• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
🎁 proctopatch 💝

Does anyone have any tips for late game? Is it mainly getting tide or enigma in no matter what?

After the randomness of 2 stars in early rounds I can consistently win or outperform through levels say 10 to 25, and then it just seems to become random? I can't really figure out how I'm winning or losing (mainly losing), and so I'm not sure how to adjust.

Korner mages is also incredibly good, 9 assassins if you can level them up enough and good items.

I'll usually save up for a ⭐ ⭐ 5 golder though

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
🎁 proctopatch 💝

Korner mages is also incredibly good, 9 assassins if you can level them up enough and good items.

I'll usually save up for a ⭐ ⭐ 5 golder though
Ok cheers. I've seen people mention corner kotl? Can assassins literally not get into the corners?

I think it does a big white spam of something across the board!?

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
Does anyone have any tips for late game? Is it mainly getting tide or enigma in no matter what?

After the randomness of 2 stars in early rounds I can consistently win or outperform through levels say 10 to 25, and then it just seems to become random? I can't really figure out how I'm winning or losing (mainly losing), and so I'm not sure how to adjust.

Positioning wins you late game. You can look at your opponent's board and see what their formation is.

They have a tidehunter upfront, put a human to attack it so they silence it. Vice versa, they have humans, move your stuff so they attack something who doesn't have a big ability, like pudge or slardar.

They have assassins, put your tanks in the back. Pick up a techies.

They have enigma, spread your army out.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017

I very much agree with this reddit thread. you end up throwing out all the synergies you worked for out the window just to field the strongest units. Medusa, Engima, Lich, Kunkka, Disruptor, etc are basically all autoincludes.I also think it's sort of a problem early where you just want 2* units and synergies don't matter at all. Synergies only seem to matter from like rounds 11 to round 21. It makes builds like 6 assassins or 6 hunters feel real bad

Not sure what the solution would be. I'm still very much enjoying the game but this is definitely on my list of things I hope Valve addresses in future updates.

DAC had this issue too (mostly), but TFT has low dependence on legendary units. having played a billion hours of both, i think a large factor is just how little punishment there is in DU for going econ -- you really don't take that much damage maintaining lose streaks while building econ in DU, so there is little incentive to spend money early on rerolls and team building. whereas in TFT you are constantly spending money to reroll and fix your comp because you can get blown out very quickly.

another factor is how big the pool of units is in DU compared to TFT. because it is easier to 3-star units in TFT, you hang onto these powerful units for much longer, which feeds itself back into the loop of damaging enemy players and forcing them to sacrifice econ to mitigate you.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another biggie is how easy it is to win the neutral fights. Even basic bodies can kill the creeps and at least 1 item is assured with out without winning.

How do people find the time to play this game? Game rounds seem to take over half an hour.. is that normal?
yup, 20-50m

it's fun, if you win

apparently there is a turbo mode which amy or may not be launchign today's patch

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Any second now.... really excited to see today's patch. Battlepass will obviously be awesome but hopefully we some more alliance balance.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if they are waiting for Apple to approve the patch before releasing it to everyone. It'd be nice if we all got it at the same time.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Tier 5 units were too strong in the original mod too imo. They need a nerf across the board and they need to think about how they handle aoe units, they will always be strong. Maybe making aoe ultimates cost more, or scale with that units alliance so you can't just drop them in any team with no thought.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
DAC had this issue too (mostly), but TFT has low dependence on legendary units. having played a billion hours of both, i think a large factor is just how little punishment there is in DU for going econ -- you really don't take that much damage maintaining lose streaks while building econ in DU, so there is little incentive to spend money early on rerolls and team building. whereas in TFT you are constantly spending money to reroll and fix your comp because you can get blown out very quickly.

That might be true in the last patch but it's no longer true in the latest patch for Underlords. Rerolling is still generally something you only do because you either are really rich or you know you're going to die soon if you don't, but you do want to team build early on or you will get too far behind. Lose streaks and silver lining were nerfed in the latest patch.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
That might be true in the last patch but it's no longer true in the latest patch for Underlords. Rerolling is still generally something you only do because you either are really rich or you know you're going to die soon if you don't, but you do want to team build early on or you will get too far behind. Lose streaks and silver lining were nerfed in the latest patch.

it's significantly easier to econ in DU compared to TFT. you want to build a team, yeah, but with how interest works in DU, you just grab every unit, pray for pairs and 2*s, and greed your way up to 50 gold. in TFT, you must find time to reroll multiple times throughout every stage of the game.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
po2f5do2dr931.jpg

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so here's the deal: Our build was locked down but we just found an issue so we need to go back, fix, and restart the process. The patch is not shipping today, but we hope this is the last thing we have to do and be ready for tomorrow. I hope that in a little bit we can post a website with the content of the free Proto Pass. So you all can start going through it and seeing what it contains. Then tomorrow as soon as we can we'll release the update.

Medusa:
Split Shot:
Changed extra shots from 3 to 2.
Will ignore nearby targets that happen to be outside Medusa's attack range.

Warlock alliance no longer triggers on item activate, just spell activate.

Edit: ^

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Mini Q&A in Discord.
[00:22] Finol: Ok so here's the deal: Our build was locked down but we just found an issue so we need to go back, fix, and restart the process. The patch is not shipping today, but we hope this is the last thing we have to do and be ready for tomorrow. I hope that in a little bit we can post a website with the content of the free Proto Pass. So you all can start going through it and seeing what it contains. Then tomorrow as soon as we can we'll release the update.

