Higher than both Auto Chess and Chess Rush.
DAC and DU have somewhat similar metas with a lot of crossover, so high skill players translated their knowledge to DU with minimal effort and easy. Chess Rush is based off the same things, bit its meta is stupidly more complex.
-Oceanborn(scaled) are easier to obtain and use in battle, but have a lower life expectancy on the board so you would want to actually focus on them instead of having it as a support bonus or -role.
-Same thing with demons and punishers(Demon Hunters). You want that 50% Damage Bonus per demon? You gotta have the 1 Punisher that isn't a Demon, and then the Punisher Demon and 3 other Demons. So that's 5 units to cover a Demon strat, which leaves you room for little else. Its like strange bedfellows and the alliance bonus had a baby.
-Riders(Knights)give the bonus independent of positioning, which is nice. What's not so nice is that a Rider Strat would cripple you from anything else, cause it covers anything from Goblins(Trolls) to Elves(Elusives). Like there is a rider for almost anything. Which then leads to Dragons hilariously enough being useless.
-This also applies some what to Furries, which are basically Brawnies. There are like what, 5/6 brawnies and they all fall near the other melee types, right? Well here they also gain an assasin, and as ridiculous as it sounds Brawny/Assassin is a totally viable strat.

Chess Rush deserves a chance for this alone. Its metas balance is off the charts in how well anything can work, and its Turbo mode is Auto Chess on steroids. I'm talking about 3 stars by like round 6.

Last edited:

circuit

Oct 27, 2017

I'm new and just play bots so don't have great advice, but I slightly prefer 3-warrior alliance early, and/or a couple druids. Anything can kill the creeps in first three rounds, and you can refund heroes whenever you want, so pick whoever looks fun. You can tell if a hero is melee or ranged by clicking on it after putting it on field, if you don't like the hero then refund it. You might learn faster by focusing on tier 1 heroes (1-cost), and only getting tier 2 (2-cost) if they complete an alliance you want. Late game I like to get scaled alliance with Medusa and any of the other scaled alliance heroes, unless my team is already godlike.

I wouldn't worry about positioning too much. If you're mostly melee then position as natural. If you have good ranged then a bottom corner to discourage assassins behind them? If at least two good tanks, and no clump synergy, then consider splitting into two corners to help reduce AOE.

Axe is a newb friendly taunt, Pudge gets tons of Health. It's nice to take damage early to trigger summons such as Lone Druid and Lycan. Kunkka is a melee with an AOE ability you want to use ASAP, so I think he's a good example of someone else you want to position to take some early frontline damage.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to stay away from druids. They are good early on, but I always struggle to pivot to something else quickly enough and they end up taking too much allotment and I'm stuck. Being a hoarder sucks in this game.
The last game, I ended up with the 4 druids 3 stars, killing everything until the last enemy got a 2 stars Tide Hunter and I stopped winning anything. I went to 100hp to 0 in 5 battles...
Maybe if the druids could go to 4 stars...?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I went full Scrappy and Inventor with four into Warlock and I only placed third. I even had a T3 Clockwerk, Timbersaw, and Bounty Hunter. It just got straight demolished by the other players running Warlock + whatever.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really need to stay away from druids. They are good early on, but I always struggle to pivot to something else quickly enough and they end up taking too much allotment and I'm stuck. Being a hoarder sucks in this game.
The last game, I ended up with the 4 druids 3 stars, killing everything until the last enemy got a 2 stars Tide Hunter and I stopped winning anything. I went to 100hp to 0 in 5 battles...
Maybe if the druids could go to 4 stars...?
Druid is already too OP in early game enough for me to consider as "only right choice". The class would even become worse than pre-nerf mages if they do not fall off lategame.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
They should knock one of the Inventor T5s down to T3/T4, give them +5/+10 mana generation for the 2/4 bonus, and give at least the lower tiers an extra alliance each -- something like Clockwerk Warrior, Timbersaw Brawny/Savage/Hunter, Tinker Deadeye -- and then... maybe they'd be alright.