[00:22] Finol: We'll update twitter, etc with the website but we might as well update you guys right now.

[00:23] Finol: We really hoped to get it done today, but it's a big one with a bunch of new systems.

[00:23] Finol: No, 1v1 is scheduled for next week.

[00:24] Finol: The team is already working on the next update, this one is done and locked. Only fixing crashes and big issues.

[00:26] Finol: @NiXsSs It's tricky, the reason we don't post patch notes ahead of time is because it creates confusion. "Is it out or not? Where's the Proto Pass? I don't see it"

[00:26] Finol: I can give you a few spoilers though

[00:26] Finol: hero/alliance/item?

[00:27] Finol: There isn't a LOT of balance changes this week. We are saving them for a big balance refresh next week.

[00:27] Finol: I mean there's this

[00:27] Finol: Medusa:

Split Shot:

Changed extra shots from 3 to 2.

Will ignore nearby targets that happen to be outside Medusa's attack range.

[00:28] Vee: @Finol will interest calculation ever be changed?

[00:28] Finol: Vee For sure, everything is up for changing.

[00:29] Finol: Warlock alliance no longer triggers on item activate, just spell activate.

[00:29] Quatix (PATCH when?): UI rework without switching tabs for PC? planed or not?

[00:29] Finol: @Quatix (PATCH when?) YES, someone is already working on it.

[00:29] Peterscraps: No free pass, I want to give you money

[00:29] Finol: @Peterscraps Eventually, right now help us figure out what should be in the battle pass.

[00:30] sheeep: finol eta for patch notes

[00:30] Finol: No ETA, that's why you guys are losing your minds right now.

[00:30] Finol: But we hope the moment its ready we go.

[00:30] Merkury: Any news on underlords yet? Like the underlords?

[00:30] Finol: @Merkury We're working on them, no date just yet.

[00:30] basurita: Add flag country into leaderboards 😦

[00:31] Finol: I like that idea

[00:31] SRM_MadKing: @Finol is there a chance there's a nerf or removal of Higher Class of Criminal? It seems like that item dominates the endgame since you can more easily transition into "5 dollar good stuff with 2*"

[00:32] Finol: @SRM_MadKing For sure, not sure what yet but we're thinking it over.

[00:32] Mr.Grieves: @Finol maps will be available as soon as the BP goes live?

[00:32] Finol: @Mr.Grieves Not immediately, but you will get a free board with the proto-pass. It will selectable next week.

[00:33] Dahl: Is the next weeks patch gonna be like huge?

[00:33] Finol: @Dahl I think so

[00:34] El Kurto: @Finol Thanks for this awesome communication, the ranked and matchmaking changes are for the next week patch?

[00:34] Finol: @El Kurto Not next week. But very soon.

[00:35] Loverdose: Will you keep adding new models for the upgraded units?

[00:36] Finol: Loverdose yes! They are coming along, we should have a batch of heroes soon.

[00:39] DanSwanö: @Finol any performance improvements on mobile? My phone still runs it really badly after round 20

[00:40] Finol: @DanSwanö Many iOS and Android perf work was done this week. Should be faster. Same with Battery Life.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it'll be a busy few weeks in terms of updates. Curious to see what's in the proto pass.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just reached BB3 after slumming it up with Warlocks + Good Stuff builds, transitioned from whatever carried me through early/mid game. Looking forward to larger balance changes next week. The game does feel like a race to reach 10 with eco at the moment.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I see all these posts about ranking up and then I remember that ranks have been bugged for me for a week and I haven't moved lol

FreddieQuell

Oct 27, 2017
Two wins in a row. First was with four trolls and knights, second was with a bunch of alliances. 2 trolls, 2 heartless, 3 knights, and 3 hunters with two medusas. Feel like I'm getting the hang of it, and trolls are my favorite right now.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
[00:31] SRM_MadKing: @Finol is there a chance there's a nerf or removal of Higher Class of Criminal? It seems like that item dominates the endgame since you can more easily transition into "5 dollar good stuff with 2*"

[00:32] Finol: @SRM_MadKing For sure, not sure what yet but we're thinking it over.

yay! disappointed that there won't be too many balance changes today but at least we know they are working on a solution.

crystal maiden also probably needs to be looked at. getting your abilities off first is just so strong.

free battle pass is pretty nuts. even if it is a beta and not going to be fully functional.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I've been going between MAC and Chess Rush all day because I want to play Underlords with the Pass, not gonna bother with the rankings now that they might reset. Too late to get up to Boss or Big Boss for whatever bonuses there might be, and I doubt Outlaw will be rewarded.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
So... what's a battlepass? I hear that term a lot but I almost never play multiplayer games so I have no idea what it actually is.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... what's a battlepass? I hear that term a lot but I almost never play multiplayer games so I have no idea what it actually is.
Based on what Valve/Dota2 has done in the past it's do stuff in the game - win prizes of varying rarity IE win with 9 assassins get a random assassin skin.

They haven't done a free one before so everyone is super curious what it will be.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It is like the evolution of the Dota Compendium, basically you buy it / do different activities, to unlock skins / different cosmetic stuff for the game.
Based on what Valve/Dota2 has done in the past it's do stuff in the game - win prizes of varying rarity. They haven't done a free one before so everyone is super curious what it is.

Thanks! Seeing as Underlords has achieved the almost impossible task of making me enjoy a multiplayer game I'd be interested in buying some stuff for it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll find more bugs in the build and delay it to next week

Edit: The real reason the update hasn't happened yet.

l0qdtswkfx931.png

Status
Not open for further replies.