Right now they're like Trolls if the Bat didn't have Knight and Witch Doctor didn't have Warlock -- there's just nothing to hold them over at all until you scrape by and luck into the top tier. And even then, I'd rather have 4 Trolls and let the Troll Warrior go ham rather than 4 Inventors with either of the T5s.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm just going to force knights + trolls/archers until there's some patch to change that. Shit is too strong, long as I don't get terrible rolls it guarantees a top spot.

I think both assassins and inventors need a shake up. Assassins need a late game unit other than PA, inventor needs a unit 3-4 unit.

Overall the game needs more DPS units that aren't archers/mages.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every time I check back in on this (and AC back in the day) people are complaining about knights being either too weak or too strong.

Anyways, I gotta jump back into this, Shadowbringers dragged me away for a bit but I'm starting to get cravings again.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, everything is Knights and trolls now

untitledfasj6q.png

and coordinated assault made this team even more stupid. I think Valve should remove global items from the game...

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, everything is Knights and trolls now

untitledfasj6q.png

and coordinated assault made this team even more stupid. I think Valve should remove global items from the game...
been saying it day one
they are broken and goofy af

I got Silver Lining for the first time
Get 1 charge when you win a fight. When you lose a fight, if charges remain, get 1 gold and lose 1 charge.
I had 10 heroes and 50 gold at one point
didn't have enough time to refresh the hero list 25x

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Global items are my favorite addition of the game :( . I wouldn't be opposed to them being reworked, like have certain neutral rounds where you're only offered global items, and other neutral rounds where it's regular items.

Fancolours

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a date for turbo mode? I don't mind the game as is on PC, but the only reason I prefer Chess Rush right now on mobile is because I can have a quick 15 minutes match there.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like this change at all, and not looking forward to faster games either. Looking like I"ll just switch to TFT if they're going to make it like that anyways.
Turbo is very likely going to be some sort of separate playlist I would imagine. Symmetrical battles would probably be standard though if they do that.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yeah i much prefer clone armies. endgame is so much fun when you're both at 10 life and repelling each others armies for several rounds.

honestly i would be okay with it if they made it a seasonal thing. so one season is clones and the other season is 1v1.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I think clone battle is actually more strategic because you have more opportunities to see how your team does against others since there are 8 battles going on instead of 4. But symmetrical will help address some of the social issues with the game and it's simply more intuitive. Pretty much every friend I've introduced to DAC/UL assumed it was symmetrical during their first games.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
been saying it day one
they are broken and goofy af

I got Silver Lining for the first time

I had 10 heroes and 50 gold at one point
didn't have enough time to refresh the hero list 25x
They should at least not be stackable. Double demon buff is just dumb as hell.

Silver Lining is absolute crap now though. You'd have to win 20 rounds and lose 20 rounds (and live), which either means no win and lose streaks or getting super high damage later on, just to get 20 gold extra in 40 rounds. It's absolutely not worth it now. You're better off just going for streaks.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would help social issues? Being able to talk to other players. I don't see non-clone armies help at all when I can't even communicate with other players.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
I'm not sure I see the benefit of clone battles. Other than stalling out endgame, is there a reason people are considering leaving the game if the clone system is removed?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I see the benefit of clone battles. Other than stalling out endgame, is there a reason people are considering leaving the game if the clone system is removed?

I think the clone system is more strategic. You get twice as much data on fights with cloning, so you're able to figure out if a win was luck or consistant. You also can judge how your team does against someone you haven't faced yet, or haven't faced in awhile. Overall it's less rng both for strategy and outcome of the winner.

End game is also a lot more exciting if both players are good. There being multiple outcomes (win/win, loss/loss, win/loss, loss/win) means you have to make better choices end game. Do you save your money cause you might both win or just spend it all because you might lose? In a non cloned battle you know there's going to be a loser or winner, so less decision making.

It's easily one of the best aspects of this genre, to see it get tossed away so quickly is disappointing. I will admit initially the system seems backwards and wrong, but once I realized what it added to the game I loved it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Some items are just useless. Font of Creation is so bad. The adds barely do anything. I even tried to be clever and combine it with Summoning Stone and they still were ass. lol

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
You know what's bad? Force staff. I've never had a situation where it wasn't a detriment to my team to equip it to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.